What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 RIO OLYMPICS

alien

Referee
what did you guys think of the opening ceremony??? I liked seeing the history of brazil and I thought the seeds thing was cool

i'm watching the road race at the moment. it's cool to watch as you get to see a lot of the city etc

T-Boon

Coach
I thought the opening ceremony was excellent - though I could only watch about 15 minutes of it.
I am also watching the road race, it is clever that they have this race at the start basically as a chance to show off the whole region.
While I love cycling and the Grand Tours this is one of those events that I think cheapens the olympics a bit as not many of these riders would rate this as their most important ride of the year. I would replace the road race with cycle cross (not that I know much about cycle cross) but something that can showcase a lot of the city and also go through the bush. As well as be the main race from those cycle cross riders for the year.

alien

Referee
Virginia Thrasher from the U.S. won the first gold medal of the Olympics in the Womens Shooting (10 metre air rifle)

https://www.rio2016.com/en/medal-count-country

CpLuVvDWgAUR191.jpg:large

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It was like an nrl club playing a bunch of 12 year olds

Australia is beating Columbia in a similar way if you want to put on 7mate

alien

Referee
I just checked some scores in the rugby sevens.

NZ beat Kenya 52 - 0 (womens)
Australia beat Colombia 53 - 0 (womens)
Great Britain beat Brazil 29 - 3 (womens)

alien

Referee
oi pete, i'm surprised you didn't make some smartarse comment about it being typical that a yank won a gold in shooting because they are gun-mad or something. good to keep that talk in the four corners forum anyway, lol

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Got our first medal with a Bronze in the team archery.

Watching the Opals play Brazil at the moment, started well but then have been taking too many low percentage garbage shots and fell well behind at one stage.

Latest posts