What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

big hit!

Bench
mere annoyance, but why do they need to call it a stadium? just about every venue is now called a 'stadium'. generic and unimaginative.

it's great how the poms generally keep the original names of their venues......even as simple as naming them after the roads that they're on or suburbs they're in. and they're more 'stadium' than all of these sydney suburban venues.

panther park is more apt than stadium

TheFrog

Coach
panther park is more apt than stadium
I've got a soft spot for Penrith Park as a name but it sounds more like somewhere you'd take the kids to play on the slippery dip. But you're right, it could do with some upgrading. Covering it would be nice.
and they're more 'stadium' than all of these sydney suburban venues.
Headingley, Trent Bridge and Old Trafford are all smaller than Panthers Stadium.

Last edited:

Klim

Juniors
I think option B won for the 2018 Tigers members jersey?
3rd_jersey_Concepts.jpeg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
F*ckery thats a nice bunch. All they need to do now is F*CKING STICK WITH IT!!!!!

I think we all know this will be gone in 2 years for something totally different.

Actually, looking closer:

- f*cking annoying that they cant even be consistent with their shade of blue (why are the jumper and badge different?!?!?!)
- they look too much like NQLD

Love the design, but should have stuck with the lighter blue

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
I've got a soft spot for Penrith Park as a name but it sounds more like somewhere you'd take the kids to play on the slippery dip. But you're right, it could do with some upgrading. Covering it would be nice.
panthers leagues own it, don't they? It doesn't need a complete roof or anything, but it certainly looks a lot like a country field. anyway, Panthers Park is more suitable IMO. That's basically what it is, and you've got the Panther branding in the name.

Headingley, Trent Bridge and Old Trafford are all smaller than Panthers Stadium.

Old Trafford is also a football ground.......the second largest in the UK in fact. Anfield in Liverpool is another example, and 6th largest in England.

Nothing wrong with 'Park' or 'Ground' either. there are >40k capacity venues such as st james' park in newcastle and goodison park in liverpool. there was also the Boleyn Ground in Upton Park, London, also commonly referred to as Upton Park after the suburb.

TheFrog

Coach
panthers leagues own it, don't they?
No . It is owned by the people of the City of Penrith via the local council.

but it certainly looks a lot like a country field. anyway,
It's about the equal of Cronlla's ground, and Parra stadium before it was bulldozed. It's certainly superior to other Sydney suburban grounds used for NRL matches, such as Brookvale, Leichhardt, Campbelltown and Belmore. Haven't been to Kogarah in many years so can't really comment. It doesn't look all that flash on TV.

What country field holds 22,000 anyway? Do you think Penrith needs to have a capacity of 40,000? It only gets filled once a year if your lucky as it is, but it does get 60% to 75% filled on a regular basis. I'd rather see it left the size it is and covered, and I am one of its owners.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Actually, looking closer:

- f*cking annoying that they cant even be consistent with their shade of blue (why are the jumper and badge different?!?!?!)
- they look too much like NQLD

Love the design, but should have stuck with the lighter blue

Yep, precisely. The NRL needs to tighten up on this, and agree with the clubs on a certain palatte of "club colours" for each club, then allow no variation from that.

thorson1987

Coach
No . It is owned by the people of the City of Penrith via the local council.

It's about the equal of Cronlla's ground, and Parra stadium before it was bulldozed. It's certainly superior to other Sydney suburban grounds used for NRL matches, such as Brookvale, Leichhardt, Campbelltown and Belmore. Haven't been to Kogarah in many years so can't really comment. It doesn't look all that flash on TV.

What country field holds 22,000 anyway? Do you think Penrith needs to have a capacity of 40,000? It only gets filled once a year if your lucky as it is, but it does get 60% to 75% filled on a regular basis. I'd rather see it left the size it is and covered, and I am one of its owners.

Can't really speak for the other 3, but how is Penrith Stadium superior to Campbelltown???

Status
Not open for further replies.