What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Country 12-20 City @ Mudgee

Country v City: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kalebbland

Juniors
I love this match, especially when it's in my home away from home (Mudgee). Unfortunately I cannot attend this match but I have set up a little party at home with posters I received from Mudgee Council.
How dare the NRL take away this game. Their excuse is that it costs so much. If so why don't they just hand over the rights of the match to NSWRL so they can pay for it. I hope there are some banners in the crowd expressing their anger because this is an absolute disgrace. Once again Todd Greenberg has screwed us over,
Long live CountryvCity!!!

Hawkins

Juniors
I'll always vote city as I am from the city. Its like Origin except no one watches.

King hit

Coach
Hope it can put on a show on Sunday and give it a worthwhile send off. Country rugby league gets a raw deal and how they've gone along with the team selections is farcical and a kick in the face to Country fans.

Hope that Vaughan can put in a big performance. I think that a big game from him could push him into Origin with the sidelining of Woods.

MKCS

Juniors
I think Country will win although the City team isn't as bad as some have said. Moylan, Gallen, Tamou all have pretty decent credentials and City also has the Grand Final winning 7.

ed-grimley

Bench
I love this match, especially when it's in my home away from home (Mudgee). Unfortunately I cannot attend this match but I have set up a little party at home with posters I received from Mudgee Council.
How dare the NRL take away this game. Their excuse is that it costs so much. If so why don't they just hand over the rights of the match to NSWRL so they can pay for it. I hope there are some banners in the crowd expressing their anger because this is an absolute disgrace. Once again Todd Greenberg has screwed us over,
Long live CountryvCity!!!
People will miss it when it's gone.

GongPanther

Referee
People will miss it when it's gone.

There is a match every year in Bathurst.They have pre-season games in all areas on the East coast of Australia. And there is a designated team in Canberra. Thing is,it costs a lot of money for little reward to take a league match to the country unless they are prepared to shell out a lot more than Sydney crowds.

ed-grimley

Bench
There is a match every year in Bathurst.They have pre-season games in all areas on the East coast of Australia. And there is a designated team in Canberra. Thing is,it costs a lot of money for little reward to take a league match to the country unless they are prepared to shell out a lot more than Sydney crowds.
What's the country ever done for us?

Diesel

Referee
Not sure if it's being played in NSW, but 9 in Brisbane is showing QLD residents vs NSW residents. Not a bad game

King hit

Coach
I think City will win despite being a country boy. Just think City are better credentialed plus the Gallen influence. Hope Vaughan has a big game, I feel if he does he will strengthen his chances for a NSW start.

Got my country jumper on, Go Country

T-Boon

Coach
They could keep these sides/jerseys alive in the Nines. Pick a Sydney residence team and a country residence team to play in these cool jerseys in the Nines together with PNG.