What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Week3: Finals Footy Sept 23, 24

Kornstar

Coach
Whatever the storm do others teams can as well.And they try but arent as good at it.
Good teams will beat thier style like roosters and cowboys have. Saints copied it and won a comp.
Sharks put on 32 points last night and could of been 40. I dont think they are boring. GOOD SIDE CAN TAKE LESS RISKS

Most sides that try it don't get the leg ups that the Storm do. The referees penalise the f**k out of you if you try and slow the Storm down.

The problem is that the refs are human and they know the Storm are perceived to be exceptionally better than everyone else (because every merkin in the media bang on about it) so they get away with a lot more than they should and the opposition are perceived not to be as good because once again the refs are human and hear all the time how much better than everyone else the Storm is, so therefore they can't possibly be doing it better than the Storm so they penalise them.

The governing body needs to address it because I've never met a fan of the game who enjoys the wrestling in the game!

Gronk

Staff member
I don't mind the Sharks (ok Gallen shits me).

Happy I have a team to support on Sunday v Storm.

Now we just need Jamal's Bears to get up today and I'll have a team to support in reggies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then we'd be morphing into AFL. No thanks.
I think the games would still be vastly different.

If you can't hold onto a ball or stay within the boundaries of the field you deserve to lose possession.
Then attackers will continue to avoid exciting expansive play like sneaking up the sideline or short passes in traffic. Especially closer to their own half and early in the count. To make the game more interesting you need to change the behaviour of the attacking team, and you do that by reducing the risk attached to attacking play.

Penalise the ruck/wrestling early and be consistent. Then you'll get more exciting and expansive play.
Wrestling is just tackling taken to its logical conclusion. You can't penalise defenders for wanting to slow the ruck. The best teams all do it legally, and they're able to because attacking teams are reluctant to risk losing possession.

Putting the onus on defenders to allow quick play-the-balls means creating the expectation that tacklers will be offside at the next play. In the past that has just led to more dummy half running and playing for the penalty, especially inside the attacking team's half.

jono

Juniors
I have no desire to support either side in the GF. In fact I'm struggling to consider watching it. But as much as I abhor the storm, I have two words that sum up why not to support Cronulla.........
PHIL ROTHFIELD

Noise

Coach
I have no desire to support either side in the GF. In fact I'm struggling to consider watching it. But as much as I abhor the storm, I have two words that sum up why not to support Cronulla.........
PHIL ROTHFIELD

I feel the same. Between Gallen, Fifita and now you reminded me of Rothfield I can't really stomach going for Cronulla

PHIL ROTHFIELD

I have four words that sum up why not to support the storm......THEY'RE THE FREAKING STORM

Latest posts