What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

shiznit

Coach
Reggie & Chuck sign Doug Martin and are closing in on Jordy Nelson....

Now all we need is a time machine to take us back to 2015 and we will have 5 first team All Pro players in our team... SMH...

shiznit

Coach
Jordy Nelson to the Raiders done.... $15M for 2 years.

$13M guaranteed.

Pretty much just swapped Crab for Jordy.

Sad to see Crab go... he’s a f**king great receiver.

Unfortunately he ended up on the nose with the front office due to his behaviour late in the season...

TBH... that coaching staff had issues with a whole lot of players... not just Crab.

Someone is gonna pick up a great receiver... if I’m one of the teams drafting one of these young qbs in this upcoming draft... after a LT... Crab would be the next guy I’d grab...

He’s a great safety blanket for young QB.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Not real happy with what we’ve done so far. Jordy Nelson is 33 and looked well past it last year, keeping Crabtree would have made a lot more sense in my eyes.

Doug Martin.... meh.

Hope there’s a lot better to come.

shiznit

Coach
Not real happy with what we’ve done so far. Jordy Nelson is 33 and looked well past it last year, keeping Crabtree would have made a lot more sense in my eyes.

Doug Martin.... meh.

Hope there’s a lot better to come.
The best thing we can do is resign Mack...

That’s the biggest priority....

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bengals resigned Tyler Eifert,on a one year contract. Hopefully he can get through a whole season uninjured.

kurt faulk

Coach

for real ravens? what a dick move. the good ole failed the physical move.

what's the bet he doesn't fail the physical from another team that gives him a more reasonable contract.

shiznit

Coach
Eagles moving money for another key signing? Wonder who it's gonna be... Suh? haha
I thought he was willing to play for the Eagles for free... :joy::joy:

I love Suh as a player... always have.... but that comment made me laugh....

Apart from Revis... no one loves his money more than Suh... :joy::joy:

nick87

Coach
I thought he was willing to play for the Eagles for free... :joy::joy:

I love Suh as a player... always have.... but that comment made me laugh....

Apart from Revis... no one loves his money more than Suh... :joy::joy:

Haha yeah, there is f**king ZERO chance Suh would play for free. Did you see the quote from ESPN about him... something along the lines of "Suh told me he doesnt care about the fit or the team, he's going to the highest bidder"
haha

Love that shit

shiznit

Coach
amen to that. if he wanted to win he would have come straight to the rams on a team friendly deal and lined up next to donald and brockers.

Can you imagine Suh and Donald on the same line in a f**king Wade Phillips defence... with Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib in the secondary.... that’s some scary shit... :joy::joy:

Kinda reminds of Texan fans getting pissed of when they took Clowney at #1 in that draft... and passed on Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald...

Could you imagine pairing Mack/Donald with Watt...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
No idea who they are clearing cap space for
I thought they may have chased Pugh. Since re-structuring, there's been no chatter at all.

Maybe, just maybe considering the ~25 mill guaranteed in Keenum's contract, they may be trying to front-load it. Sign him for two years with a lower cap hit next year, draft a QB, see how it goes and be able to move on easily next year if needed.

shiznit

Coach
Reggie being very active in the 2nd wave of free agency...

Given Mack’s impending deal we couldn’t afford to just throw stupid money at the big name free agent and ignore totally the future impact it will have on our cap... *cough* dolphins *cough*

Since the Jordy signing they’ve signed S Marcus Gilchrist, LB Tahir Whiteside, and Corners Rashaan Melvin & Shareece Wright.

Not superstars at all but all areas of need...

Latest posts