What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
Cool, so they always wear dark red.

Cheers.............

I think they're "Cherry & White" mate. So yeh, slightly darker than the normal red if my shit colour knowledge is to be trusted.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
12,416 at WIN tonight.

3k up in Theodore for Broncos v Capras (a town of 450 people, mind you).

beave

Coach
I think they're "Cherry & White" mate. So yeh, slightly darker than the normal red if my shit colour knowledge is to be trusted.

Yeah i remember them having the cherry tag to their red, I just don’t remember it being that dark over the few times I’ve seen them play, which isn’t a hell of a lot each year but a few games here and there.

images

jim_57

Staff member
Yeah i remember them having the cherry tag to their red, I just don’t remember it being that dark over the few times I’ve seen them play, which isn’t a hell of a lot each year but a few games here and there.

images

Maybe they have tinkered with it and went to a lighter red ppreviously judging by that photo. Just weird seeing Matty in anything other than Cowboys colours to be honest :p.

Teddyboy

First Grade

images
f**king hate modern Rugby tops bring back the Noweb Wigan tops with the v-necks.

footy75

Bench
Let’s do this. Assuming decent weather

Round 1.
Dragons vs Broncos: 15,200
Knights vs Manly: 16,500
Cowboys vs Sharks: 13,800
Tigers vs Roosters: 15,900
Souths vs Warriors/ Bulldogs vs Storm: 45,000
Panthers vs Eels: 15,500
Titans vs Raiders: 8,700

Avg: 16,325

Yeah that looks about right.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Knights CEO said we are on track for a sell out in round 1 a little while ago, (although tickets weren’t on sale)

Knights will have around 18-20k ticketed members this season.

There is more hype this year than for Bennett’s first game, from memory that game was around 26k.

Manly are our biggest rivals.

I’d say knights v manly will be 25k +

Perth Red

Post Whore
Post 19 and eeyore strikes

35k for agame of nrl in Perth is being extremely optimistic! It’s hard to predict what factor the new stadium appeal will boost the crowd by. I’ll be extremely happy if my 30-35k turns out to have been pessimistic lol

Billythekid

First Grade
41,975 attended the Women's AFL match in Perth last night.

Will ANY NRL premiership match beat that crowd in 2018?

I'm assuming this is a troll post. Firstly the women's match was essentially free (PR said it cost $2 including transport, that might as well be free). The obvious answer to your question is yes. We might even come close to getting one that big in Perth first round.

Billythekid

First Grade
Knights CEO said we are on track for a sell out in round 1 a little while ago, (although tickets weren’t on sale)

There is more hype this year than for Bennett’s first game, from memory that game was around 26k.

It has been a long time since I've felt this much excitement for the club. Absolutely crazy when you consider what has happened over the last few years.

How many NRL teams could be talking about a 25K+ crowd opening round after 3 straight wooden spoons? More to the point how many NRL clubs have ever drawn that big of a crowd against an out of town team?

Newcastle and more specifically the knights really are one of leagues greatest assets. It would be awesome to see the area given more attention (and more opportunities on FTA).

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I reckon we will sell out, even with the shitty time.

And a win ill probably see us fill u the next few games too ;)

Raiderdave

First Grade
It has been a long time since I've felt this much excitement for the club. Absolutely crazy when you consider what has happened over the last few years.

How many NRL teams could be talking about a 25K+ crowd opening round after 3 straight wooden spoons? More to the point how many NRL clubs have ever drawn that big of a crowd against an out of town team?

Newcastle and more specifically the knights really are one of leagues greatest assets. It would be awesome to see the area given more attention (and more opportunities on FTA).
I'm guessing you mean Sydney NRL teams for 25k crowds against out of town teams, because the 8 non Sydney teams have all done it, plenty of times

A lot less frequent for Sydney teams
But I know the bulldogs have drawn 30k plus against the Broncos
40k plus against the warriors

And south's, 30k plus against the storm

But it's rare

beave

Coach
I'm guessing you mean Sydney NRL teams for 25k crowds against out of town teams, because the 8 non Sydney teams have all done it, plenty of times

A lot less frequent for Sydney teams
But I know the bulldogs have drawn 30k plus against the Broncos
40k plus against the warriors

And south's, 30k plus against the storm

But it's rare

Even after winning 3 spoons in a row though? I think that is the kicker hey.