What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Fri - Storm 30-0 Broncos @ AAMI

Finals Week 3: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someguy

First Grade
Storm forwards too strong and defence usually does a good job on Milford but as parra showed if you can slow down the game and force Melbourne to try to force the pace they really struggle. Melbourne really thrive on quick play the balls and got none of it against parra only got out of jail on some bullshit hot potato tries.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Is there any chance the nrl could schedule something more palatable, maybe Nazis v ISIS?
It really is the battle of the despotic regimes, isn't it?

And yet, I feel unclean because I'll be cheering on the Storm.

I mean we'd have a better chance in the GF against the Broncos but losing to them on the big day would probably see me jump into shark infested waters.

So f**k you Brisbane. You're so loathsome that you're making me cheer on the Storm.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It really is the battle of the despotic regimes, isn't it?

And yet, I feel unclean because I'll be cheering on the Storm.

I mean we'd have a better chance in the GF against the Broncos but losing to them on the big day would probably see me jump into shark infested waters.

So f**k you Brisbane. You're so loathsome that you're making me cheer on the Storm.

That is just sad.

Barkley

Bench
There are no winners here. The only positive would be the Donkeys beating Storm and then losing another GF...that would be glorious viewing.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Brisbane have had their eyes on this game since they lost to the Roosters in week 1. With Boyd and TPJ back, anything could happen

This.
Also the storm didn't set the world on fire last time they played. They just got us last time we played there. Our defence has been sorted out now just need some improvement in attack and we're a red hot chance.
Go the mighty Broncos

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
There is some serious clutching at straws here by broncos fans.

Melbourne were underwhelming but still put away parra. The broncos have had one poor and one ok game this finals series. Seems like ages since they put in a convincing performance.

A whole lot of things would have to go brisbanes way for them to get close to Melbourne on Friday.

Maybe just step aside gracefully and leave it to your big brothers from the north to sort out your cousins from the south.

Danoz Direct

Juniors
There is some serious clutching at straws here by broncos fans.

Melbourne were underwhelming but still put away parra. The broncos have had one poor and one ok game this finals series. Seems like ages since they put in a convincing performance.

A whole lot of things would have to go brisbanes way for them to get close to Melbourne on Friday.

Maybe just step aside gracefully and leave it to your big brothers from the north to sort out your cousins from the south.

They will be a much better side with Pangai Junior and Boyd back.

Haha, I'd forgotten how Salty LU could get.

I'm hopeful the boys can get up but I don't see it happening. It would require a very off game by Melbourne and with this being Cronks last game with the team, combined with last years GF loss......they'll be primed.

Danoz Direct

Juniors
Haha, I'd forgotten how Salty LU could get.

I'm hopeful the boys can get up but I don't see it happening. It would require a very off game by Melbourne and with this being Cronks last game with the team, combined with last years GF loss......they'll be primed.

But also all the pressure will be on them, there is a chance some players aren't at their best.

moffla

Bench
It would require a very off game by Melbourne and with this being Cronks last game with the team, combined with last years GF loss......they'll be primed.
Had we won last years GF, i reckon I'd be chalking down a Broncos win. But that loss has made us go to another level.
Of course, its a game where anything can happen but without sounding bias this storm side one of the best sides in the last 20 years. Means little without the title though

pantherz9103

First Grade
Melbourne have come too far and won too many games in 2017 (21 out of 25) to throw it away in a prelim final at home. Screw the Broncos.

GongPanther

Referee
Last two PF at Storm Park.

2016 won by 2 points V Radiers

2015 absolutely hammered by Cows 32-12.

Broncos will be specials.MILF,Roberts and co to tear the Storm a new 'un.

The_Shield

Juniors
Just remember everyone, no one beats the Broncos better then the Storm. Expect Melbourne to just dominate the forward battle and have to much speed and class out wide

beave

Coach
Isn't this only the second time?

And last time did not go well. Or went roughly as most of our matches against the storm go.

Nah mate there was the one in 04 that led to the Tvl semi.

The Ashton Sims spilled ball heartbreak

One at Etihad stadium (09)

There might be more

Latest posts