What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 injuries

perverse

Referee
Pleasing that he'll be back this year. Pearce seems like the kind of guy who won't shirk his recovery work, too... so hopefully he can be back closer to 10.

Of course one of the most resilient halves of the past 10 years would break down the moment he gets to Newcastle, eh?

mozza91

Coach
Just looking at the draw and I think he’ll be targeting the Round 18 game against the Eels. It’s the week after our bye and gives him just under 12 weeks.

In that time I see the Rabbits at home (no Burgess), Titans away, Parra away and Bulldogs at home as very winnable games. We’ve also got the Panthers and Sharks at home which will be tough but we’re always a chance in Newcastle.

There’s never a good time to get a 3 month injury but this isn’t the worst time. Mostly home games and back with 2 months left. Don’t have to worry about his confidence being shot after another Origin failure either.

PhilGould

Bench
Injury update: Mitchell Pearce

Mitchell Pearce is on the road to recovery following surgery this week on his torn pectoral muscle sustained in last week's win over the Wests Tigers at Tamworth.

Club medical staff confirmed the surgery went well and Pearce is recovering well.

He will be in a sling for approximately four weeks and will undergo rehabilitation over the ensuing 10-12 weeks.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/04/27/injury-update-mitchell-pearce/

Swarzey

Bench
I'd rather not have Pearce rushed back. If Ayoub says he's fit without any problem or even appearance of a problem then by all means but I'd rather have 5 games of Pearce 100% fit than 7 where there's a possibility of him re-injuring himself and missing 5 more. I think our draw over the next month and a half is quite fair with plenty of possible wins; we can find ourselves in a competitive position by the time he comes back in Round 19 to charge for the 8 or die valiantly.

Even round 14 would be some sort of achievement. Round 16 the week after the stand alone origin would be 10 weeks. We have a bye in round 17 so round 18 might be safer.

We play Melbourne the week before the Sunday Origin. It's a full 8 game round so I assume origin players will play? I wonder when they will announce the origin teams?

Even round 14 would be some sort of achievement. Round 16 the week after the stand alone origin would be 10 weeks. We have a bye in round 17 so round 18 might be safer.

We play Melbourne the week before the Sunday Origin. It's a full 8 game round so I assume origin players will play? I wonder when they will announce the origin teams?

Smith will still be playing but lol

Noname36

First Grade
That’s awful for Buhrer. Really awful. Hopefully he can make a come back like Moga. Nobody wants their career to end like that.