What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 3 Prelim - Storm 14-12 Raiders @ AAMI Park

Preliminary Finals: Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

edabomb

First Grade
- Baptiste fails to spread the ball for a certain try after a break and goes himself and is tackled on the 5th, would have made it 20-12 with time on their side.

To be fair catching the markers that far offside is a penalty 99 times out of 100.

Spot On

Coach
Which is why Melbourne were making metres at will through the middle, landing front first with quick play the balls (hesitant defensive line also contributed). We don't wrestle well and are very obvious when we do. The Panthers outwrestled us last week ffs.

Rubbish.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Tapine is pretty rangy for a prop at the moment and you'd definitely consider Bateman to be more mobile. We've also carried Priest who is a smaller prop though I prefer Vaughan in the team due to footwork. Give them time I say. Need a defensive leader on the field when Soliola is off, our line speed is so much better when he's on.
Sure - it's just about consistency for them and getting into the first XIII. To me I think Stuart needs to reinvent this side again next year in terms of tactics, if only for the fact they fell one game short and Melbourne worked them out pretty well. If they want to use gigantic backs to make metres, fine, but it might be worth revisiting the Broncos tactics in the early 2000's to see how that can work and if some of those tactics can be incorporated here. Are they going to revisit the interchange again this off season? Might also play a role.

mongoose

Coach
Sure - it's just about consistency for them and getting into the first XIII. To me I think Stuart needs to reinvent this side again next year in terms of tactics, if only for the fact they fell one game short and Melbourne worked them out pretty well. If they want to use gigantic backs to make metres, fine, but it might be worth revisiting the Broncos tactics in the early 2000's to see how that can work and if some of those tactics can be incorporated here. Are they going to revisit the interchange again this off season? Might also play a role.

I think that's a bit overkill. We lost due to inexperience, not poor tactics.

Raiders have a real air of mediocrity at their club, you only have to see how accepting of this loss they are on the greenhouse forum tonight, so accepting of losing and mediocrity.
They blew their golden chance tonight.

GAZF

First Grade
The interchange had been questionable all year. I think we need to split Boyd and Paulo to start. So much momentum lost after 25 mins. It keeps the other team well in the hunt unless we score 2-3 ties early.

T-Boon

Coach
I actually feel sorry for the people of Melbourne who have been given the impression that this f**kruck style is rugby league. No wonder they choose fumble ball.

GAZF

First Grade
Raiders have a real air of mediocrity at their club, you only have to see how accepting of this loss they are on the greenhouse forum tonight, so accepting of losing and mediocrity.
You act surprised. We've been the most mediocre club in Australia for 20 years.

This Year?

Immortal
The upside of following a team who has long struggled under expectation is that you don't get too surprised when the team fails to deliver under expectation. Hopefully this experience sparks the beginning of the Raiders delivering.

I think your lot will have this day in mind when they make the make their next finals charge and every Raiders fan should be bloody proud of what they've been able to achieve this season.

Raider Azz

Bench
That's some pretty terrible bait there champ, I'd be surprised if you got any bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.