What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC FINAL - AUS 6-0 ENG @ Brisbane

Result: 2017 RLWC Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed-grimley

Bench
Seriously what is it with you guys blaming refs. The Aussie refs are the best refs in the world. They are not bias. There is no conspiracy where they give Australia more calls. Can't you just accept that Australia are the better team. Like you guys are better are soccer and union.
They seem biased at times.

Vee

First Grade
You need to find a half that can create something and can take on the line
And kick. I played Zgrade RL back in the day and I could have offered more than Gale and Brown in their kicks.
Seriously what is it with you guys blaming refs. The Aussie refs are the best refs in the world. They are not bias. There is no conspiracy where they give Australia more calls. Can't you just accept that Australia are the better team. Like you guys are better are soccer and union.
Crucial calls cost England badly in the 46th and 60th minutes. The 50-50 calls usually go against the underdog.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Anyone hear from Gale as to why kicked the ball away on the 2nd tackle and with 90 seconds to go?

Now that I typed that question above, I wouldnt be surprised if Gale was being paid to help England lose.

Reactions: Vee

deal.with.it

Juniors
I was at the game tonight, and an aussie too, but geez that was poor but typical refereeing by sutton.
Not only does "cam" call him "gerry" but f**k me so many "leg up" penalties given when aus are bringing the ball out of their own half. England work hard to get good field position and they get a penalty when australia do their typical boring/unethical ploys to slow the ruck down on their own line. They don't care about giving away penalties down there, just gives them time to reset goal line defense. Over and over, just like nrl, and never a warning - let alone a sin binning.

T-Boon

Coach
Nothing but cliches.

Exactly...With that typical, slight, long term NRL player grunting pronunciation. He is going to make the same speech at the conclusion of the Save Cam Smith Campaign charity game.
The Jillaroos captain spoke like an actual person. Her speech almost made me cry. You could sense the non NRL'ness dripping off of her.
Man the NRL produces dead shits.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Led the tackle count and the metres gained for all Australian running forwards.

Godner.:D

I think he led the tackle count because thats where he stands in the defensive line. They just ran in his area a fair bit. It is not like he made open field tackles or made plays in defence or anything. I can't remember him making a single play except the try when he ran at the half back in typical "courageous" edge forward fashion.

kit66

Bench

It doesn't matter if they're the best in the world or not ( and who's to say anyway ), in internationals you have a neutral ref, that's fair and rules out any bias, perceived or otherwise. It was a bit rich watching the Aussie ref yell at an English player when he questioned a decision but stop play and give a lengthy explanation when an Aussie player did the same a bit later ( neither were captains ).

Despite any bad calls though, England could have won if their halves were any good at all. Their 6 did absolutely nothing in attack and their 7's only real contribution was some very impressive downfield kicks. Their forwards were mighty in defeat.

Vee

First Grade
Exactly...With that typical, slight, long term NRL player grunting pronunciation. He is going to make the same speech at the conclusion of the Save Cam Smith Campaign charity game.
The Jillaroos captain spoke like an actual person. Her speech almost made me cry. You could sense the non NRL'ness dripping off of her.
Man the NRL produces dead shits.
I've seen a few Jillaroos and they all present and speak well. A lot of lookers amongst them, some with faces only their fathers would call beautiful. nein and f*x would do well to hire a few of them instead of half the men they employ.

beave

Coach
It doesn't matter if they're the best in the world or not ( and who's to say anyway ), in internationals you have a neutral ref, that's fair and rules out any bias, perceived or otherwise. It was a bit rich watching the Aussie ref yell at an English player when he questioned a decision but stop play and give a lengthy explanation when an Aussie player did the same a bit later ( neither were captains ).

Despite any bad calls though, England could have won if their halves were any good at all. Their 6 did absolutely nothing in attack and their 7's only real contribution was some very impressive downfield kicks. Their forwards were mighty in defeat.

So who are these nuetral refs you speak of?

LeedsRhinos

Juniors

I never said the refs were the reason England lost, i'm just saying it would be better for the game if the referee was from a different country.

Just like in the Ashes thread when someone suggested English and Australian umpires should be allowed if they were the best i disagreed and said i want to keep neutral umpires even if they're not the best, i think it's important that all sports have neutral refs so that that any bad decision is viewed as purely as a bad decision not some form of corruption or bias.

Imagine if the Tonga vs England ref was English like he could of easily been under the way rugby league operates, it's just another reason it's a minority sport outside of Australia no major sport operates like this.

T-Boon

Coach
I've seen a few Jillaroos and they all present and speak well. A lot of lookers amongst them, some with faces only their fathers would call beautiful. nein and f*x would do well to hire a few of them instead of half the men they employ.

That Khaleesi blonde on the seven coverage needs to be making a lot of money commentating.