What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R8 ANZAC Day - Roosters 13-12* Dragons @ Allianz

Round 8: Roosters v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100% wrong ... but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

from twitter ...

img_20170425_175121-jpg.12804

Obviously the wrong call but not the only wrong call in the game.
4ebb05e11982a416a531d2b32644df55_kermit-drinking-tea-meme-meme-bitter_600-337.jpeg

Cogburn

Juniors
I'm laughing at the way the Illawarra socks fans are going on about Widdop. The Roosters would've still won if Widdop had stayed on. Trying to call Widdop their messiah is almost as funny as the socks fans pretending that they've won more than one premiership. The better team won yesterday.

OzDragon

Coach
I'm laughing at the way the Illawarra socks fans are going on about Widdop. The Roosters would've still won if Widdop had stayed on. Trying to call Widdop their messiah is almost as funny as the socks fans pretending that they've won more than one premiership. The better team won yesterday.

I don't know what petty grudge you have against (ex) Steeler fans, nor do i care, but when Widdop was on the field, Dragons were on top, although admittedly there isn't much difference between the two sides. The better team won yesterday, but only because our back line got well and truly farked in the second half.

#16trophiesandcounting

horrie hastings

First Grade
His first in 19 attempts
Apparently he kicked one in 2011 (but none of us can bloody well remember it)

The one he kicked in 2011 was against the Gold Coast and the Gold Coast won 24-13 lol.
He also kicked one against the Tigers in 2008 and against Cronulla in 2009 the Roosters won both those matches.

Cogburn

Juniors
I don't know what petty grudge you have against (ex) Steeler fans, nor do i care, but when Widdop was on the field, Dragons were on top, although admittedly there isn't much difference between the two sides. The better team won yesterday, but only because our back line got well and truly farked in the second half.

#16trophiesandcounting
Whinge whinge, so players go off injured, big deal, deal with it. The Roosters were missing a few regulars yesterday as well. What you are admitting to is that the socks are a one man team. You had the refs in your pocket yesterday, without them influencing things we win by 10.

Cockosh

Juniors
100% wrong ... but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

from twitter ...

img_20170425_175121-jpg.12804

Obviously the wrong call but not the only wrong call in the game.
No way in the world did Liu or anyone impede Packer. Liu is clearly to the right behind the play the ball and doesn't budge when packer runs at him. If anything saints could've got pinged for not being square at marker. Let's not get started about the forward pass on Fergos try. To be fair I thought the knock on call against nightingale was a 50/50

OzDragon

Coach
Whinge whinge, so players go off injured, big deal, deal with it. The Roosters were missing a few regulars yesterday as well. What you are admitting to is that the socks are a one man team. You had the refs in your pocket yesterday, without them influencing things we win by 10.
You mean Matterson (laughable) and Aubusson?

Gee I'm surprised you lot even turned up. However were you gonna win without those 2 superstars in the lineup??

I see you didn't mention the penalty count (9 - 5 FYI). Yep, must've had the refs in our pocket. Debelin got a cheap shot from behind after the play, didn't mention that.

And what is it with your fascination with socks? Are you a male adolescent?

Hutty1986

Immortal
You mean Matterson (laughable) and Aubusson?

Gee I'm surprised you lot even turned up. However were you gonna win without those 2 superstars in the lineup??

I see you didn't mention the penalty count (9 - 5 FYI). Yep, must've had the refs in our pocket. Debelin got a cheap shot from behind after the play, didn't mention that.

And what is it with your fascination with socks? Are you a male adolescent?
I honestly think the poor bastard has about 3 brain cells. Check out his work in the 2010 GF thread, it will make your month...under Rooster Cogburn.. though it is just a brilliant read overall.

Cockosh

Juniors
I see you didn't mention the penalty count (9 - 5 FYI). Yep, must've had the refs in our pocket. Debelin got a cheap shot from behind after the play, didn't mention that.?
Well it was only our 2nd penalty count win against the dragons in the last 18 games so probably worth a mention

ed-grimley

Bench
The last one he kicked was back in 2011 against the Titans and the Roosters lost. He also kicked 1 each in 2008 and 2009 , not going to check whether the chooks won or lost those but that is 4 in total now.
It's a cunning plan. He has deliberately not kicked a FG for 6 years so no one would expect it. He fooled the Dragons and probably his own coach as well.

Cogburn

Juniors
These socks supporters are as clueless as they are false premiership contenders. The loss yesterday was the start of their slide to predictable mediocrity, they have been playing above themselves and winning games through the opposition taking them easy, we were at about 70% yesterday and we still beat the flogs. I love their claim that they have 16 premierships. They are the only joint venture club that tries and claim the glory of a now defunct team. They had the refs in their pocket in 2010 as well. Pretenders.

This Year?

Immortal
These socks supporters are as clueless as they are false premiership contenders. The loss yesterday was the start of their slide to predictable mediocrity, they have been playing above themselves and winning games through the opposition taking them easy, we were at about 70% yesterday and we still beat the flogs. I love their claim that they have 16 premierships. They are the only joint venture club that tries and claim the glory of a now defunct team. They had the refs in their pocket in 2010 as well. Pretenders.

I love a gracious winner.

Lambretta

First Grade

At the game I was genuinely perplexed at a few of the penalties the Roosters were awarded in that second half

I watched the game on replay last night and I think most of them were justified however. There were a couple which I still have no idea what it was for. I think they were for tackling a player legally and then getting off him within a reasonable time-frame.

It's a penalty we get hit with often. Maybe the referee got confused as to which way we were running?

On the first half, I could almost agree with Cogburn, but there's no way known you could claim the same after watching the second half. Maybe he fell asleep at half time?

adamkungl

Immortal
First half was a stitch up. Dragons receiving a penalty after grounding the ball ingoal was a personal highlight.

You could say that unlucky injuries evened the field a bit.

Bounce of the ball and all that, referees and injuries are much like a steeden when you think about it.

Hutty1986

Immortal

This is almost sig-worthy, just for the laughs.