What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Country 12-20 City @ Mudgee

Country v City: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Very poor passing from Walker in the second half.

It would be great if they played Garth Brooks over the speakers.

King hit

Coach
Origin winning captain, Kangaroo great, Premiership winning captain and now a City winning captain

More success for Gallen

mxlegend99

Referee
Carty seals the game. He and Tamou have won the game for City while keeping country in it. Unique ability that one.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gallen was impressive for City. He was a rock in defence and I think it rubbed off on his teammates a bit. They dont win without him.

King hit

Coach
Well done to both teams on a good finish to City V Country games. Both teams were fare dinkum and turned it on, was a good game in the end proving the critics wrong. I'm a country boy so I feel a link to this game so I will miss it a bit.

Tamou mom, can't really disagree with that

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah it's all about you Captain Peptide.
He had a good game and added a bit of credibility to a game struggling to fill the 17s.

Im not a Gallen fan. But he was great today. I think he would have influenced his team through the week.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well done to both teams on a good finish to City V Country games. Both teams were fare dinkum and turned it on, was a good game in the end proving the critics wrong. I'm a country boy so I feel a link to this game so I will miss it a bit.

Tamou mom, can't really disagree with that
Deadset. Tge worst game this weekend was the main game.

These lesser games were much more enjoyable. Skill levels might not be the same. But the passion was terrific and risks were taken.

And there we have it. Another nail in the coffin of one of the greatest nurseries and support bases the sport has ever had and will ever have.

It's not just the players and club CEOs on drugs in Sydney.

King hit

Coach
Must give Brad Fittler credit for getting the City team over the line after struggling to even name a team. Reckon he could make a good Origin coach.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
Well thank f**k that concept is dead... The fact NRL sides can dictate whether their players get selected meant the death of it, which is a real shame.

wibble

Bench
I thought it was a fairly high quality game. We've seen some NSW sides play less cohesively over the years.

Tamou put in a timely reminder that he always sucks less at rep level than club level.

People are going to hate Gallen no matter what he does, but I didn't want him to play, and risk himself for a "nothing" game. But he played hard, and was very professional, and the last City/Country game needed a bit of that given the problems recruiting a side.

I was also very happy with Townsend's form. He is coming along well with his kicking and game management.