What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

yobbo84

First Grade
Slight increase in prices for Souths season tickets ($400 to $410). I can see us dropping a good 5-7,000 members. Hopefully we'll still hit 25k.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Do teams have the ability to determine the conversion of Memberships to attendances i.e the % of members who used their membership to attend games and how many? That is a good indicator to determine if you are getting increases in attendances and engagement from members or simply a donation to the team as goodwill. The purpose of memberships shouldn't be about dollars generated but active fans generated and how you can focus and increase on that metric.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Souths already 14,312, presumably their rolling rabbit plan kicked in immediately.

Souths already 14,312, presumably their rolling rabbit plan kicked in immediately.

It's odd... I just had a look back at the first reported figure for last year and it was only 2000 odd. We didn't crack 14k until November.

We've had rolling Rabbit for a few years now so I'm not sure what's changed. A different method of reporting, perhaps?

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's odd... I just had a look back at the first reported figure for last year and it was only 2000 odd. We didn't crack 14k until November.

We've had rolling Rabbit for a few years now so I'm not sure what's changed. A different method of reporting, perhaps?
Our members want to get that special coin I reckon...

A very smart initiative from the club....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths launched theirs yesterday and I have already renewed.

We have 14,300 and odd after the first day.....

The quicker you renew the cheaper it is I believe and we get a special 110 year coin too if you renew before a certain date.

Souths how have a Club 1908 membership too for $1990.

- post match access to dressing room with guest
- be included in team photo and get copy
- Guard of honour experience at home game with guest
- watch team warm up pre match on field with guest
- free entry to season launch of Souths
- free entry to red and green ball
- Signed 2018 jersey
- A special free 1908 pin
- entry to 14 games

Plus some other things too.....

yobbo84

First Grade
Yes our 'Rolling Rabbit' plan kicked in today, 28th September. Members had until yesterday to cancel. It's about a month earlier than previous years IIRC.

Clifferd

Coach
Souths launched theirs yesterday and I have already renewed.

We have 14,300 and odd after the first day.....

The quicker you renew the cheaper it is I believe and we get a special 110 year coin too if you renew before a certain date.

Souths how have a Club 1908 membership too for $1990.

- post match access to dressing room with guest
- be included in team photo and get copy
- Guard of honour experience at home game with guest
- watch team warm up pre match on field with guest
- free entry to season launch of Souths
- free entry to red and green ball
- Signed 2018 jersey
- A special free 1908 pin
- entry to 14 games

Plus some other things too.....

Great initiative, one thing I will credit souffs is they know how to look after their fans

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Let’s hope during the next 6mnths the membership teams really get stuck in and use the clubs history, premierships, players, team songs and supporters as marketing gold. All clubs have good things going for them and those good things need to be embraced and used to entice new supporters in.

Just in regards to membership drives, that whole of Edwin Flack Ave outside ANZ Stadium should be lined with all 16 NRL clubs membership tables/booths. Same as when they were at Luna Park on Thursday. Both events were fun and fine...but the NRL needs to keep improving and getting more people engaged.

If they set it up on GF day, they could sign new members, sell season tickets, sell end of season merchandise, etc.

They could have players - you know, the ones who are actually employed by the club - to participate in a range of activities with fans.

They could do NRL show bags for kids with little bits and pieces in it.

The one thing I loved was them handing out Cowboys and Storm flags to members on Sunday. I'll admit, I lied and got one of each for my kids. But fug me if they haven't stopped waving them, talking about the GF etc since.

The whole precinct should be NRL / RL / GF fever with everyone celebrating.

Anyway...just my two cents worth. I've ordered my 5 Souffs memberships. Gives me up to 4 away games in 2018 with reciprocal rights...and "more could be added". I'm guessing it's Dogs, Eels, Tigers and probably Saints out of ANZ. Still...I'll go to those games on a reciprocal rights. And since we take a game to Perth and a game to Cairns, it more than makes up for it.

I also think the NRL misses a trick by mot having an NRL membership / ticket. Imagine having a 5, 10, 20 game pass and you can go to any NRL game, anywhere in the country (***conditions apply)?

Just my two cents worth.