What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantherman72

Juniors
I watched all 4 games and agree the reffing was poor in the Cabra game but it was not the worst on the day. Asquith were given no chance with a 6 nil penalty count against them in the first 15 minutes, a sin binning and some poor decisions in the game. The effort they put in to stay close at halftime took it out of them in the 2nd half and Glebe were too good and took advantage. They had a huge advantage over Adquith by having a team full of Newtown ISP contracted players. It is no surprise to see the remaining 6 teams being the ones with the best ISP arrangements.

rightleftin

Juniors
SS

Moorebank 36 St Marys 8
Wenty 32 East Campbelltown 10

St Marys were never in the game, Moorebank made few errors and were pretty smooth, which makes their result last week totally bizarre. Wenty were the surprise packets, while they have put away the lower teams, they have not troubled the top 3 sides before today. They were very impressive, especially Apouri and Navale in the backs while all the forwards looked good.

RMC

Wenty 26 St Marys 12
Cabra 24 Mounties 18

Too many penalties with Wenty copping it in the first half and St Marys in the 2nd. St Marys looked like they might cause an upset with a 12-4 lead at half time but the tide turned and with late inclusion, Abbas Miski excelling, Wenty closed out. Beau Henry has rarely been caught in possession in other Wenty games I have seen but today he was targeted and bashed all day. Cabra were more in control than the score suggests, they led 24-6 at one stage but a great ball from Mitch Cahalane to Jordan Martin gave them some hope.

Butts74

Juniors
Moore bank would of rested players last week against Blacktown or they didn’t get many boys back from dogs which is probably why they lost last week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Schedule locked in for next weekend

DmFbyYhU4AExkqs.jpg:large

DmFb0VVV4AAeB9o.jpg:large

DmFb2AMUUAA0yEb.jpg:large

DmFb3dfUwAAPgc8.jpg:large

http://bit.ly/2018FinalsGuide

The Wests v Wyong Intrust Cup finals game was a corker. Wyong forced extra time and won it 18-14 by scoring the only points in extra time with a try in the corner in the second period.

Last edited:

MountainMan

Juniors
I sat and watched Brothers A Grade side get hammered by St Clair in the 2017 Grand Final and thought to myself ,why would they be attempting to re-enter the nswrl competitions.
Again im sitting here thinking,why on earth would they remain ? No major sponsors,no leagues club,no affiliations.
Look back to 2010 when they were in the Bundy Cup,they had major sponsors,played out of a good home ground,had panthers affiliations,attracted players etc.
If anything,sack the shield team and put that rmc team in the shield competition.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I sat and watched Brothers A Grade side get hammered by St Clair in the 2017 Grand Final and thought to myself ,why would they be attempting to re-enter the nswrl competitions.
Again im sitting here thinking,why on earth would they remain ? No major sponsors,no leagues club,no affiliations.
Look back to 2010 when they were in the Bundy Cup,they had major sponsors,played out of a good home ground,had panthers affiliations,attracted players etc.
If anything,sack the shield team and put that rmc team in the shield competition.
Yeah that's probably their best option

Butts74

Juniors
I think brothers will most likely stay in both grades , hopefully they get a sponsor or something so they can buy some decent players. They had some good players in the Massey , and shield I don’t know what happened to all of them. They should of brought up some C graders and given them a crack and build into next season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't see Brothers staying in both grades. I believe Blacktown will only stay in one comp as well

Butts74

Juniors
Yeah I’ve heard that aswell. Heard that they might be only having Massey and going with the U20s so they can have it at laybutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts