What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

zombie jesus

Staff member
How much and when is it normally available?

It's 17.95 US at the moment,early bird price, comes out April 1. It's just skill position guys but it's massive, then there's a post draft fantasy write up you get after the draft.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Cowboys may trade down in the first round to take him or look at him in the second round. Given time to develop behind Romo he could be a very good player.

Very interesting draft for the Cowboys. They're nowhere near as bad as their draft position suggests so as painful as this season may have been for them they could come out of it pretty nicely.

Their biggest issue is keeping everyone healthy more than anything else.

Where do you think they'll be targeting this draft? Surely defense is a priority, either someone to get pressure on the QB or a CB to shut the opposition down?

Trading down could be a good option if they can find a suitor.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wentz if given time could be Russ Wilson 2.0, he could be an absolute steal in the second round.

Very possible, and he's probably not the only one who has potential to develop into a match winner from the 2nd/3rd round.

A lot of project QB's up for grabs. have a feeling there will be a lot of maneuvering or attempted maneuvering during the first round of the draft.

DC_fan

Coach
Very interesting draft for the Cowboys. They're nowhere near as bad as their draft position suggests so as painful as this season may have been for them they could come out of it pretty nicely.

Their biggest issue is keeping everyone healthy more than anything else.

Where do you think they'll be targeting this draft? Surely defense is a priority, either someone to get pressure on the QB or a CB to shut the opposition down?

Trading down could be a good option if they can find a suitor.

The Cowboys have a lot of questions concerning the draft. Most will not be answered until we see what happens in free agency, as to who they sign.

From an offensive point of view the obvious areas of concern are quarterback and running back. Their has to be a worry that Romo at 36 next season may struggle to play the full season. So if we draft a quarterback he better be ready to play. McFadden had a very good season but he will be 29 come next season and he does have a history of injuries. So if I was drafting offence early these are the positions I would be pushing for.

On the defensive side it is obvious the team was lacking in two areas, a pass rush and turn overs. For mine both work hand in hand, you get one then you get the other. Not sure if Hardy will be back which opens up a spot at DE. Lawrence had a good season but we need someone out to partner him. Randy Gregory just didn't get going this season. DT's were disappointing this season, with little or no pressure placed on the QB. Big things were expected from Tyrone Crawford but he did little. Recent news suggest he may have been carrying an injury for most of the season. The other tackle Nick Hayden is nothing more then a run stopper and not great at that. So drafting a DT or DE who can pass rush would not surprise me. At cornerback we lost Scandrick before the season started which we weakened the position. Next season he will be 29 and returning from a torn ACL/MCL. Has to be some doubt he can return and play well. As for Our other cornerbacks Claiborne and Carr, the former is a free agent and the later because of his cap value may not return. I don't expect both to be with the team next season so it will open up a need for a new corner to be signed as a free agent or drafted. We shouldn't forget about linebacker where MLB Rolando McClain is a free agent.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Agree on the connection between pass rush/turnovers. the 9ers have similar issues where Lynch was pretty much the only guy who could get regular pressure on. We had nothing elsewhere and it gave the opposition QB all day to pick his targets.

I could see our teams fighting or at least showing interest over a few of the same players during free agency.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Nope. Leonard Floyd looks to be the best of the bunch, but question marks over how well his game will translate from college to the NFL. I don't mind him, but late first at best when he's being projected for mid first.

It's an intriguing draft with a lot of positions that don't have a stand out. You could very easily make an argument that there is no QB or WR worthy of a top ten spot (even though we know they will go there).

The more I think about it the more I don't like the idea of taking a QB at #7. Would much rather try to trade down, fill a gap in the roster with a later first rounder and then look at the possibility of trading up to late first or early second to grab a QB like Wentz who needs development but could potentially be a franchise QB in time.

Fills an immediate need and gives us a QB with genuine potential to develop.

having said that - we won't trade down. I'm pretty sure on that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
None of the centres interest me personally.

CB is pretty deep this year so there's opportunity to pick up a good one, possibly a very good one if you're willing/able to trade up (or if one of them falls).

Shorty

Staff member
Coker was quite impressive in the NC, if just for the clutch of it all, plus his size.
He isn't projected to go very high, this means Cowboys (if they wanted) can meet some needs and maybe get him in a later round.
I see he's going to the senior bowl, should be interesting to see how he goes.

DC_fan

Coach
Coker was quite impressive in the NC, if just for the clutch of it all, plus his size.
He isn't projected to go very high, this means Cowboys (if they wanted) can meet some needs and maybe get him in a later round.
I see he's going to the senior bowl, should be interesting to see how he goes.

I agree about his performance today. The Dallas coaches will be looking after the Senior Bowl so they will get a good look at him.

The downside for Coker is that Alabama do not have a great history of producing quarterbacks for the NFL. This season AJ McCarron is the first 'bama QB to win a NFL game since 1987.

abpanther

Staff member
Andrew Billings has declared for the draft!

I think he's the best DT in the draft and a top 10-15 pick

Latest posts