What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerô

Juniors
While we're on the subject of Titans,

Does anyone remember seeing their 10 year logo used at all last year?

Attachments

• IMG_20180227_193003.JPG
    IMG_20180227_193003.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 49

Frederick

Staff member
Knights corporate sponsorship reaching record levels for the club:

NRL | Newcastle Knights make lucrative fashion statement as corporate support reaches record levels

It is the staggering figure that proves just how valuable an asset the Newcastle Knights are to the city and the NRL.

Despite winning just 14 games in the past three seasons and clinching three wooden spoons, Knights players will take the field this season in a playing strip worth $5.7 million due to unprecedented sponsor support.

r0_0_3417_4040_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Knights stars Tautau Moga, Aidan Guerra and Herman Ese'ese model the playing strip

It is understood it ranks the Knights in the top three or four clubs in the premiership when it comes to the commercial value of their strip with only NRL heavyweights Brisbane Broncos and Melbourne Storm and possibly North Queensland Cowboys rated ahead of them.

For the first time in the Knights’ 31-year history, every available advertising space on the jersey and shorts has been sold as corporate support for the club shatters previous record levels.

The final remaining spot on the playing shorts was snapped up by superannuation fund Mine Super late last week with the long-term club sponsor increasing its involvement to feature on the strip for the first time.

Knights CEO Phil Gardner has also revealed that interest in enclosed corporate boxes at McDonald Jones Stadium has been at a premier and are expected to sell out for the first time.

Clearly, the professionalism of the club’s new owners, Wests Group and the respect and commercial reach they command within the Hunter has been a major factor in the Knights remarkable corporate support along with optimism the club’s dramatic roster overhaul will finally deliver on-field success under coach Nathan Brown.

r0_0_3391_5087_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Connor Watson

“It is a fantastic vote of confidence in the club and the town,”Gardner said.

“We’ve been able to sell all our properties, we are going to have all of our boxes sold, we’ve had a sold-out trial and we are going to have a fantastic crowd for our first home game.

“I don’t think I have felt more excited about the start of a season ever.”

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ying-strip-worth-a-staggering-57-mill/?cs=306

LineBall

Juniors
Great work Newcastle.

I wonder if we’ll ever be able to achieve the same value of sponsorship for just one sponsor on the front of the jersey. If Beattie delivers and attracts some of the big companies in the country and internationally to support Rugby League, it may happen.

beave

Coach
Im actually more impressed that my NQ clowns are considered ‘NRL Heavyweights’.........

15 years ago we were considered NRL lightweights.....

selfish of me I know, carry on.

gzerounian

Juniors
The blue in this away jersey is perfect. The direct reverse of this for their main jersey would have made them look like the inaugural Titans. White is an essential colour for the titans...white/gold/sky blue
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 8.55.48 am.png

GAZF

First Grade
The blue in this away jersey is perfect. The direct reverse of this for their main jersey would have made them look like the inaugural Titans. White is an essential colour for the titans...white/gold/sky blue
View attachment 17874
Disagree that the Titans need a lot of white on the home but the colour balance on the away looks pretty good.

gzerounian

Juniors
Disagree that the Titans need a lot of white on the home but the colour balance on the away looks pretty good.

I agree. There may be too much white in this an but every successful Titans jersey has always had some white in its somewhere. Titans are a tri-colour team and white should be used in the same way roosters use white. Getting the right blue is also paramount

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.48.15 am.png

Zigwaa

Bench
Knights corporate sponsorship reaching record levels for the club:

NRL | Newcastle Knights make lucrative fashion statement as corporate support reaches record levels

It is the staggering figure that proves just how valuable an asset the Newcastle Knights are to the city and the NRL.

Despite winning just 14 games in the past three seasons and clinching three wooden spoons, Knights players will take the field this season in a playing strip worth $5.7 million due to unprecedented sponsor support.

r0_0_3417_4040_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Knights stars Tautau Moga, Aidan Guerra and Herman Ese'ese model the playing strip

It is understood it ranks the Knights in the top three or four clubs in the premiership when it comes to the commercial value of their strip with only NRL heavyweights Brisbane Broncos and Melbourne Storm and possibly North Queensland Cowboys rated ahead of them.

For the first time in the Knights’ 31-year history, every available advertising space on the jersey and shorts has been sold as corporate support for the club shatters previous record levels.

The final remaining spot on the playing shorts was snapped up by superannuation fund Mine Super late last week with the long-term club sponsor increasing its involvement to feature on the strip for the first time.

Knights CEO Phil Gardner has also revealed that interest in enclosed corporate boxes at McDonald Jones Stadium has been at a premier and are expected to sell out for the first time.

Clearly, the professionalism of the club’s new owners, Wests Group and the respect and commercial reach they command within the Hunter has been a major factor in the Knights remarkable corporate support along with optimism the club’s dramatic roster overhaul will finally deliver on-field success under coach Nathan Brown.

r0_0_3391_5087_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Connor Watson

“It is a fantastic vote of confidence in the club and the town,”Gardner said.

“We’ve been able to sell all our properties, we are going to have all of our boxes sold, we’ve had a sold-out trial and we are going to have a fantastic crowd for our first home game.

“I don’t think I have felt more excited about the start of a season ever.”

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...ying-strip-worth-a-staggering-57-mill/?cs=306

Those throwback checkered shorts look awesome

GAZF

First Grade
What am I, your personal reminder?
  • Half of the previous Titans jerseys
  • Most of the Cowboys jerseys from post super league to 2010
  • Broncos plain gold side panels with "WoW" logo
  • Panthers jersey with the paint splatters
  • Bulldogs 2012 GF jersey
  • Dragons red jersey with "ropes" on the shoulder
  • Anything with the words XBlades and Tigers/Knights
  • Lots of things with the words Reebok and Sea-Eagles/Storm
  • Sharks white/grey design by Puma
  • Bottle green Raiders
  • Warriors piped messes
  • Every movie promo and Marvel jersey ever made
Are a few that come to mind.

M2D2

Bench
  • Bottle green Raiders
  • Warriors piped messes
No. Some have been great and i wish my team had them.

The Sharks ciggies packet ones were dog awful.

GAZF

First Grade
No. Some have been great and i wish my team had them.

The Sharks ciggies packet ones were dog awful.
They had that off brand shite in the 9's recently. Titans did a better job of it but they're still for babies and not adults.

gzerounian

Juniors
  • Bottle green Raiders
  • Warriors piped messes

Manly's beige Anzac jersey and shorts has got to come close to being the absolute worst of all time...Im sure George Rose still has nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.