What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdalymc

Bench
Fine with dragons wearing the red- they have Illawarra in their name ..
But tigers need to sort their shit out...

GAZF

First Grade
Any thoughts on Macron? Good Jersey makers? I know they do some premier league jerseys
They do Scotland's rugby gear. A lot of their templates have lots of panels which don't work great with RL logos/sponsors. Will be interesting what they come up with, outside of the obvious classic design.

beave

Coach
Cowbs ANZAC jersey revealed today

3AAE2139-5BE2-4225-A04C-F2A98A0B3179_zpsidj0oqcc.jpg

749815F7-8D6B-4561-8002-8B0C347EBB41_zpsrrgso7ip.jpg

Love the colour set, shows how good our kit can be without the yellow. The background pic I think is the Cenotaph at Anzac park on the Strand in TownsvilIe. Not sure I like it overall, might have to see it in person to have a better opinion.

callmack1

Staff member
Cowbs ANZAC jersey revealed today

3AAE2139-5BE2-4225-A04C-F2A98A0B3179_zpsidj0oqcc.jpg

749815F7-8D6B-4561-8002-8B0C347EBB41_zpsrrgso7ip.jpg

Love the colour set, shows how good our kit can be without the yellow. The background pic I think is the Cenotaph at Anzac park on the Strand in TownsvilIe. Not sure I like it overall, might have to see it in person to have a better opinion.
Not bad.

gzerounian

Juniors
This is the reason why the Dragons V looks so wierd this year and it seems the Roosters have a similar issue. ISC are using a separate piece of material for the upper shoulder section of the jersey connecting to the shoulder/sleeve, which makes it impossible to have a wider V. Teams that have this piece the same colour as the rest of their jersey dont have this issue such as Manly and Brisbane. The Souths jersey purposely uses a different colour on their jersey for this piece. I always wondered why the souths black or white shoulder strips were curved as I think a rectangle would have looked so much better.20170406_202142_HDR-1.jpg

LineBall

Juniors
This is the reason why the Dragons V looks so wierd this year and it seems the Roosters have a similar issue. ISC are using a separate piece of material for the upper shoulder section of the jersey connecting to the shoulder/sleeve, which makes it impossible to have a wider V. Teams that have this piece the same colour as the rest of their jersey dont have this issue such as Manly and Brisbane. The Souths jersey purposely uses a different colour on their jersey for this piece. I always wondered why the souths black or white shoulder strips were curved as I think a rectangle would have looked so much better.View attachment 12276
I understand what you're saying, however, Timmah's post with the Rooster's Anzac Jersey shows ISC can do it well. The clubs need to be firmer with suppliers with regards to the quality of their designs.

gzerounian

Juniors
I understand what you're saying, however, Timmah's post with the Rooster's Anzac Jersey shows ISC can do it well. The clubs need to be firmer with suppliers with regards to the quality of their designs.
I know I saw that too but maybe their onfield version will be different. Their home jersey this year has had the same problem:
Screenshot_2017-04-07-21-42-18-1.png
This photo of DCE shows the piece of material much clearer.
Screenshot_2017-04-07-21-48-49-1.png
The old ISC design had the sleeve, shoulder and back of neck as one piece. I guess they have done it for player comfort so that it feels more like an AFL singlet giving them more freedom.

Rooster8

Juniors
Saw this in the Daily Telegraph this morning. Desperate?
(Couldn't upload the whole page due to the file being too large)
IMG_7429.JPG

Perth Red

Post Whore
Amazing given the popularity of eels they can't find a sponsor. I'm sure Gurr will sort it out.

I'm surprised at the narrow way they are marketing the opportunity though. Surely having exposure in NZ and across Australia is more important to a big company than the fact they are based in western Sydney, unless they are aiming at Stavros kebab shop for the front of the jersey?

Bit of a stretch to suggest 33% of 2 million people are eels fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.