What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is there any point charting growth to the final figure of previous seasons?

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I assume clubs would have different dates etc?

Yeah but I’m no genius but wouldn’t it make sense to let the auto renewals tick over as close to November as possible for cash flow and to start promoting new members? It just doesn’t makes sense. Clubs still have a way to go to streamline fan engagement.

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah but I’m no genius but wouldn’t it make sense to let the auto renewals tick over as close to November as possible for cash flow and to start promoting new members? It just doesn’t makes sense. Clubs still have a way to go to streamline fan engagement.
Not sure why Storm's were so late, yes most clubs seemed to be much earlier

Valheru

Coach
The Warriors could be a complete disaster next year.

It looks like the locals have well and truly jumped off the bandwagon.

Timmah

Staff member
In fairness I believe they were among the last clubs to go on sale in early November

Timmah

Staff member
Not sure you understood what I was getting at. I'm asking why bother charting growth against the final figure?

Surely it's of more value to track against same time last year?

taipan

Referee
Another update today with matching figures from last year. Just 6,700 ahead of last year which isn't promising when you consider last year's WT figure is probably greater than this year's GC figure (if they ever publish).

View attachment 16609

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31031-2018-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Agree your sentiments, but the poor performance to date of the Warriors is also impacting,whereas this time last year 10,000 odd.
We have to accept the fact with fickle NRL fans, poor performing teams will have less members the following year.And conversely with higher performing teams.We are up 4% set on 2017,if the NRL continues in that vein, that still represents growth.I
I'm expecting Newcastle to come good with membership, the Storm are ripping and tearing, as are Souths.I believe the Eels will crack 25,000 easily.
Still appreciate your efforts in providing updates, it gets us all excited for season 2018,and stops us worrying about the cost of Christmas presents and entertainment.

Raiderdave

First Grade
when are the broncos going to finally crack 40K
around 37K for the last 2 years , lets hope its 2018

where clubs should be based on a lot of factors , including recent tallys , expected 2018 results etc
( in my opinion )

Brisbane 40 - 42,000
Souths 32- 34,000
Parramatta 25- 27,000
Melbourne 22-24,000
Cowboys 20-22,000
Penrith 20-22,000
Bulldogs 20-,22000
Raiders 19-21,000
Tigers 19-21,000
Dragons 19-21,000
Newcastle 19-21,000
Sharks 16-18,000
Roosters 16-18,000
Manly 14-16,000
Warriors 14-16,000
Titans 12-14,000

the 2018 figure should be somewhere around 325 to 360K

Timmah

Staff member
Agree your sentiments, but the poor performance to date of the Warriors is also impacting,whereas this time last year 10,000 odd.
We have to accept the fact with fickle NRL fans, poor performing teams will have less members the following year.And conversely with higher performing teams.We are up 4% set on 2017,if the NRL continues in that vein, that still represents growth.I
I'm expecting Newcastle to come good with membership, the Storm are ripping and tearing, as are Souths.I believe the Eels will crack 25,000 easily.
Still appreciate your efforts in providing updates, it gets us all excited for season 2018,and stops us worrying about the cost of Christmas presents and entertainment.
My gut feel remains with NZ that they went on sale extremely late compared to normal. Jersey launch happened yesterday maybe that will remind people

beave

Coach
Cowboys still f**k assing around with the distant star membership. They told me on twitter they’re not on sale til Jan.

Ridiculous.

cain3y

Juniors
Not sure you understood what I was getting at. I'm asking why bother charting growth against the final figure?

Surely it's of more value to track against same time last year?
Each to their own. There is no one good way of charting anything, this is just something i like to do and others on here may appreciate seeing as a percentage how far to reaching last years total memberships and if there is a negative or positive in growth. Growth could be achieved by some teams before the season starts while others won't reach their totals of last year or worse yet the year before. Comparing numbers against same time last year is a good indicator but not necessarily always a true indicator. You could have low memberships at the start of the year and then everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon because a team is performing better than last year, so it all depends really.

Plus it is interesting to note that the teams with the highest memberships, souths and broncos have almost reached last years figures while teams with lower memberships have further to go.

Latest posts