2018 Intrust Super Cup

Discussion in 'QRL Competitions' started by Timmah, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ALX25

ALX25 Juniors

Was a development player for the Raiders.

2. League guru

League guru Juniors

Great win by Ipswich over the Adam Mogg coached Redcliffe Broncos. Some good old genuine footie players. I thought Ipswich was supposed to be a feeder club to the Broncos, but they never get allocated any Players. The Broncos must be worried that the Walker Brothers will upset their robotic playing styles.

3. expansionist

expansionist Juniors

Funny you say that I was thinking the same yesterday about the playing styles. I enjoy watching Ipswich play - and teams that play against them seem to always lift a gear in my opinion.

4. XXXX Cap

XXXX Cap Juniors

The final six now comes down to the final game tomorrow between Norths and Ipswich.

The Jets have looked long shots to make the finals in recent weeks but now only have to win after PNG were well beaten by the Capras and are now at risk of missing out. Pride could only draw against Tweed but are safe in 4th place.

Despite losing, Wynnum played possibly their best game of the season against the Blackhawks, doing down 22-26 with goal kicking letting them down. For a meaningless game, it was a ripper with ferocious defence and a couple of stinks with plenty of feeling between the teams.

Daniel Ogden scored a double in his final game to jump back to the top of the leading try scorers for the season (not bad playing in a side finishing 12th). Not quite as good as his first Queensland Cup game all those years ago when he scored four tries playing for Norths. Certainly going out on top and was probably the most dangerous player out there tonight.

5. Up the mighty Phins

Up the mighty Phins Juniors

The Jets beat the Devils 22-14 today to wrap up 6th spot and knock PNG out of the finals.

Next week's elimination finals will be Townsville v Ipswich & Northern Pride v Easts.

Redcliffe & Burleigh have the week off.

6. T-Boon

T-Boon First Grade

I am pleased to see PNG out since they have become structured and disciplined. They were the one last hope for free wheeling football.

7. expansionist

expansionist Juniors

PNG play and win ugly. Theres nothing attractive about their style of play anymore. Its robotic.