What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Draft and Offseason

shiznit

Coach
DeAndre looks to be heading to Dallas....again. 1yr/24m

I’m so glad he didn’t go to the Warriors, there would be no point playing next season if he did.
Yeah, could you imagine that... SMH

They still could end up with Dwight Howard who would be a nice fit...

shiznit

Coach
Now all we need is for Lebron to sign to the Spurs... the Meltdown from Lakers fans would be all time funny... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
OKC’s luxury tax situation is f**king crazy...

Im hearing OKC will waive and stretch Melo which will end up saving them $80M.

Rod

Bench
I've been looking at OKC's salaries this morning and wow it is even a little bit worse than I thought. If they manage to waive Melo, that stems some of the bleeding yes, but then with this new PG contract they can't even rely on Melo being gone in 2020 to free up any money.

Between Russ, PG, Adams and Roberson, they're already at the projected 2020 salary cap (~$108m). Gonna make it very hard to sign anyone of note at that point.

Unless they're happy with this team for the next 3 years, my prediction is Adams is the one getting traded.

edabomb

First Grade
I've been looking at OKC's salaries this morning and wow it is even a little bit worse than I thought. If they manage to waive Melo, that stems some of the bleeding yes, but then with this new PG contract they can't even rely on Melo being gone in 2020 to free up any money.

Between Russ, PG, Adams and Roberson, they're already at the projected 2020 salary cap (~$108m). Gonna make it very hard to sign anyone of note at that point.

Unless they're happy with this team for the next 3 years, my prediction is Adams is the one getting traded.

Yeah it seems to me they would be better taking the Anthony hit in this one year. But being a small market team they have always been very conservative with the luxury tax bill - so I expect them to stretch him.

If the Lakers continue to strike out and can't land Kawhi within the next couple weeks I wonder if LeBron just re-signs at the Cavs for 1 year and we do this all again next year?

shiznit

Coach

I think the cap for 20-21 is looking like 116M.

I do agree that Adams would be the guy to go...

I DO think they are happy to have a core of Russ, PG & Adams locked in for a longtime.

Barkley

Bench
This is a bit of a puzzling move from Lebron he must be banking on Kawhi heading there as well.
If they can't land Kawhi I would expect them to still make the playoffs but they wont go deep.

Interesting times ahead.

Rod

Bench
I think the cap for 20-21 is looking like 116M.

I do agree that Adams would be the guy to go...

I DO think they are happy to have a core of Russ, PG & Adams locked in for a longtime.

I was talking about 19-20. You're right, it's projected for $116m in 20-21.

That LeBron news came quickly. I'm still surprised he went even though it was supposedly a given.

edabomb

First Grade
Hoping Kawhi joins him this season as it will give us a competitive league, albeit extremely top heavy.

shiznit

Coach
One thing I’d caution if I was a Lakers fan is the length of the deal...

People are celebrating because he committed to them long term unlike his stint in Miami and his 2nd stint with the Cavs.

I’d like to see the breakdown of the contract... what is he slated to earn in year 3 & 4 of that deal... remembering he turns 34 in december.

They could end up paying 40M+ a season for a 36-37yr old at the back end of that deal...

They don’t wanna be going through a repeat of Kobe’s final years all over again...

shiznit

Coach

Now that should be interesting... :joy::joy:

AfvfNrDGiHAxUFc2Jga2gYDBnFBmEKEBMUZA_hGnAlw45wVM4tNscDwKtrRuE73kDA0mOWPj5YGop3PaARiXevwWn65IlIltKgG65Ro=w500-h281-nc

Barkley

Bench
Haha that is brilliant, you couldn't write this shit. I wonder if the Lakers consulted Lebron before signing Lance?

Latest posts