What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawesy76

Juniors
What's that patch on the knights jersey today? I'm sure it's for a good cause but it's got 'give other teams an idea for more sponsors' written all over it.

gzerounian

Juniors
It looks like the a-league have given the clubs freedom to choose the colour scheme of the new a-league logos to match their jerseys. The Warriors have been allowed this in the NRL. Should it be extended to other clubs? Does it cheapen the NRL branding if clubs could do this?
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 9.44.38 am.png

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It looks like the a-league have given the clubs freedom to choose the colour scheme of the new a-league logo to match their jerseys. The Warriors have been allowed this in the NRL. Should it be extended to other clubs? Does it cheapen the NRL branding if clubs could do this?
View attachment 15172
Not sure "given clubs the freedom" is the right term. It's a centralised brand the FFA created rather than giving clubs any freedom with colour.

Zerô

Juniors
I like having the competition logo the same colour. If they were to match individual teams, things would get very boring very fast.

Nothing beats when we got the new NRL badge and it was almost neon green and gold

King Ben

Juniors
Nothing beats when we got the new NRL badge and it was almost neon green and gold
I know not many people are as fussy as us, but I did enjoy the NRL releasing new jerseys with their new logo - knowing that they would change it to the Telstra Premiership version only a year later.

Diesel

Coach
That black warriors only logo is a load of shit
I understand the reason for it but not sure how they managed to persuade the NRL to allow it. Any future NZ based NRL team will have the black/white NRL logo

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It looks like the a-league have given the clubs freedom to choose the colour scheme of the new a-league logos to match their jerseys. The Warriors have been allowed this in the NRL. Should it be extended to other clubs? Does it cheapen the NRL branding if clubs could do this?
View attachment 15172

Yuck, no...

The Warriors do it because its kind of disrespectful to make a NZ based team wear Green and Gold. But the NRL needs brand exposure as much as the clubs do.

I think the competition badge is important for any league. To me, that patch says "despite all of our rivalries, we are both here because we share a love of the game".

Nah, f*ck that idea...

Edit: (the ONE change i would allow is a Premiers badge that they previous winners get to wear the next season. I dont know what colours that could be though, with gold already in the regular one.)

Travitoh

First Grade
(the ONE change i would allow is a Premiers badge that they previous winners get to wear the next season. I dont know what colours that could be though, with gold already in the regular one.)

I was going to suggest the same thing. Perhaps an all gold NRL emblem

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was going to suggest the same thing. Perhaps an all gold NRL emblem
They use this for the Grand Final logo itself so I don't see why they couldn't find a way to get it on a jersey, even if its a patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts