What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
I watched a bit. Mostly hit ups and bomb sets that I saw - good set completion. Was there any good football for the crowd to get excited about? Did Pearce try a chip from inside own 30? A length of the field try...they bring the crowds back. I guess repeated hit ups and bombs do as well. They are, err...intense.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Well I have a strong dislike of the Eastern Suburbs Club AKA the Rorters if any team should be moved it should be them,watched the game in fits & starts on Fox as I not fond of Saints either.
Watched the Storm Vs Warriors match from start to finish it was a good match,so far as the rorters go I would give them SA as they don't know what a bunch of self centered pricks they are,they were just as ignorant when they were in Perth for 1 weekend

Emu01

Juniors
Some people are hard to please on here. We had 2 full stadiums to finish the round off,and Perth Red still wasn't happy overall.

We had a golden point victory to the Roosters and Tboon said it's boring!

Come on guys. Are you guys ever happy?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I watched a bit. Mostly hit ups and bomb sets that I saw - good set completion. Was there any good football for the crowd to get excited about? Did Pearce try a chip from inside own 30? A length of the field try...they bring the crowds back. I guess repeated hit ups and bombs do as well. They are, err...intense.
Can this f**kwit be confined to the cave.

carcharias

Immortal
3 great crowds, 1 ok crowd, 4 poor crowds, imo.
Funny how the " poorly " attended games were games where only one team would've had supporters show up.

This is what Perth would be faced with every single home game if they had a team.

They'd get no supporters from away teams.
It'd be much worse than an East coast team based game.

Im guessing PRs poor crowd was Souths, Brisbane...which it was.

As we argue tv vs crowds all the time, what were the viewing figures for that one? And all games?

taipan

Referee
Funny how the " poorly " attended games were games where only one team would've had supporters show up.

This is what Perth would be faced with every single home game if they had a team.

They'd get no supporters from away teams.
It'd be much worse than an East coast team based game.

Correct.12,000 Titans fans all flying down to Shark Park .It's the norm I tell ye says PR.

T-Boon

Coach
We had a golden point victory to the Roosters and Tboon said it's boring!

From what I saw the crowd and the game situation made it an exciting game. The football play itself was hit ups and bombs. Sort of like State of Origin. If that does it for you great, but I think it is a major factor in crowds being ordinary.

Paullyboy

Coach
It was an awesome crowd at the Roosters/Dragons game, but anyone that thinks that was a good game is being very,very generous.

Neither team had any ability to spread the ball more than one pass wide. Every time they tried it, it fell apart spectacularly.

It's a typical soccer post-match reaction. It went to golden point (or their equivalent when it goes to a shoot-out) and people remember it as some epic, when in reality there was a lot of poor play that led to the stalemate in the first place.

Clifferd

Coach
Brisbane v Penrith 29k
Rabbitohs v Manly 16k
Cowboys v Eels 16k
Titans v Knights 14k
Bulldogs v Raiders 15k
Tigers v Sharks 17k
Warriors v Roosters 19k
Dragons v Melbourne 15k

horrie hastings

First Grade
40,864 new Anzac Record at SFS

Which just eclipsed the 2013 crowd of 40,752. The annoying thing was in the members section in line with the in goal but right up the back there was scaffolding which must have been used for camera work for either the Waratahs or Sydney FC games and this took about 20-30[ maybe more] seats out at both ends, this should have been taken down for such a big game. the members was already getting close to reaching capacity when I arrived at 1.45pm

Latest posts