What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R2 vs Manly

magpie guy

Juniors
Totally agree mate. Come the 2009 finals the form teams were the storm, eels and us. Too bad we finished 9th. Moltzen was always a good 7 but horrible 1. We missed some valuable finals experience for 2010/11. Anyways ancient history now.

Was that the same season that TNT did his leg as well? with those two and an inform moltz at 7 we could have had a tilt that year.

On topic, gee Lawrence looked good. He took a hitup late in the second game that was just 90 miles an hour and straight between two players. would have made 15 metres on that one. He's not one of the fastest players in the game now but he is probably the fastest second rower. Really promising to see.

Teddy is phenomenal as well. I don't know how we cover him when he gets an origin call up. Would JAC get a run?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Was that the same season that TNT did his leg as well? with those two and an inform moltz at 7 we could have had a tilt that year.
I remember it well - a pressure Friday night game against Parra, Moltzen fields a kick at fullback, instead of running it back up the middle he scurries to the sideline to dump it on TNT who takes the hitup, gets tackled and does his ankle.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Wasn't overly impressed with Cherrington tbh. Could be a co-incidence but I believe the period where we conceded those 3 quick tries was while he was on the field.
He has good service from dummy half but defensively he has a long way to go.

Haven't seen any of his running game in the past two rounds but we all know for a fact its there.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lawrence should be considered for origin, seriously. He is one of the form back rowers in the NRL, has experience and won't be over awed. There is no way Scott, Hoffman, Jackson etc are better options then he would be.

Yep. The problem is that he is only starting to play like this. Still he is going great.

Tiger05

First Grade
Wasn't overly impressed with Cherrington tbh. Could be a co-incidence but I believe the period where we conceded those 3 quick tries was while he was on the field.
He has good service from dummy half but defensively he has a long way to go.

Haven't seen any of his running game in the past two rounds but we all know for a fact its there.

Everyone states how good Cherrington's service is but I saw him throw some balls that weren't on the money. I still think he is good but he needs to find his feet a little in first grade.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Everyone states how good Cherrington's service is but I saw him throw some balls that weren't on the money. I still think he is good but he needs to find his feet a little in first grade.

He is still very raw.

We will be a much better team when Farah is back, particularly defensively.

I would still have Cherrington on the bench as a spark.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Yeah definitely will need a bit of time. A lot more pressure on him now that it is clear that he has been earmarked as part of our future spine.

Random question, but who do we all think we should pursue to rotate with Cherrington for 2018? Ballin amd Halutau will likely retire, Farah probably move to EPL so we will need someone. I really like Damien Cook if he doesn't end up staying at Bunnies past 2017

Blaming Cherrington for the 3 tries is a bit harsh,i agree it wasn't one of his best games and he wasn't the only one missing tackles,but like Moses and Brooks he still needs time to develope to get the best out of him on a regular basis.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The Tigers webb site shows them singing the team song but I couldn't understand a word. Could any one let me know what the words are so I can join in as suggested?

magpie4ever

First Grade
The Tigers webb site shows them singing the team song but I couldn't understand a word. Could any one let me know what the words are so I can join in as suggested?

We are the boyz from Western Suburbs, we are the best team in the land etc etc, c'mon Ned you remember it.;-)

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yeah definitely will need a bit of time. A lot more pressure on him now that it is clear that he has been earmarked as part of our future spine.

Random question, but who do we all think we should pursue to rotate with Cherrington for 2018? Ballin amd Halutau will likely retire, Farah probably move to EPL so we will need someone. I really like Damien Cook if he doesn't end up staying at Bunnies past 2017

I think Jacob Liddle is the answer. If he fills out then he has 5 times the potential of Cherrington.

Tigerm

First Grade
He is still very raw.

We will be a much better team when Farah is back, particularly defensively.

I would still have Cherrington on the bench as a spark.

You would think that once Farah and Ballin are back, Cherrington's time in first grade will be very minimal. Unfortunate, but don't think he would make a regular FG spot anywhere.

Tiger05

First Grade
I rate Cherrington. He has added spark to our team on numerous occasions. I'd probably play him on the bench for a while yet even when Robbie comes back.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We are the boyz from Western Suburbs, we are the best team in the land etc etc, c'mon Ned you remember it.;-)

Ah yes, thanks for that. It's all coming back to me now.

We are the boys from Western Suburbs
We are the best team in the land
And Manly can get #$%&*% !

( for the kiddies reading this that last word is lost)

and these days it all ends with an emotive rendition of

" In the Mag pye of the Tiger."

Nurse...Nurse! I can't remember if I have taken my medication today or if I had twice the dosage.

super_coach

First Grade
Cherringtons time will come but if Farah and Balin were fit I would be giving them 30 minutes each as long as they both gave early and quick ball to the dynamic duo and did not try and over play their hand

Tigerted

Juniors
We will be very formidable once Robbie is back particularly as he knows the end is getting closer, he will have a point to prove to Taylor & he would realise there's a chance of duplicating the '05 miracle with some sublime talent especially at 1 & 6.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Cherringtons time will come but if Farah and Balin were fit I would be giving them 30 minutes each as long as they both gave early and quick ball to the dynamic duo and did not try and over play their hand

30 minutes each? To a couple of players who are capable of 80 minutes? I can't see this working. Ballin is a depth signing, not a first choice rake given we have Farah and a developing Cherrington at the club - as well as Halatau in a pinch.

Farah will feed quick ball to the halves and won't need to overplay his hand if Brooks and Moses continue to develop well.