What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF2 - NZL 2-4 FIJ @ Wellington

QF Result: NZL v FIJ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
Congrats to Fiji but the more interesting thing than NZ losing to tiny islands 2 weeks in a row is the tryless game! 20 years of watching the sport and I've never seen one.
What a weird, messy, gripping and fascinating game that was.
I played in a 0-0 grand final
17 years old
Extra time

Joint premiership was awarded.

I'd like to hear @Bobby DIGital have his say on this..

Well, I admit that I became too emotionally invested in this situation after the defections. I'm a proud NZer and I became angry, defiant and combative when the general consensus was that we were going to lose to tier 2 nations. My patriotism kicked in and overpowered my RL sense. I now realize I should have stuck to my original opinion in regards to Kidwell/Blair being detrimental to our success.

I can only hope that somehow we rise from the ashes, although I will never expect that with any great confidence.

I shall never stop supporting the black n white though. Kiwi from the womb to the tomb.