What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Free Agency

nick87

Coach
I dont even know, i kind of want the eagles to stay out of the big money guys.
If they spend i want it to be on Bouye or Jeffery

I dont even think we could afford to do all this if we dont move some things... but some targets id want - Bouye, Gilmore , Kirkpatrick Amukamara at corner are names
Marshall or Jeffery at WR (want to steer clear of the speed guys unless it's a trade for Cooks)
Kniles Davis at RB

shiznit

Coach
Interior lineman... a mike LB and anything in the secondary.

On the other side... maybe a lead running back... at the right price.

Calais Campbell would be nice...

Adrian Peterson if we can get him on an incentive laden deal.

Dante Hightower...

nick87

Coach
I see torrey smith got released, I think the eagles tried to land him in the trade period last year

I could see him fitting in as our deep threat speed guy if the price is right

nick87

Coach
No love for a return of the prodigal son DJax??

From what I've seen on twitter and other reports he is in line for 12-13mil
Which is too rich for my blood given he isn't a possession receiver which is what the eagles need at that sort of price tag

But if that's just wishful thinking agents numbers and he is willing to come for like 25m/3 years/12gtd, something like that, yeah sure

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'd like the Steelers to sign one of the top corners but they won't spend enough to get one.

Happy enough to re-sign/extend our own and see what's left over, get a competitive player or two for $4-6m a year or something. Most D positions could do with a boost, WR and back up QB on the other side.

nick87

Coach
Unusually quiet day 1 of legal tampering. Seems like everyone is a little bit wary of this FA class.
I wonder if this is just teams feeling out the market or a sign that the money isnt going to flowing as freely as we all expect.

Going to be a fun next 3-4 days.

DC_fan

Coach
Unusually quiet day 1 of legal tampering. Seems like everyone is a little bit wary of this FA class.
I wonder if this is just teams feeling out the market or a sign that the money isnt going to flowing as freely as we all expect.

Going to be a fun next 3-4 days.

Free agency does not start to 3pm Thursday U.S. time. Which is 7am Friday our time.

shiznit

Coach
On the Raiders front... I know it's early, but I'm pretty disappointed that the only name we are seriously being linked to is Peterson.

I don't mind picking him up... but he needs to be on something REAL cheap... I'm talking something well south of 5M a year but with incentives.

If we end up paying him the 6-8M I'm seeing in stories I'll be pretty pissed...

We have Carr & Mack both due in the next couple of years... and I'm not worried about Reggie keeping those two... but guys like Gabe Jackson could be squeezed out... I'd rather we put the Peterson money on resigning Gabe Jackson and draft a RB in rounds 2-4.

God-King Dean

Immortal
A T is one of Detroit's needs. But we'll see if 9 mill was worth it, with Stafford set to get a massive contract next off season.