What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NBA Finals GSW vs CAVS

Who is taking out the 2017 title?

• Total voters

T-Boon

Coach
You take Curry out this thing is it's basically what you just watched LeBron do, just KD wrecking shop in 4-1/4-2 loss

He did ok standing behind Durant. But look how useless he was in the 14 and 15 finals.
It is Kev's team now.
If Irving and Curry switched the Warriors still win.

T-Boon

Coach
Shame Bron is 3-5 and probably wont be in the "positive" come the end of his career, but it could be worst, he could be 2-6 had Popovich not taken out TD in game 6 2013.

True, but at this point Lebron's finals record should be judged on wins not wins v loses because he has gotten to at least 2 finals that they should not have even gotten to, plus this super team era you just can't go 6/6.
If he wins another ring especially if it is against GSW then it is a great record.

nick87

Coach
If Irving and Curry switched the Warriors still win.

And..? Haha
What the hell is going on here. Now Irving is nothing but a role player too? Haha.

Yes it's LeBron's team and yes it's now KD's team. But Steph got a ring without KD, was excellent in that series. Had a bad series last year when he was clearly hurt. This series was absolutely lights out. He's a 2x MVP ffs.

Curry is one of the best 5 players in the game! Haha role player. Stop it. In fact dont, Ill stop it.
Im out. Haha.

T-Boon

Coach
And..? Haha
But Steph got a ring without KD, was excellent in that series. Had a bad series last year when he was clearly hurt.

Steff was horrible in that series.
So much so Iguadala got MVP even though he was just MVP for finding a way to stop Lebron's total dominance and Lebron and a bunch of scrubs (Delly was arguably second best) nearly stole the ring.
Plus this "he was hurt last year" stuff is brand new. He just stunk.
Curry stunk so bad the last two years they had to go get Durant to get it done.

Aragorn

First Grade
Congrats GSW.

Congrats Kevin.

What are the chances of Kevin over-taking Lebrons ring collection? I think its a real possibility.

10 years from now they'll be saying Lebron who??? Theres only one sheriff in town.

His name is Kevin Durant.

Agree with peoples comments - they need to trade Kevin and TT for a legit low post superstar or scorer.

nick87

Coach
This one aint on LeBron. He did all he could. He came out with a double barrell shotgun, but the warriors had AK47s.....no contest.

Shame Bron is 3-5 and probably wont be in the "positive" come the end of his career, but it could be worst, he could be 2-6 had Popovich not taken out TD in game 6 2013.

Yep
LBJ was absolutely insane. Amazing performance by him. It says a lot about how great the warriors are that LeBron playing at this level, with an elite scorer and shooters all around him only got one game off the warriors

I don't think LBJ is the GOAT, but damn he's #2 fairly comfortably imo

Rod

Bench
Congrats GSW.

Congrats Kevin.

What are the chances of Kevin over-taking Lebrons ring collection? I think its a real possibility.

10 years from now they'll be saying Lebron who??? Theres only one sheriff in town.

His name is Kevin Durant.

Calm down.

Surely if this season has taught us anything it's that rings by itself is and always was a stupid measure of a player's value.

Aragorn

First Grade
Calm down.

Surely if this season has taught us anything it's that rings by itself is and always was a stupid measure of a player's value.

It may be stupid but it is what it is.

The # of rings will always been the pinnacle of success.

Rod

Bench
It may be stupid but it is what it is.

The # of rings will always been the pinnacle of success.

No they won't.

Just because a certain amount of idiots have made that belief frighteningly widespread, doesn't make it so.

T-Boon

Coach
It should be - in order:
1. MVPs;
2. Rings;
3. Statistics;
4. Who ever rams that mouth guard down Curry's throat the furthest;
5. Finals MVPs;

Aragorn

First Grade
No they won't.

Just because a certain amount of idiots have made that belief frighteningly widespread, doesn't make it so.

You mean like the players - who value winning a ring over MVP, Finals MVP, Statistics, etc etc etc...

I'm with the players on this one. But hey, if you value MVP or stats of whatever it is that rocks your boat more than the ring, then I guess thats your perrogative

Rod

Bench
No, you're twisting it. If you give the player the choice of a ring, an MVP, a Finals MVP etc, obviously he would choose the ring.

We're talking about whether rings and rings alone determine a players worth/career/legacy/whatever. If you're a rational enough fan you should be able to take rings into account along with a myriad of other factors when determining this.

Otherwise, Bill Russell is the unquestionable GOAT and we can all stop with this Jordan/LeBron stuff.

T-Boon

Coach
I'm with the players on this one. But hey, if you value MVP or stats of whatever it is that rocks your boat more than the ring, then I guess thats your perrogative

Rings are the pinnacle of what you can achieve as a player and team. But they aren't all worth the same to a players legacy. Lebron's win last year was worth more than Durant's win this year or either that he won with Miami.

Aragorn

First Grade
Rings are the pinnacle of what you can achieve as a player and team. But they aren't all worth the same to a players legacy. Lebron's win last year was worth more than Durant's win this year or either that he won with Miami.

Yes, fair point. But like I mentioned, history or the next generation of fans wont remember the details about how these rings were won. 10-20 years from now all people will remember from this rivalry is who won the most rings.

nick87

Coach
Ive enjoyed seeing a bunch of stuff on twitter about how KD's ring doesnt mean shit because he didnt earn it, in the same "Durant" search feed that has a bunch of shit about Curry, Green and Thompson who KD apparently carried

Can the internet figure it out? Did KD carry this team against an mega star, or did he coast and not earn his ring?

f**k the haters. Im not even a big GSW guy but this shit is obscene. KD is great. Dude earned his ring, Got his first the same way Bron got his. Same way KG got his.
People need to just appreciate how awesome it was to see greatness at the peak of its power. On both teams

Rod

Bench
The way I look at it:

- I don't know what comments you've been reading but to suggest KD 'carried' that talent on his team well, there are no words as to how stupid that is.

- KD didn't need this ring to prove he was great. Already a great player in my and I'm sure most other's eyes. Maybe 2nd best player in the league, definitely 3rd at worst if you happen to like Kawhi over him.

- If we accept the above to be true, then in a lot of fans eyes this season and his ring are basically a write-off. If you didn't already think KD was great, it's not like this ring proves you otherwise. He joined a 73-win team. If for some reason you doubted KD, this season has done nothing to remove that doubt. If anything, it's just frustrated the shit out of everyone.

- I don't personally think this ring has the same feel and emotion to it that LeBron/Jordan etc's first one did but hey, if KD is truly happy with it (I'm not convinced he would be, but who's to know?) then good for him. I just personally don't rate it that highly at all (I will acknowledge he played outstandingly in these Finals, but again, I never really doubted that anyway if/when he was able to get there. He was the favourite for Finals MVP before the series started for a reason).

- The whole thing has just left a sour taste for me. It's really why I rail so hard against this 'RINGZ' bullshit that has plagued the league. I don't like KD's decision at all. I think he took the easy way out. But at the same time, if it's the only way to appease certain simpletons who only look at your ring count when you're retired then in some ways I don't blame KD for going, 'right. you wanted a ring. I'll just join one of the best teams ever. There's your f'n ring.'