What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/18 Champions League

Haffa

Checked the highlights. That penalty at 4-1 laughable. Chompers grabs his head then throat. Uefalona.

___

Juniors
Checked the highlights. That penalty at 4-1 laughable. Chompers grabs his head then throat. Uefalona.
Check the history books pal, 90% of penalties are laughable.

In fact, the "away goal" rule is laughable. Imagine Barcelona won this leg 5-1, aggregate is 5-5, yet the team who just got smashed go through because they scored one goal "away from home."

Haffa

Check the history books pal, 90% of penalties are laughable.

In fact, the "away goal" rule is laughable. Imagine Barcelona won this leg 5-1, aggregate is 5-5, yet the team who just got smashed go through because they scored one goal "away from home."
Haha, do they document Nibblers dives in the history books? I don't care who won as I don't care for either team. I was just pointing out the way played for contact with his feet then grabbed his head and throat.

No arguments on the away goal rule. Just as bad going out after getting a goalless draw in the first leg and then going out after a 1-1 draw in the second.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They did play well, talk about a new lease of life.

The penalty kick from Seville was atrocious. Chance blown

___

Juniors
PSG is one team, Juventus is another. I can't see Barca coming back in the 2nd leg down 0-3 against one of, if not the best, defensive team in Europe.

Jimbo

Immortal
PSG is one team, Juventus is another. I can't see Barca coming back in the 2nd leg down 0-3 against one of, if not the best, defensive team in Europe.

Yeah, you'd have to think their luck might have run out

Not sure who the pundit on BeIN was who remarked that Barcelona without Messi would be an 'average' team (or words to that effect). Might have been a little OTT, but it's still difficult to see how they will put three past Juve

Jimbo

Immortal
Sad to see BvB's bus attacked as well, although that's the world we now live in

Luckily only one of their players was injured

___

Juniors
Yeah, you'd have to think their luck might have run out

Not sure who the pundit on BeIN was who remarked that Barcelona without Messi would be an 'average' team (or words to that effect). Might have been a little OTT, but it's still difficult to see how they will put three past Juve
Agreed. Barca are still a top club. It's actually a luxury that Messi has with Barca's midfield. Take a look at how well Argentina do with Messi - good but not good enough to win a WC. The midfield is the critical part in a team. Having a classy forward there to finish off their hard work is a bonus.

Haffa

Not sure who the pundit on BeIN was who remarked that Barcelona without Messi would be an 'average' team (or words to that effect).

They always struggle without the help of Refereeinho tbh. He 's been their best player in crucial moments for years.

Latest posts