What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightleftin

Juniors
Does anyone know of William Butler at hills ? Heard he played in the polecats team last year , very average comp .. thinking hills are of a poor standard this year without stars like Feleti and lestrange.

Watched a few games last year and can honestly say he’s fragile in defence

Butler played for Guildford in 2014 - 6 games in RMC and 16 games in SS. He played 10 games in RMC for Blacktown in 2016.

rightleftin

Juniors
Guildford has now uploaded its team and has been able to fit 4 ex first graders into the side, adding prop Taniela Lasalo from Wenty and ex Roosters and Titans half back, Josh Lewis to their backrowers, Matt Ryan and Mitch Achurch. In addition they have recruited Dominic Reardon from Mounties, Troy Errington from UTS, Robert Longbottom from La Perouse and Alec Bush returns after a season with Newtown/Cabra.

Guildford has now uploaded its team and has been able to fit 4 ex first graders into the side, adding prop Taniela Lasalo from Wenty and ex Roosters and Titans half back, Josh Lewis to their backrowers, Matt Ryan and Mitch Achurch. In addition they have recruited Dominic Reardon from Mounties, Troy Errington from UTS, Robert Longbottom from La Perouse and Alec Bush returns after a season with Newtown/Cabra.

Is it actually Josh Lewis.

If so Guildford will struggle to fit them all under the 100 point limit

Players like

Mitch Achurch - 18
Matt Ryan - 14
Taniela Lasalo - 10
Dom Reardon - 10
Daniel Vasek - 9
Josh Lewis - ?

rightleftin

Juniors
Is it actually Josh Lewis.

If so Guildford will struggle to fit them all under the 100 point limit

Players like

Mitch Achurch - 18
Matt Ryan - 14
Taniela Lasalo - 10
Dom Reardon - 10
Daniel Vasek - 9
Josh Lewis - ?

Yeah I could not work out how they would be under the limit - in fact I thought Ryan and Lasalo would be a few more. I don't think Lewis is the problem but how could they sign Lasalo if the other 2 are still there. Some transparency on player ratings would be good - the NSWRL regs state that they should appear on Leaguenet.

When I saw Guildford play Blacktown a month ago I could see that the halfback had played a fair bit of football but no programs so I didn't know who it was. Lewis played ISP for Balmain in 2010 so it is another case of Fletcher looking up his old phone list.

Last edited:
Yeah I could not work out how they would be under the limit - in fact I thought Ryan and Lasalo would be a few more. I don't think Lewis is the problem but how could they sign Lasalo if the other 2 are still there. Some transparency on player ratings would be good - the NSWRL regs state that they should appear on Leaguenet.

When I saw Guildford play Blacktown a month ago I could see that the halfback had played a fair bit of football but no programs so I didn't know who it was. Lewis played ISP for Balmain in 2010 so it is another case of Fletcher looking up his old phone list.

I think Fletcher has a good relationship with his former players. I have met Paul a couple of times and he seems like a really good bloke.

He had Jarred Farlow and Matt Ryan who both played for Balmain and now Lewis

I believe Lewis will only be an 8 pointer as he hasn't played NRL or English Super league since 2008.

The documents on the NSWRL site has all the info

In the PPI guidelines it has

9. Category A and B players will receive a discount of 1 point per year (up to a maximum of 10 points) for each year they have been out of NRL or British Super League.

When he played Cup for Cronulla he was a gun.

Will be the best half in the comp

If the Owls keep that side together they will go close to winning the whole thing.

Pantherman72

Juniors
What's your top 8 for Ron Massey Sharkies. You watch and take more photos of 2nd Tier footy matches then anyone. Who is your tips for Sg Ball and Harold Mathews winners.

rightleftin

Juniors
The Macquarie Scorpions squad to play Glebe Burwood tomorrow is:

Daniel Abraham, Tye Alchin, Simon Allen, Kelly Benson, Isaac Briggs, Randall Briggs, Scott Briggs, Nathan Cantor, David Dryden, Kyle Eather, Matthew Geoffrey, Adam Grew, Matthew Hay, Todd Hurrell, Jordan Noble, Brad Russell, Matt Simon, Kyle Smith, Andrew Sumner, Adam Swadling.

Neither of the Glebe Burwood facebook sites have listed their team.

earl park riot

Juniors
The Glebe-Burwood squad for tomorrow’s NSWRL Challenge Cup clash with Macquarie Scorpions is below. Kick-off is 3pm at Dora Creek.

1 Latrell Schaumkel
2 Jordan Topai Aveai
3 Ray Lesoa
4 Addison Demetriou
5 Zac Ne Chong
6 Penani Manumalealii
7 Jesse Marschke
8 Jesse Offen
9 Ben Marschke
10 jimmy Jolliffe
11 Ryan King
12 George Tsikrikis
13 Royce Tout

14 Dominic Timiteo
15 Ben Mathiou
16 Jokatama Dokonavalu
17 Mavrick Tweedie
18 Jackson Garlick

rightleftin

Juniors
Glebe Burwood have demonstrated the depth in their squad by naming 7 players for todays game that were not part of the 17 that beat Blacktown last week.

rightleftin

Juniors
Kurt Aldridge has moved clubs again. After stints with Blacktown Workers and CBGW in 2017 he started the season with Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Qld Cup but will start with Wests in the RMC today.

Broncos93

Juniors
Kurt Aldridge has moved clubs again. After stints with Blacktown Workers and CBGW in 2017 he started the season with Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Qld Cup but will start with Wests in the RMC today.
Wonder what happened up on the Coast?

He started the first three rounds for them and kicked the winning field goal in one of their matches.

rightleftin

Juniors
Glebe Burwood beats Macquarie scorpions 40-10

That is a huge result for Glebe Burwood. Macquarie are the Newcastle Premiers as well as winners of the Challenge Cup last season. It will be interesting to see if any of the 7 that played for GB today that were left out last week, can force their way into the side for round 3 of RMC.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Wenty 32 Cabra 22
Blacktown 38 wests 28

SS
East Campbelltown 46 Blacktown 18
Wenty 44 Cabra 18

Cabra were up against it today with Joel Luani, Michael Morgan and D'rhys Miller all being elevated to ISP this weekend, whereas Wenty had the bye in ISP and sent back Nathan Milone, Atini Gafa, Haimona Hroti and Nick Kassis to RMC.

Wenty dominated the first half and when Kassis scored not long after resumption the score stood at 28-0. Last week Wenty led 16-0 but were bettered by Hills 24-22 and when Cabra started to put some passes together and when Donny Thompson sliced through they had stormed back to 28-22 with 15 minutes left and it looked like Wenty might be on a repeat of round 1.

A few infringements by Cabra in their red zone in the last 10 minutes allowed Beau Henry to slot a couple of easy penalty goals to close out the win.

rightleftin

Juniors
It looks like Wenty have followed St Marys in declining to play in the Challenge Cup as it has been reported that Dubbo Cyms (in lieu of Wenty) beat Wests Newcastle 16-6 today.

Mounties were drawn to play Illawarra Collegians but who would know if that is still on.

earl park riot

Juniors
From what I understand, Dubbo CYMS are through to the final by virtue of today’s win, Glebe-Burwood have to play Guildford for a place in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.