What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

wests1

Juniors
Can anyone work out this ..

Balmain tigers - working class area in past lots of RL fans now gentrified and expensive .. hardly any RL fans

Richmond Tigers - working class area in past lots of AFL fans- .Gentrifed now and expensive .. now more AFL fans
Rubbish.
If wests tigers do well the Balmain fans are everywhere to be seen.
Actually, look at what happens when we play at Leichhardt even while we haven’t been in the finals for eight years.
I’m an old western suburbs fan but I’m fully aware that the Balmain contingent is huge.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I eagerly await the reasons why having rugby league spread to a new market is a bad thing or still not good enough.
People in Melbourne have been starved for so many years and not all body types are suited to play Aussie Rules but it's nice to have a choice other then AFL and Soccer and that's where Rugby League and even Union fit's in.
Rugby League in Melbourne can only grow.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
People in Melbourne have been starved with choice for so many years and not all body types are suited to play Aussie Rules but it's nice to have a choice other then AFL and Soccer and that's where Rugby League and even Union fit's in.
Rugby League in Melbourne can only grow.
Lol, starved with choice

ReddFelon

Juniors
so why are we well behind in the finals ratings? Something's wrong with Sydney's ratings for the NRL
Obvious answer is that this is the first season in several years that all Queensland teams were booted out during week 1. Comparatively the AFL got the great advantage of having the Eagles, Swans and GWS in their finals. In AFL terms West Coast are the equivalent of the Broncos when it comes to drawing consistent crowds and ratings. WA vs Victoria borders on an Origin level hatred in fumble ball.

Swans and GWS guarantees at least some interest from NSW for part of their finals. The NRL finals this time around were dominated by the presence of Sydney teams which will lower interest in Canberra, Queensland and New Zealand (Warriors aren't a huge ratings draw anyway). Since week 1 it's been all Sydney games until tonight.

twesty

Juniors
Obvious answer is that this is the first season in several years that all Queensland teams were booted out during week 1. Comparatively the AFL got the great advantage of having the Eagles, Swans and GWS in their finals. In AFL terms West Coast are the equivalent of the Broncos when it comes to drawing consistent crowds and ratings. WA vs Victoria borders on an Origin level hatred in fumble ball.

Swans and GWS guarantees at least some interest from NSW for part of their finals. The NRL finals this time around were dominated by the presence of Sydney teams which will lower interest in Canberra, Queensland and New Zealand (Warriors aren't a huge ratings draw anyway). Since week 1 it's been all Sydney games until tonight.
nah, we've lost every final, and many AFL finals have been between Melbourne clubs. GWS! haha, no one follows them

Chook Norris

First Grade
Tomorrow's game is effectively sold out. Only single seats remain for category 2 rooster bays.

Can't buy 4 seats together anywhere (I.e. family of 4 ticket option)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Tomorrow's game is effectively sold out. Only single seats remain for category 2 rooster bays.

Can't buy 4 seats together anywhere (I.e. family of 4 ticket option)

I take that back. The geniused system at ticketeck has now opened up multiple seats in different categories again