What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The games are still four weeks away. I am sure the NRL has a strategy in place for advertising.
Exactly. The bulk of people make the decision to attend usually in the 7-14 days prior to the event. They've already sold a solid amount of tickets, it'll be fine.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think that’s very optimistic for Perth! Hope I’m wrong but I’d be surprised if it’s not 30-35k, not seen any general media advertising for it yet.

Yeah I had no idea for Perth. I guess I was hoping for the new stadium buzz but I guess the 2 cricket games jumping in may have stolen that

T-Boon

Coach
What sort of a crowd will 'A Night with Cam and JT' get. Fox has started the advertisements from what i can see in the last few days. The game is all about getting Queenslanders to sign up for fox but I guess it will still get 30k.

Emu01

Juniors
Let’s do this. Assuming decent weather

Round 1.
Dragons vs Broncos: 15,200
Knights vs Manly: 16,500
Cowboys vs Sharks: 13,800
Tigers vs Roosters: 15,900
Souths vs Warriors/ Bulldogs vs Storm: 45,000
Panthers vs Eels: 15,500
Titans vs Raiders: 8,700

Avg: 16,325

I reckon Knights will crack 20k against Manly. Saints are expecting close to a full house for the season opener I have been told.. Tigers v Roosters could drag in more now the new cheaper tickets at ANZ. .18k maybe 20k if weather is good.. Titans will get more than 8k I will say 15k.

Saint Doc

Coach
I reckon Knights will crack 20k against Manly. Saints are expecting close to a full house for the season opener I have been told.. Tigers v Roosters could drag in more now the new cheaper tickets at ANZ. .18k maybe 20k if weather is good.. Titans will get more than 8k I will say 15k.

15k is close to a full house at Kogarah these days.
Knights you are probably right. It’s 6pm game but Newcastle is probably the one place that shouldn’t be affected.
Tigers Roosters has potential for disappointment written all over it.
Titans again you’re probably right, they actually averaged 13k last year, I thought they’d have been lower. Raiders aren’t a big draw and it will likely be hot. I’ll revise it to 12k but astounded if they got 15.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Headed up to the Gong for the game tonight. Heaps of Poms around in Wigan and Hull jerseys. Great to see. I doubt wed have such a great set of traveling fans if it was 2 NRL clubs in the UK. Who knows how many locals will come. Fingers crossed a lot

Perth Red

Post Whore
The games are still four weeks away. I am sure the NRL has a strategy in place for advertising.

Hopefully, clubs have been pretty avg in last couple of years promoting games here but being a bigger nrl event hopefully they are involved this time. Don’t know about most but my weekends are usually locked in 2-3 weeks in advance so would need people to be thinking about it now.

Confident to predict 30k which will be the biggest crowd for a game of RL in the West ever. will be over the moon if we pull 45k

beave

Coach
Does Wigan always wear such a dark red jersey??? I always thought they were more of a dragons red, that thing looks almost maroon and white.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I’m hoping there’s a strategy for Perth, at the moment most seats available are behind the posts and until the other day the only seats available on the sides were the platinum areas for $250.
The upper tier hasn’t been put on sale yet, looking at the stadium I would guess that would hold 20k. If that doesn’t get opened we won’t get 30k

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does Wigan always wear such a dark red jersey??? I always thought they were more of a dragons red, that thing looks almost maroon and white.

Funny how people will turn ot to watch some college kids playing a foreign sport but not for a game of RL between two professional clubs with a century of history. There must be heaps to do in Wollongong on a Saturday night.

jim_57

Staff member
Funny how people will turn ot to watch some college kids playing a foreign sport but not for a game of RL between two professional clubs with a century of history. There must be heaps to do in Wollongong on a Saturday night.

Meh, there is always a strong sheep factor with some events. College football is the stuff from movies, SL is constantly downtrodden as NSW Cup standard in local media. Perceptions are a hell of a thing.

beave

Coach

Cool, so they always wear dark red.

Cheers.............

Latest posts