What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 super league season

fanatique

Juniors
I don't have all the Round 2 attendances but here are 3 of them

Salford at home to Saints 4,386, Widnes at home to Leeds 6,596 and Castleford at home to Wakefield 9,761.

Rhyno

First Grade
The standard of the superleague this year is bad
I've never seen as much dropped ball as there was in the 2 matches this weekend

Catalans vs Leeds was played in pouring rain. Little wonder there was dropped ball.

Catalans were without three first choice players today (Casty, Anderson, Aiton).

Plus Catalans have a host of new signings (Willie Mason was debuting this weekend). It takes time for a team with so many new signings to gel as a team. They will gel eventually, and in the dry weather Todd Carney will shine, as will Dave Taylor (who was excellent today) and Willie Mason (who is unfit).

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Pretty close contests this round including a drop goal-a-thon at hull v wigan. Leeds and huddersfield dont look like top 4 sides this year and if huddersfield cannot get a fulll strength side out and win some games soon they will be middle 8 for sure

I havent seen widnes play yet, are deserved comp leaders after 4 weeks?

JasonE

Bench
I havent seen widnes play yet, are deserved comp leaders after 4 weeks?

Probably yes, solid forward pack and quick outside backs but the key is the halves Mellor and Brown.
When they are in form they are brilliant to watch.
It's so close now in both the NRL and SL that whoever has the least amount of injuries will dominate.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Probably yes, solid forward pack and quick outside backs but the key is the halves Mellor and Brown.
When they are in form they are brilliant to watch.
It's so close now in both the NRL and SL that whoever has the least amount of injuries will dominate.

Maybe they are the real deal going on last night anyway. Or were hull just rubbish

deluded pom?

Coach
Hull have a plan A (attempt to bludgeon the opposition to death). Plan B is non existent. They have no guile in the halves. Everything is about power. Against a well drilled defence it turns into last night.

JasonE

Bench
Hull were rubbish but Widnes were very impressive and exciting to watch.
Keep in mind they have a few decent players to come back in like Dudson and Sa. Not sure what the future is for Danny Tickle.
Alex Gerard was fantastic in his first game back.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Wigans crowds seem to be d I wn this year. Nornally games v wire and leeds are pushing 20k but both fixtures look way down on that

JasonE

Bench
Its just going to be survival of the fittest, every club has heaps of injuries.
Depth is so important and thats why I think Warrington will win it this year.
I think we may see a couple of new teams in the big games this year with Hull also challenging.