What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

shiznit

Coach

rams needs

QB

MLB

WR

CB if the rams lose jenkins and tru johnson in fa i may lose it

You guys need a f**king coach... I like Jeff Fisher and he's built a nice team but it seems like he just can't get you over that hump...

It doesn't help that he hasn't had any luck at QB with all of Bradford's injuries and Foles not panning out... But you have so many nice pieces you would hate to see them go another season out of the playoffs.

18to87

Coach

rams needs

QB

MLB

WR

CB if the rams lose jenkins and tru johnson in fa i may lose it

Would you take Peyton Manning for a year? Highly doubt he goes to the NFC where his brother is but would sell some tickets for the LA Rams. Could see him at Houston or the Jets if he doesn't retire.

kurt faulk

Coach
You guys need a f**king coach... I like Jeff Fisher and he's built a nice team but it seems like he just can't get you over that hump...

It doesn't help that he hasn't had any luck at QB with all of Bradford's injuries and Foles not panning out... But you have so many nice pieces you would hate to see them go another season out of the playoffs.

unfortunately fisher isn't going anywhere so rams fans will endure fisherball at least one more season. do you know the rams only passed for 11 tds this season. ELEVEN. that's beyond embarrassing.

the sad part is if they knew sam would last the whole season they would have kept him. instead we witnessed the worst display of qbing in the history of the nfl. i swear it was painful seeing foles out there for 11 games. i can't describe it to you, you had to see the whole games to truly understand the angst we felt.

kurt faulk

Coach
Would you take Peyton Manning for a year? Highly doubt he goes to the NFC where his brother is but would sell some tickets for the LA Rams. Could see him at Houston or the Jets if he doesn't retire.

no qb worth his salt would play for fisher. he sits on one possession leads for a whole half. someone kill me.

18to87

Coach
no qb worth his salt would play for fisher. he sits on one possession leads for a whole half. someone kill me.

Don't want to hijack the thread but that's the thing - you don't take on a 40yo Manning unless you are going to let him run his offense. Fisher may step aside. He once wore a Manning jersey to a press conference as coach of the Titans lol. Elway just said he wants Brock in Denver for a long time and Manning likely wants at least one more year.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach
Don't want to hijack the thread but that's the thing - you don't take on a 40yo Manning unless you are going to let him run his offense. Fisher may step aside. He once wore a Manning jersey to a press conference as coach of the Titans lol. Elway just said he wants Brock in Denver for a long time and Manning likely wants at least one more year.

fisher run anything other than fisherball? haha, no way. :(

kurt faulk

Coach
Lions should pick

1. OT
2. OT
3. OT
4. OT
5. OT
6. OT
7. OT

2 of them are bound the be good

that was the rams strategy last season. they picked 4 oline in the draft then one more in the supplement draft for good measure.

their oline should be much improved next season.

Tom155

Coach
Notre Dame Fighting Irish linebacker Jaylon Smith will undergo reconstructive knee surgery on Thursday to repair damage that includes a torn ACL and MCL, according to sources.

The surgery could impact Smith's 2016 NFL draft status if he still decides to forgo his senior season, according to league sources. He has been projected as a potential top five or 10 draft selection.

Smith is still expecting to apply for draft eligibility, school sources said
http://espn.go.com/college-football...lon-smith-undergo-reconstructive-knee-surgery

abpanther

Staff member
Am i the only one who thinks Joey Bosa is a little over-rated?
That's not to say he's not a really good young player, i think he's a worthy top 10 pick, but im seeing a lot of JJ Watt comparisons and i reckon any team drafting him and expecting him to be the next JJ Watt is going to be disappointed

Na I think he's pretty legit

Did you watch the Fiesta bowl?

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/joey-bosa-vs-notre-dame-2015/

Notre Dame's RT was eaten alive by Bosa. Brian Kelly kept Bosa away from LT Ronnie Stanley. Bosa made running the ball nearly impossible for Notre Dame and was also in the QB's face. Then he was ejected for targeting, which allowed Notre Dame to start moving the ball.

He reminds me of a more athletic Justin Smith, can rush inside but can also drop into coverage, could even play 3-4 OLB

nick87

Coach
Na I think he's pretty legit

Did you watch the Fiesta bowl?

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/joey-bosa-vs-notre-dame-2015/

Notre Dame's RT was eaten alive by Bosa. Brian Kelly kept Bosa away from LT Ronnie Stanley. Bosa made running the ball nearly impossible for Notre Dame and was also in the QB's face. Then he was ejected for targeting, which allowed Notre Dame to start moving the ball.

He reminds me of a more athletic Justin Smith, can rush inside but can also drop into coverage, could even play 3-4 OLB

As said, i think he's a really good young player and think he'll be a really good pro.
But JJ Watt is on track to go down as the greatest defensive player of all time, comparing Boas to him and saying that's who you're going to get is ridiculous

agree with the Justin Smith comp, i think that's 100% spot on and if you draft Bosa in the top 5 and get a Justin Smith level player, you take that every day of the week

abpanther

Staff member
As said, i think he's a really good young player and think he'll be a really good pro.
But JJ Watt is on track to go down as the greatest defensive player of all time, comparing Boas to him and saying that's who you're going to get is ridiculous

agree with the Justin Smith comp, i think that's 100% spot on and if you draft Bosa in the top 5 and get a Justin Smith level player, you take that every day of the week

Well yeah sure if you compare him to JJ Watt now it's a ridiculous comparison.

But I don't think it's far fetched to compare him to JJ Watt as a college prospect, no one knew Watt would become the player he is today, otherwise he would've been selected #1 overall

Bosa should be a top 10 pick

abpanther

Staff member
Carl Lawson is staying in school. Pass rushers are going to be at a premium in this draft.

I've been looking at more videos of Shaq Lawson, though, and he is really growing on me. Initially, he seemed a bit stiff and unathletic, but I must have caught him in a bad game. He looked plenty fluid and athletic in the video cut-ups I've seen recently. I think he's strictly a 4-3 DE though.

Shorty

Staff member
What are the chances of Goff falling to Cowboys? I think Browns want him now that Manziel is a complete clusterf**k but still.
Don't really want Lynch, why is he touted so highly btw, is it size?

Considering the needs of Tenn, what's the chances of Sanfran or someone trading up? I don't think these QBs are worth it but Goff's stock is growing by the day.

abpanther

Staff member
What are the chances of Goff falling to Cowboys? I think Browns want him now that Manziel is a complete clusterf**k but still.
Don't really want Lynch, why is he touted so highly btw, is it size?

Considering the needs of Tenn, what's the chances of Sanfran or someone trading up? I don't think these QBs are worth it but Goff's stock is growing by the day.

Not sure about Goff, but it does seem that Cleveland will indeed take a QB and I think Goff would be the first one off the board.

Yeah the infatuation with Lynch is he has good size, arm strength, very good athlete. I was keen on him initially, but he really showed some issues down the strength. Inconsistent accuracy and just didn't show up in big moments.

I really hope SF don't trade up, as I've mentioned before I actually like some of the middle round QBs more (e.g. Carson Wentz and Kevin Hogan), I think they present better value

Goff's stock soared with his last performance but the quality of the opposition was very poor, he hasn't performed nearly as well against tougher opposition this season

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Very torn on all of this.

If we cut Kap we're definitely taking a QB in the draft first

If we keep Kap, we're stuck with Kap.

Mock drafts are predictably all over the place. I've seen some picking both the Cowboys/browns to take a QB and others where SF are the first to take a QB (Goff). I just can't help thinking that a high QB pick will be a bit of a waste.

abpanther

Staff member
FROM ESPN.COM'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL PAGE

Michigan State All-America left tackle Jack Conklin is skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft, the school announced Wednesday.

I know that everyone has Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley at the top of the offensive lineman rankings, and that Conklin is supposed to be "a little stiff in the ankles" (I can't believe they write this stuff!), but he was a monster against Alabama and also Iowa, tossing defensive lineman aside. I'm gonna watch some more videos but I think he's right up there as the number 1 offensive lineman in the draft. It's not like the consensus has been right about the top offensive linemen in recent drafts anyway!

This is a great draft for offensive lineman

zombie jesus

Staff member
Get the Matt Waldman RSP when it comes out, I've got that the last few years. Way too much information to digest but awesome.

Latest posts