What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 season - draw release

T.S Quint

Coach
The Eels have come away from Townsville with 1 win in the past decade.
Most of those losses were absolute floggings.

Good choice for opening game. :roll:

Diesel

Referee
Cowboys fans will have to watch their team on delay if the last few years are anything to go by

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Wow, we're not getting the traditional Eels away or Eels at Eden Park opener? Good.

And the fixture v Souths in Perth can bugger off. A lot of us as fans are sick of starting the season 0-1 before we've even run on the field.

LESStar58

Referee
Storm will move a home game again but there's no indication that it will be to Napier again. Regional Victoria somewhere gets my vote.

LineBall

Juniors
Can't see the logic behind teams playing their biggest rivals in Round 1. Leave the Rabbits vs Roosters, Broncos vs Cowboys type of matches for later in the year - once teams have found their feet again. And don't play them all on the same week!

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Damn. I was already warming up my deathriding and naysaying in preparation for the Warriors' first round loss to the Eels at Eden Park.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm will move a home game again but there's no indication that it will be to Napier again. Regional Victoria somewhere gets my vote.

Not sure what Manly's arrangement is but maybe Lavington?

Deacon

First Grade
Interesting to see the rival code(AFL) are having a bye round between there last round and the first wk of finals. Personally I think its a smart move

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It also gives open slater to our code for the final round. No competiiton for use of any grounds - the almost certainty of a Storm home game (surely they could play at Etihad or the G vs a massive opponent), plenty of focus on our code for a weekend.

I think the AFL have made the wrong call but time will tell.

Raiderdave

First Grade
It also gives open slater to our code for the final round. No competiiton for use of any grounds - the almost certainty of a Storm home game (surely they could play at Etihad or the G vs a massive opponent), plenty of focus on our code for a weekend.

I agree

What rampant stupidity( and arrogance) from the Victorian game :lol:

thorson1987

Coach

Agreed.

Absolute stupid decision by the AFL imho.

jargan83

Coach
I think the AFL having a bye before finals is incredibly stupid.

It's a knee jerk reaction after a few sides rested half their players in the last round of the season this year.

Last edited:

Bronson

Juniors
I agree

What rampant stupidity( and arrogance) from the Victorian game :lol:

Hardly arrogance? I don't see the negative for anyone if Storm had a weekend with no other professional football rivals in the city? What does the AFL lose if the NRL get a big crowd???

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
If the AFL table shapes up come the week before the final regular season round in 2016 the way it did this year where basically the top 8 was already locked in with no real chance of Freo missing top spot, the bottom 4 of the 8 safe with no teams from outside the 8 able to force their way in, what will stop coaches doing the same thing and resting players in the last round, particularly those that have a niggle and could do with a fortnight's break before the finals?

gUt

Coach
They will use the week off to do some kicking practice to try to get the odd ball through the big sticks.

Latest posts