What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha

Looks like the sharks are on track to beat our membership record again.

I wonder how many blows ins from Perth sign up .
You know the ones...have no team then decide to half arsedly follow a premiership winner.

Explains how you’ve got 14k members.

Sharks up 2k from this time last season.
Great to see!

Gold Coast (Expansion Club)
Going down the toilet.
Great to see!

Would love to have the Gold Coast NRL proposal in front of me now to read what they said they would bring to the NRL back then.

LOL!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Unfortunately for you that’s not how stats work.

It means Melbourne should be way more popular when you compare their numbers to my little club.

im not saying you maths is wrong, just that it doesnt mean anything....

An NRL team in Bathurst could get 14K members and have 50% of the local population. It would only prove that it was a dumb location for an NRL team.

And, honestly, its pretty arbitrary to say you are only drawing from Sutherland locals. There are 5mil people within the same sized radius you have given the Storm. You have 5mil to draw from and only get 14k, it sounds like youre not doing all that well....

carcharias

Immortal
im not saying you maths is wrong, just that it doesnt mean anything....

An NRL team in Bathurst could get 14K members and have 50% of the local population. It would only prove that it was a dumb location for an NRL team.

And, honestly, its pretty arbitrary to say you are only drawing from Sutherland locals. There are 5mil people within the same sized radius you have given the Storm. You have 5mil to draw from and only get 14k, it sounds like youre not doing all that well....
Ey
You’re forgetting the direct competition from other nrl clubs.
Clubs that have been there from day one.
Generations of families that have followed the same team.
Victoria has no such thing in terms of rugby league.
Forget AFL that’s a different sport.
I know plenty of people who follow a rugby league team and the swans and syd FC.

moffla

Bench
Ey
I know plenty of people who follow a rugby league team and the swans and syd FC.

We came into the comp just 20 years ago with about as little media attention imaginable.
We were placed in the worst venue in Australia. Our games, up until 2007, were not broadcast live...sometimes we were made to wait up until midnight to watch us play our away games. We still don't have exposure on the main channels, either.

Our home games were some of the worst timings imaginable. I remember once we played the warriors on Sunday midday just to appease the NZ audience.

Then, just as we moved into our new stadium, the salary cap shit broke out. It has really only been the past 5-6 years where we've actually felt like a professional club. We play in a nice venue, with actual seats and an overall nice matchday experience. That has been reflected in membership growth. We are now set to hit around 25k this year. Sure on field success helps but it's not secret as to why we are the fastest growing club in the NRL.

You can't just look at a city's population as an indicator of where there memberships should be at. If you go by that logic you can put a team in any major city and expect them to work.

carcharias

Immortal
We came into the comp just 20 years ago with about as little media attention imaginable.
We were placed in the worst venue in Australia. Our games, up until 2007, were not broadcast live...sometimes we were made to wait up until midnight to watch us play our away games. We still don't have exposure on the main channels, either.

Our home games were some of the worst timings imaginable. I remember once we played the warriors on Sunday midday just to appease the NZ audience.

Then, just as we moved into our new stadium, the salary cap shit broke out. It has really only been the past 5-6 years where we've actually felt like a professional club. We play in a nice venue, with actual seats and an overall nice matchday experience. That has been reflected in membership growth. We are now set to hit around 25k this year. Sure on field success helps but it's not secret as to why we are the fastest growing club in the NRL.

You can't just look at a city's population as an indicator of where there memberships should be at. If you go by that logic you can put a team in any major city and expect them to work.

Haha
Cry me a f**king river

You got gifted a shit hot squad propped up by the richest bloke in the country

A team the Melbourne public didn’t ask for or deserve.

Then you cheated like bitches and got caught.

moffla

Bench
Haha
Cry me a f**king river

You got gifted a shit hot squad propped up by the richest bloke in the country

Yet we still made it work. Fourth biggest membership base in the entire comp. Not bad for a city who didn't ask for a team

Yeah...not sure how that helped with fan engagement to be honest.

carcharias

Immortal
Are you suggesting an AFL dominated city isn't competition for the Storm?

I not suggesting anything
I’m actually saying the storm have no rugby league competition in the entire state of Victoria.

You do know people can follow more than one sport?

I spend money on other sports clubs
Not f**king AFL though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh look, membership figures!

upload_2018-3-1_11-32-3.png

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31031-2018-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Maintaining that rough ~11k lead on the same date last year... although it's important to note that 1/3/17 was the day before season kickoff, whereas this year it's a week out. So realistically we're much further ahead given there's still a week to go.

No overly significant movement, the only positional changes saw Penrith jump above Canberra.

Oh look, membership figures!

View attachment 17901

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31031-2018-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Maintaining that rough ~11k lead on the same date last year... although it's important to note that 1/3/17 was the day before season kickoff, whereas this year it's a week out. So realistically we're much further ahead given there's still a week to go.

No overly significant movement, the only positional changes saw Penrith jump above Canberra.

Go on! Membership figures?! How dare you pollute this thread with such things as FACTS :p ;)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ey

So youre saying that Sydney is a bit over-saturated with clubs?

Yeh, a lot of people would agree with you.