What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 World Cup Thread

Snoochies

First Grade
I've enjoyed the refs but that was the blunder of all blunders. I can understand thinking knock on but in the circumstance it was in, you HAD to check it. It was never 100% certain. I'm a tad angry.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
John hopoate is paying a $1.01 i reckon to walk into the refs room after the game after that decision.

I put the cricket back on at 20-0 with 10 to go turned it back on when lolohea scored must have been a cracking a final 10 mins

strider

Post Whore
That was 1000% the correct decision by chechin ... i cannot belive the bagging he is getting ... we hang shit on refs for not making decisions but then he does and he still cops shit

No way it was a strip - he grabbed his arm and it popped out

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
That was 1000% the correct decision by chechin ... i cannot belive the bagging he is getting ... we hang shit on refs for not making decisions but then he does and he still cops shit

I don't really know about that one, I could be swayed either way, but I did think the pass that was intercepted by England was forward. And then Fifita's play the ball after the mistake was a dog's breakfast.

Kornstar

Coach

It was probably the right call but he should have checked it.

I’m also not in the “referees should make calls and stand by them” crowd. We have the technology we should use it as much as possible to get the correct calls.

Suitman

Post Whore

That may very well be the case and you may very well be right. I've only seen a few quick replays of it.
But for such a crucial decision, Checchin should have at least sent it upstairs for a look.

Probably the gutsiest call I have ever seen a referee make. It was also the correct call.

It was definitely a tackle being made and not an attempt for the ball, and Fifita had a loose carry as he was swinging his arms for power in his movements.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
right call for mine, Tonga unlucky but really had enough chances towards the end but fluffed it

Gazzamatta

Coach
Great call. Also gets Jenko, Terepo and Manu home a week earlier without further risk of injury.
So Evans is the only Eels WC player injured. Although if Hayne returns he also looks to be carrying a shoulder injury. Looked heavily strapped in the sheds. No doubt a great excuse to take it easy at training.
While on that. Would anyone seriously consider Hayne based on his WC performances? I was really impressed (not) with his energy to cover line breaks. Head was usually down. Looks like his petulance continues to be his strong suit.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've enjoyed the refs but that was the blunder of all blunders. I can understand thinking knock on but in the circumstance it was in, you HAD to check it. It was never 100% certain. I'm a tad angry.

100% knock on every day of week. Sure defender played at his arm but it was a lose carry by Fafita.
Tonga didnt deserve to be in game. England cruised. Will give Aussies a better game then Tonga.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He always was a low involvement player. He'll do fine in the outside backs.
Do you reckon he will be happy to play centre or wing Poo? I reckon he will sook and sulk like he did at the Tits until Henry realised who was really running the show.
No matter which direction I look at The Chosen Ones homecoming I can only see one outcome. Tears.
BA V Hayne will be BA V Sandow 2.0.