What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R22 Sun - Sea Eagles 36-18 Roosters @ Lottoland

Round 22: Sea Eagles v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Wait... what?

Amid the carnage of Manly's huge 40-6 loss to the Storm at AAMI Park last week was a concerning foot injury to electric centre Dylan Walker but despite sporting a moon boot at a Manly media session on Tuesday, Walker says he is good to go.

The 22-year-old has had a resurgent season for the Sea Eagles back at his preferred right centre position but was forced from the field in the 58th minute against the Storm last week.

Walker insisted it was just bruising from being stepped on during the match and was in no doubt to face the Roosters back at Lottoland this Sunday.

"I got stood on during the week in last Sunday's game and it was a bit sore to run on so they had to make a call pretty quickly [whether to leave me on or take me off]," Walker said.

"It's just bone bruising, I got the scans done [on Monday] and it was just swelling and bruising. I was pretty embarrassed coming off like that but it will be all right."

Walker praised the medical and coaching staff's quick decision making and focus on player welfare despite his disappointment at not finishing the game, adding he was relieved to learn later that any initial fears of a stress fracture had been allayed.

"Yeah that (a stress fracture) is what I didn't want to have. It's pretty good from the medical staff and coaching staff to pull me off and see I was in a bit of pain," Walker added. "I should be all right [to play on Sunday]."

Walker has been named at centre for the 2pm fixture in a line-up that sports few changes from the Storm loss; Shaun Lane has been named to start in the back row for Lewis Brown who is on the bench alongside Brad Parker and Lloyd Perret, who replace suspended prop Addin Fonua-Blake and utility Cam Cullen.

https://www.nrl.com/walker-laughs-o...injury/tabid/10874/newsid/110598/default.aspx

Fonua Blake is out though. 1 week, grade 2. Taken early.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hearing whispers Cordner may be a late inclusion, anyone else heard/hearing the same?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Any Roosters fan who knows anything about the clubs history knows that this match will be a coin flip.

I'm simply never confident against Manly, especially at Brookvale. Even during the miracle year of 2013 where we beat them 4 times they were 4 incredibly close matches.

We have the form line but Manly will surely be desperate.

I will say that with the Storm in Melbourne the following week this match is also crucial to us so we should be up for it.

Manly by 2.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Barrett to name two light weights on the bench again..why the hell wouldn't he give Paseka or Tanginoa a go.. Blake been suspended, so we lose size of the bench, Lewis & Parker most likely to be named LMFAO..

Cogburn

Juniors
Any Roosters fan who knows anything about the clubs history knows that this match will be a coin flip.

I'm simply never confident against Manly, especially at Brookvale. Even during the miracle year of 2013 where we beat them 4 times they were 4 incredibly close matches.

We have the form line but Manly will surely be desperate.

I will say that with the Storm in Melbourne the following week this match is also crucial to us so we should be up for it.

Manly by 2.
Anyone who knows Roosters history should know the last time we played Manly at Brookvale we won 48-10, I'm expecting a big win on Sunday.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anyone who knows Roosters history should know the last time we played Manly at Brookvale we won 48-10, I'm expecting a big win on Sunday.
Lol Coggie you're always expecting a big win.

You probably expected a big win when we played them at the SFS earlier this year.

How did that turn out?

Cogburn

Juniors
Lol Coggie you're always expecting a big win.

You probably expected a big win when we played them at the SFS earlier this year.

How did that turn out?
Yes I did expect a big win last time and we should've beaten them easily. Manly have been overrated all year and if we have thoughts on winning the premiership then these are the type of games we have to win. Considering how tight the top 4 is atm, to lose this knowing that we play Melbourne next week would be disastrous. I've noticed that you often tip against us and that's your right but as a Roosters fan it's not a good look. Easts to win on Sunday and by plenty, how's that sit with you?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol that sits fine with me.

If your tips were accurate we'd be defending Premiers 20 years running and on a 350 game winning streak.

I always tip with my head, not my heart. And if I think it's 50/50 I'll back against us in an attempt at some sort of voodoo reverse psychology.

This is a real line in the sand game for Manly who not long ago flogged the Sharks who always flog us. They're a good side despite the bizarre past two weeks so it'll be a tough game. So just like in rnd 5 you'll be in for another shock when we don't beat them by 30.

Cogburn

Juniors
If we beat them by 1 I'll be happy, but I hope it's 30. Supporting this club is in my blood, I've been supporting them since 1966 so I think I've earned the right to blindly follow my team.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If we beat them by 1 I'll be happy, but I hope it's 30. Supporting this club is in my blood, I've been supporting them since 1966 so I think I've earned the right to blindly follow my team.
I haven't suggested otherwise Coggy. You seem to have inferred that yourself.

I've seen you around the forums long enough to know that you're one of our longest serving and most passionate fans.

More power to you for that. The club wouldn't exist without its long term fans.

But just as you have the right to tip us every week I have the right to go with my head and/or superstitiously tip against us every now and again :D

matrightyeh

Juniors
manly buy 4
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif