What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC FINAL - AUS 6-0 ENG @ Brisbane

Result: 2017 RLWC Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let a neutral ref a game before you pass judgement!!!...the best test ever reffed was by Richard silverwood,a pom, in a Anzac test 5-6 years ago...he blew for 3 penalties all the game,he let the game flow,not silly penalties,no evening up the counts.

I've said for weeks it's a massive conspiracy...we have driven for neutral refs for years...Australia wants the best ref available as long as he's a Aussie!!...and he doesn't see forward passes!

Australia scored off a forward pass and never got close after that...we bombed at least 5 tries...Australia was lucky as f**k!
The ref was impartial today. I was not expecting that. It was well into the first half when I realized I could not predict which was a penalty was going to go on the basis of the tackle count, but on the play. That is incredibly refreshing and to my mind makes Australia's deserved victory all the better.

No complaints here and the Poms around me were had also feared the worst.
Australia are a great team and deserved to win. A superb game of rugby in which the difference was mistakes from the England team and a lack of edge on the Australian line, combined with commitment from the Aussies.
Thanks for a great world cup!
Contrast. It's good to see there are poms with a fair mind as opposed to the usual ignorant, bias, bigoted, lying, backward sooks we have to put up with.

DC_fan

Coach
Let a neutral ref a game before you pass judgement!!!...the best test ever reffed was by Richard silverwood,a pom, in a Anzac test 5-6 years ago...he blew for 3 penalties all the game,he let the game flow,not silly penalties,no evening up the counts.

I've said for weeks it's a massive conspiracy...we have driven for neutral refs for years...Australia wants the best ref available as long as he's a Aussie!!...and he doesn't see forward passes!

Australia scored off a forward pass and never got close after that...we bombed at least 5 tries...Australia was lucky as f**k!

Conspiracy. There is that word again.

Vee

First Grade
I thought there were two crucial decisions Sutton got wrong with others going both ways but generally in favour of Oz as it often does when one side is the underdog.

From memory and FOP as I was at the time, in the 46th min, Chambers should have been penalised for being all over Widdop in a tackle, instead Widdop was ruled to have knocked on. This was on the 5th tackle and would have given England another set at the Aussies starting on the 20m line.

Then in the 60th min, Woods was not straight at marker as England were bringing it out of their red zone and England lost it again when Sharon should have been penalised. I know players are not straight almost every time (why is this so hard for refs to police?) but this was particularly glaring and the advantage should have been given to the non-offending side.

kit66

Bench
So who are these nuetral refs you speak of?

Do you really need an explanation or were you hoping for a list of specific candidates ? You get neither.

If Rugby League aspires to be a World Game then it needs start behaving like one and use Neutral Referees the same as Soccer, Union, Cricket etc. instead of letting Australia call all the shots.
And anyone who thinks Aussie refs are the best might like to explain why they need 2 on the field and why they make so many bad calls, every week and in nearly every game and even when the calls are dissected for 10 minutes by a video ref, still get it wrong. I watched this years Club Challenge games in the UK, lovely to watch, one ref, mostly free flowing, minimum errors, minimum controversy.

Any Tongans in tonight ?

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
Like the scorpion and the frog, Pommies whinge because it's in their nature.
:joy: You Aussies never fail to make me chuckle .
Easy not to whinge when you win pal.
Take a look at all the blow ups with Nrl coaches when there team gets bad calls .
Shane Flanagan this year , whinge of the century

Vee

First Grade
:joy: You Aussies never fail to make me chuckle .
Easy not to whinge when you win pal.
Take a look at all the blow ups with Nrl coaches when there team gets bad calls .
Shane Flanagan this year , whinge of the century
Absolutely agree, NRL coaches are a disgraceful at times, but that doesn't make it right for the Poms to carry on, it just make them as wrong as the NRL coaches are.

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
Absolutely agree, NRL coaches are a disgraceful at times, but that doesn't make it right for the Poms to carry on, it just make them as wrong as the NRL coaches are.
Fair call
Just pointing out that it's easy when you win but human nature to have a whinge when you lose and not just a Pom thing .
Anyway off for a walk round Brisbane and sweat some more in the humidity , not that I am moaning !

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
One thing to come out of last night's match....

Widderp should wash his hair more than once a month. He looked like a greasy homeless bum that just crawled out from under a train bridge in Oldham.

Vee

First Grade
Just pointing out that it's easy when you win but human nature to have a whinge when you lose and not just a Pom thing .
Agree. I'm generally against anyone who whinges about the refs. Unless you were so good that only the ref prevented you winning, look at your own efforts. Refs make errors like players drop the ball and miss tackles, unless the ref was worse than the team was, put the blame where it lies.

And I stress this is not a shot at England or their supporters, it's a shot at just about every team that whinges about the ref.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
f**king 6 nil,

Barely a win.

Shame on the Aussies, should have put 30 on them.

To be fair they finally picked their best team.

RoosTah

Juniors

You're kidding yourself mate - replays showed that ball was flat at worst. Your players just misread it. Oh and Australia also bombed a further 3 tries during the game - one of which was taken off them by a pommy video ref that gave a BS obstruction call.

As for being "lucky as f**k" - Tonga said the same thing and with more cause having bombed 3 tries against you lot last week and their fans were claiming "ref conspiracy". Bet you didn't see that game that way though...

End of the day, England brought a lot to this game, but let themselves down with far too many errors. You don't get to claim you were robbed when you only achieve 71% completion and don't score a single point in 80 mins.

Reactions: Vee

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
6 f**king nil.

Not good enough.

Only one player would make our team. Sam Burgess, maybe the winger.

Only 6-0.

Much disappointment.

beave

Coach
Do you really need an explanation or were you hoping for a list of specific candidates ? You get neither.

If Rugby League aspires to be a World Game then it needs start behaving like one and use Neutral Referees the same as Soccer, Union, Cricket etc. instead of letting Australia call all the shots.
And anyone who thinks Aussie refs are the best might like to explain why they need 2 on the field and why they make so many bad calls, every week and in nearly every game and even when the calls are dissected for 10 minutes by a video ref, still get it wrong. I watched this years Club Challenge games in the UK, lovely to watch, one ref, mostly free flowing, minimum errors, minimum controversy.

Any Tongans in tonight ?

Right, so we both have nothing.

Cheers for your contribution to this thread.

carcharias

Immortal
the poms never looked like scoring really.
Even when they made a break you could just tell they’d blow it.
The Aussies on the other hand always looked in control.
That disallowed try was 50/50
The try would’ve been scored regardless of when he passed the ball.

The poms looked pretty clueless in the last 20 minutes
Dropping the ball
Ridiculous kicks
f**ked passes
They didn’t deserve to score a point let alone win.
They should be happy with losing by so little.

Rhino in Oz

Juniors
the poms never looked like scoring really.
Even when they made a break you could just tell they’d blow it.
The Aussies on the other hand always looked in control.
That disallowed try was 50/50
The try would’ve been scored regardless of when he passed the ball.

The poms looked pretty clueless in the last 20 minutes
Dropping the ball
Ridiculous kicks
f**ked passes
They didn’t deserve to score a point let alone win.
They should be happy with losing by so little.[/QUOT

Latest posts