What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors
East Campbelltown are the first team through to the SS GF with a 24-20 win over Moorebank. There were 4 tries to each team but Sean Connor kicked all 4 attempts whereas the Rams got 2 from 5.

I'm guttered. But hey, we had a terrific season compared to last year.
East Campbelltown were just too good for us today.

MountainMan

Juniors
What a awesome game of rugby league to watch,quality referee also.
Very good standard and a trilling final couple of minutes.
I havent had a chance to watch Moorebank this season,what an improved side from the previous season!
Eagles just had too much experience across the field in the end.Great effort to come back from the Rams scoring three straight tries.

rightleftin

Juniors
In the middle of the season St Marys conceded more than 50 against Wenty and were sitting just above Blacktown and Hills on the ladder, yet they have recovered brilliantly to qualify for the Grand Final. Brad Drew had them primed up today and they scored 3 times in the first 11 minutes and got to 20-0 ahead of the clock. Cabra converted breaks by Niko and Jesse Martin but St Marys responded whenever the Blues threatened. A points laden first half saw St Marys lead 28-14 and that margin was maintained in a stalemate second half for a final score of 34-20.

kbw

Bench
congrats to St Marys, they were good today, while Cabra were well off their game at times (well at a lot of imes) and St MArys very solid

rightleftin

Juniors
Metro Cup 1996 - 2002

Newtown 28

Craig Shaw, Greg Jordan, Steve Benkic, Jason Evans, Peter Baumgart, Darryl Neville, Brad Westaway, Paul Danes, Gavin Orr, Tony Catton, Rod Morris, Scott Fleming, John Elias

Reserves: Dayle Bonnor, Craig George, David Nye, Brett Taper

Ryde Eastwood 16

Brett Wheelhouse, Tim Blacszak, Matt Morrin, Grant Wheelhouse, Darren Whereat, Danny Mamo, Jamie Shepherd, Jason Croker, John Moses, Terry O’Toole, Lee Taylor, Mark Pardey, Matt Steele

Reserves: Keith Leyshon, Paul Campany, Paul Jarvis

Reserve grade: Illawarra Wests 12 Ryde Eastwood 10

Newtown 18

Craig Shaw, Duane Roberts, Dave Howlett, Jason Evans, John Lintmeijer, Matt O’Keefe, Brad Westaway, Paul Danes, Brett Taper, Tony Catton, Dayle Bonnor, Trent Brown, Peter Naumgart

Reserves: Greg Jordan, Shaun O’Bryan, Brad Williams, Gavin Orr

Guildford 8

Scott Casey, Richard Kairouz, Marcel Nasser, Darren Thorson, Chris Tolar. Aaron Milan, Kim Bray, Tony Xuereb, Mark Barnes, Bernard Boys, Kandy Tamer, Michael Brown, Troy Cassell

Reserves: Scott Prebble, Darren Matthews, Eden Hughes

Reserve grade: Wenty 14 Kellyville 12

Wenty 18

Tony Wall, Stan Presdee, Jamie Corcoran, Mark Booth, Alan McDonald, Ken McIntosh, Trevor Schodel, Gavin Catanach, Aaron Mclean, Shane Boyd, Nathan Lakeman, Darren Capovilla, Jason Stewart

Reserves: Alex Chan, Adam Capovilla, Darren Borthwick, Mick Greenaway

Kellyville 12

Selwyn Brown, Charlie Strachan, Tim Patterson, Mick Corrie, Steve Fitzpatrick, Simon Gwynne, Keiron Herring, Inoke Amone, Daniel Cross, Andrew Ryan, Andrew McFarland, Paul Buchanan, Chris Smith

Reserves: Brad Capovilla, Ben Galea, Elias Paiyo, Adam Toro

Reserve grade: Guildford 14 St Marys 10

Wenty 30

Clint Cater, Michael Erickson, Alex Chan, Mark Booth, Stan Presdee, Ken McIntosh, Trevor Schodel, Shayne Boyd, Luke Matthews, Sonny Seuala, Nathan lakeman, Chad Harris, Adam Capovilla

Reserves: Brad Capovilla, Darren Capovilla

Ryde Eastwood 22

Scott Turner, James Langaloa, Scott Davey, Nathan Carr, Greig Harland, Jason Small, Ron Jones, Matt O’Reilly, Steve Scahill, Nick Edwards, Nathan Koina, Scott Krywulycz, Shaun Townsend

Reserves: Mick Lentfer, Luke O’Callaghan, Shane Powell, Mark Schrantz

Reserve grade: Ryde Eastwood 9 Wenty 6

Ryde Eastwood 24

Marc Webber, James Langaloa, Scott Davey, Leigh Hennessy, Simon Gwynne, Keiron Herring, Ron Jones, David Wright, Steve Scahill, Nick Edwards, Nathan Koina, Brian Seimsen, Shawn Townsend

Reserves: Luke O’Callaghan, Shane Powell, Matt Kelly, Va Leaupepe

St Marys 10

Danny O’Keefe, Dave Watters, Mick Scully, Craig Gibson, Mick Corrie, Justin Bishop, Jarrod Reardon, Tom Rando, Warren Hickman, Bart Kelly, Dave Moffatt, Eric Anselme, Paul Mulherin

Reserves: Adam Eldridge, Mick Hawkins, Steve Hartley, Tim Horan

Reserve grade: Sydney Bulls 19 St Marys 18

St Marys 20

David Pickvance, Dave Watters, Anthony Clarke, Kirk Ingram, Simon Bungate, Jarrod Reardon, Luke Williams, Tom Rando, Danny Farrar, Mick Hawkins, Dave Moffatt, Corey Johnstone, Mick Scully

Reserves: Bart Kelly, Dave Johansen, Warren Hickman, Setareki Rakabula

Sydney Bulls 16

George Katrib, Mick Corrie, Travis Touma, Wally Abbas, Sam El Masri, Nathan Miller, Adam Tippett, Jasson Asplett, Elias Paiyo, Sam Chamoun, Chris Smith, Ryan Asplett, Willie Grech

Reserves: Anthony Mansour, Charlie Nohra, Chris Salem, Paul Winterstein

Reserve grade: Cabramatta 42 Wenty 12

Sydney Bulls 44

Wally Abbas, Mick Corrie, Damien Mostyn, Travis Touma, Sam El Masri, Ben Anderson, Adam Tippett, Willie Grech, Ryan Asplett, Paul Winterstein, Jasson Asplett, Elias Paiyo, Quentin Pongia

Reserves: Anthony Mansour, Chris Smith, Chris Salem, James Pickering

Ryde Eastwood 12

Craig Carrington, Tony Wignell, Danny O’Keefe, Kirk Ingram, Mark Trudgett, Jarrod Reardon, Luke Williams, Daniel Brown, Dave Moffatt, Matt Kelly, Mick Hawkins, Steve Scahill, Dave Wright

Reserves: Nick Edwards, Mick Scully, Corey Johnstone, Luke Carr

Reserve grade: Ryde Eastwood beat Guildford

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
Wenty RMC are the only side of the 4 that had a week off and qualify for the GF. They were dominant in the first 15 minutes to lead 16-0 but from that point onwards the Glebe Burwood defence looked impregnable and with a share of the ball the reds did most of the scoring after that, registering 3 tries before half time but no goals including one very close to the posts meant they trailed 16-12 at half time.

Shortly after resumption Wenty spilt the ball close the reds line, Manumaleuli scooped it up and offloaded to Tamou who went the final 60 metres. Replacement kicker Demetriou added the extras for an 18-16 lead. With the Wenty attack nullified, Henry took a penalty goal to even at 55 minutes. Another typical bulldozing run by Demetriou and offload to Schaafhauzen saw what appeared to be the winning try in the corner at 70 minutes 22-18.

I still don't know how Cook managed to ground the ball but with 2 minutes left Wenty had got out gaol. Henry did not miss. Wenty 24-22. Gut wrenching for GB who have for the first time assembled a roster that looked capable of going all the way.

In the SS game Guildford took all their chances while Wenty bombed several in the first half to trail 18-6 at the break. Wenty put it together better upon resumption and got back 18-18 but the Owls came again when a flowing backline movement saw Cameron Eyles with space and he made no mistake. A fine individual effort from Apouri saw Newton in a position to even the score with a kick near the posts at 65 minutes but it swung too much. Guildford put up a wall that didn't crack thereafter while Masima and Longbottom had kept Wenty on the back foot throughout.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why not have all the NSW GFs on the same day as in previous years???
My best guess is that there were a lot of complaints in recent years about the lateness of the main decider, together with the fact ISP had to be 3:10pm to go on 9

Tigers1986

Juniors
4 games in one day to fill 9's commitment is a big ask.

Sentimental favourites in the Shield are Easts for mine. My cousin's partner plays for them, they're aligned to WT, and it'll be nice if they got the win for Wayde.

Massey should be Wenty in a canter.

Flegg is a coin toss.

ISP I'd take Newtown.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors

Surely this isn't what Canterbury and Newtown are wearing in the Super Cup GF.

They shouldn't let it happen, but anything can happen.

Just earlier this season, Rams played against Penrith, and we both have jerseys that are pretty much identical. NSWRL never double checked this.

big hit!

Bench
the similarity can be reduced with Canterbury wearing white shorts and Newtown blue. The two clubs probably don't have it in their uni set, perhaps the NSWRL should stump up the money to do it. It's going to look ridiculous if the above captains call combination is preseneted on game day. A bit like the last two Penrith home/finals matches vs Warriors in the NRL, or Parra's last couple of away matches with their heritage kit against Melbourne and NQ. f**kin stupid.

They can avoid this shit in 5th tier leagues in the English Football system, professional and televised second tier leagues here in Oz should be able to do it too

Timmah

Staff member
Not sure I follow this? 9 are only broadcasting ISP, and for that the game needed to be 3:10pm (previous years' kickoffs of 5/6pm would clash with the news)

If they made it 3pm we'd need 9am Shield 11am Massey 1pm Flegg and thats not even allowing for extra time or reasonable preso time IMO.

I think over two days makes sense and allows appropriate time for each game.

As for the jersey clash, I don't think it's as bad as it seems, fairly sure they've played each other before and it's been fine. The back of the Jets' jumper is all blue, the back of Canterbury's is white from memory

imgunawin72

Juniors
Not sure I follow this? 9 are only broadcasting ISP, and for that the game needed to be 3:10pm (previous years' kickoffs of 5/6pm would clash with the news)

If they made it 3pm we'd need 9am Shield 11am Massey 1pm Flegg and thats not even allowing for extra time or reasonable preso time IMO.

I think over two days makes sense and allows appropriate time for each game.

As for the jersey clash, I don't think it's as bad as it seems, fairly sure they've played each other before and it's been fine. The back of the Jets' jumper is all blue, the back of Canterbury's is white from memory
Having it split over 2 days makes it a bit easier for parking, it can be a shit fight at Leichhardt.
Perhaps next year they could organise it somewhere in the center of sydney like parra if the new stadium is open. Or somewhere with heaps of parking like Penrith

Timmah

Staff member
You'd think provided they can get a reasonable deal it'd return to Parramatta next year.

rightleftin

Juniors
On sunday, Rhys Davies and Dayne Vette Walsh were both placed on report for a lifting tackle and it appears that Wenty will not be at full strength as a result, with neither listed for the GF. Epa Navale and Mana Aonga come onto the bench and both have played plenty of RMC this year.

thorson1987

Coach

Sentimental favourites in the Shield are Easts for mine. My cousin's partner plays for them, they're aligned to WT, and it'll be nice if they got the win for Wayde.

Massey should be Wenty in a canter.

Flegg is a coin toss.

ISP I'd take Newtown.

Who is that?

rightleftin

Juniors
Ngangarra Barker, who played for Asquith SS in the first half of 2018, and Barry McGrady, who previously played for Peninsula SS, both scored tries in Kurri Kurri's 38-18 loss to Lakes United in the Newcastle 1st grade Preliminary final on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.