What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 2 Semi - Cowboys 26-20* Broncos @ 1300SMILES

Semi Finals: Cowboys v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Semi Finals
North Queensland Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 16 September 2016

Gates Open 5pm / U20s SF (NQL v WST) 5:15pm / NRL 7:55pm

NQL-16teamlist.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Javid Bowen 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Coen Hess 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant

BRI-16teamlist2.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Tom Opacic 4. James Roberts 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Tevita Pangai Junior 16. Jai Arrow 17. Alex Glenn 18. Jonus Pearson

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Ashley Klein

ISC QLD
Redcliffe v Falcons @ Dolphin Oval, Sun 2:30pm (CH 9 QLD)

Head to Head
Overall 45 - Cowboys 13 Broncos 30 Drawn 2
At 1300SMILES 24 - Cowboys 8 Broncos 15 Drawn 1
Finals 5 - Cowboys 4 Broncos 1
Last 5 Meetings - Cowboys 3 Broncos 2

Last meeting
2016 Round 10 - Cowboys 19 Broncos 18 at 1300SMILES Stadium

Biggest winning margins
2006 - Cowboys 36 Broncos 4 at Suncorp Stadium (32 points)
1998 - Broncos 58 Cowboys 4 at QEII Stadium (54 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifferd

Coach
Honestly reckon Cowboys will rhomp it home in this one, they weren't that far off Melbourne last night and Brisbane weren't that crash hot on Fri

Cows win 30-10

user_nat

Coach
Would be nice to break the Cowboys finals domination in Townsville.
Can't see it happening on most recent efforts unfortunately.

Shorty

Staff member
Broncos will obviously lift.
If we have our heads in the game and cut out the errors I think we win easily.
Storm is a top defensive side and we managed multiple dropouts.
Broncos goal line defence is a shadow of what it was.

BWNB

First Grade
I don't know why but I have a feeling the broncos will get up. Hope its a tough game and they beat each other up.

The_Shield

Juniors
I think the Cowboys will win this but I want the Broncos to win. Would much rather face the Broncos then the Cowboys or sharks in the grand final

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Quietly confident of a win here.
If we fall behind McGuire should take one for the team and take jt out.
Without him we beat them with 12

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You're right - Arrow is the most replaceable, he can fall on the sword.
True but he'd have to come on much earlier if things go pear shaped early in the game.
Shit the dogs did a double high tackle today and didn't even get penalised. Should try that.

blaza88z

Coach
are you seriously suggesting that we try to take out JT?

I want to win as much as the next guy but that is deplorable

Big Pete

Referee
Thurston is a made man, if you go after him, you're done in this state.

Really looking forward to the contest. Either way, I believe both teams will be up for the game and hopefully it lives up to the past five clashes these teams have had, they've all been beauties.

On the face of it, it's difficult to go past the Cowboys. I'm not sure if they'll necssarily go back to back, but they're a different team in Townsville and the Broncos simply didn't show enough on Friday to convince anybody they can beat the Cowboys. It would take a special performance from the Broncos key men to get up.

I'll admit though, between Melbourne and North Queensland, I much preferred the latter. Melbourne were sporting after the Round 25 performance. You just get the feeling if those two teams played again in Melbourne that the Storm would go into overdrive. If the Broncos were going to get up against any side, it'd be the Cowboys.

TheFrog

Coach
Cowboys take too long to get going and cough up too much pill. The Broncos, for all their appalling traits and immense hateability, do have a sharp backline and tend to be very nicely treated by the whistlemen, as we all saw the other night. The Cows need to come out ready to play and I reckon they will.