What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

skeepe

Immortal
Reggie being very active in the 2nd wave of free agency...

Given Mack’s impending deal we couldn’t afford to just throw stupid money at the big name free agent and ignore totally the future impact it will have on our cap... *cough* dolphins *cough*

Since the Jordy signing they’ve signed S Marcus Gilchrist, LB Tahir Whiteside, and Corners Rashaan Melvin & Shareece Wright.

Not superstars at all but all areas of need...

Whitehead (not Whiteside) is a sneaky good pickup IMO, maybe I’m a shit judge but I like what I saw of him at Detroit

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Jets just went full genius, The Colts absolutely win that trade, They weren’t going to take a QB, Barkley won’t make it past The Giants.

Now they can still get a difference maker at 6, and fill needs EG that shocking OL to keep Luck or Jacoby upright.

nick87

Coach
That’s not the point though Aus,

The bills are trying to move up and will at some point into the top 5 (probably ahead of the giants ) the broncos have a pick in front of them and QB isn’t totally out of the question for the giants. If not the jets someone was moving up into Indy’s spot (maybe ari?)

That’s 4 potential qbs off the board before the jets pick
They need a qb, they had to do this

What the colts need or what isn’t relevant to the trade for the jets.

It’s pretty simple, if the jets land a franchise qb, like the eagles and rams, no one gives a f**k about what they gave up, if they miss, it’ll be franchise crippling

kurt faulk

Coach
That’s not the point though Aus,

The bills are trying to move up and will at some point into the top 5 (probably ahead of the giants ) the broncos have a pick in front of them and QB isn’t totally out of the question for the giants. If not the jets someone was moving up into Indy’s spot (maybe ari?)

That’s 4 potential qbs off the board before the jets pick
They need a qb, they had to do this

What the colts need or what isn’t relevant to the trade for the jets.

It’s pretty simple, if the jets land a franchise qb, like the eagles and rams, no one gives a f**k about what they gave up, if they miss, it’ll be franchise crippling

exactly. with the price of qbs these days ($28m for cousins, f**k that) teams would be crazy not to go after a qb in the draft. who gives a rat's arse about 2nd round picks?

high probability qb goes 1, 2 and 3 in this draft.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
exactly. with the price of qbs these days ($28m for cousins, f**k that) teams would be crazy not to go after a qb in the draft. who gives a rat's arse about 2nd round picks?

high probability qb goes 1, 2 and 3 in this draft.

Unless the Giants decide they don't want a QB and have no interest in trading you can go ahead and lock in 1,2,3 for QB's.

With Bills/Cards lurking and Denver having just been leap frogged it wouldn't shock me to see the Browns get a few offers at 4 either.

shiznit

Coach
I think the biggest winner from that trade is the Browns.

They now have an absolute massive chance at getting the QB of their choice and Barkley.

If the giants don’t want a QB(which isn’t a given considering Eli’s age) they would have to be nigh on stupid to pass up #12 & #22 and whatever else they can get out of the Bills.

As good as Barkley is as a prospect... you can really solidify your biggest area of need in your line... either by trading back up from #12 to get Nelson... or just taking BPA.

Either way... i think this Jets move coupled with the Bills having the ammo and the Broncos being close enough will make sure QB’s will go 123 with the Browns taking the QB they want and then getting Barkley at #4.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Bills, Jets, Dolphins all desperately need a QB. That division would be really intriguing if they all landed a QB. Denver the other side who need to grab a young QB. Someone is going to miss out (and this is assuming the Giants stay firm with Eli).

Browns #1
Giants #2
Jets #3
Browns #4
Denver #5
Dolphins #11
Bills #12

Colts, Bucs, Bears, 9ers, Raiders all sitting back waiting to see which players fall further than their talent due to the QB rush.

nick87

Coach
I think the biggest winner from that trade is the Browns.

They now have an absolute massive chance at getting the QB of their choice and Barkley.

If the giants don’t want a QB(which isn’t a given considering Eli’s age) they would have to be nigh on stupid to pass up #12 & #22 and whatever else they can get out of the Bills.

As good as Barkley is as a prospect... you can really solidify your biggest area of need in your line... either by trading back up from #12 to get Nelson... or just taking BPA.

Either way... i think this Jets move coupled with the Bills having the ammo and the Broncos being close enough will make sure QB’s will go 123 with the Browns taking the QB they want and then getting Barkley at #4.

Think it’s the giants
Can sell their pick off for an absolute motza

When it’s all said and done, I’m tipping the Browns, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Cardinals/Dolphins all taking QB’s in the top 7 picks

kurt faulk

Coach
Think it’s the giants
Can sell their pick off for an absolute motza

When it’s all said and done, I’m tipping the Browns, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Cardinals/Dolphins all taking QB’s in the top 7 picks

5 qbs in the first 7 picks? That's Russian roulette. Can't see 5 qbs panning out. Never happened before.

nick87

Coach
5 qbs in the first 7 picks? That's Russian roulette. Can't see 5 qbs panning out. Never happened before.

Oh at least half of them will stink but I think it’s going to get wild up top

At least 4 are going to the browns, jets, bills and broncos
And that’s going to be in the first 7 picks once the bills make their next jump

beave

Coach
Bucs have re-signed Mike Evans and Cameron Brate for long term deals and Brent Grimes for one more year. I sat next to his wife Miko at the Bucs Lions game last year, she’s a fiesty little lady!!!!!

We’ve also grabbbed Vinny Curry and Beau Allen off Philly. I love Beau Allen, his presser was awesome. He just walked up to the podium unannounced and said to the press basically ‘hey I’ve signed, let’s do an interview!’

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Jets attempted to trade up to 1 or 2 but both were rejected. Giants are reportedly in love with Barkley but may still take a qb. Unlikely to move unless they get an absolute ransom.

Which brings us to the Bills. Probably the only team that can match what the Giants might want. They didn't move up to 12 so they could take just anybody but the Jets jumped in.

#4 now becomes prime real estate if you're happy to risk the QB leftovers and the Browns are willing to trade.

Haffa

I love Beau Allen, his presser was awesome. He just walked up to the podium unannounced and said to the press basically ‘hey I’ve signed, let’s do an interview!’
Yeah he's easy to love.

BnYdfesIQAAyJCS.jpg

nick87

Coach
Yep, a lot of love for big Beau

I follow a lot of eagles players on twitter and generally unfollow when they leave, not Beau, he's the tits

kurt faulk

Coach

suh is visiting the rams. the dream is alive. apparently no teams were interested in paying him crazy money so he has to be realistic. and if he's being realistic he may as well try to win a ring. fingers crossed.

beave

Coach
Yep, a lot of love for big Beau

I follow a lot of eagles players on twitter and generally unfollow when they leave, not Beau, he's the tits

I feel I may need to buy a jersey with his name on it.

Apparently he met his missus on Bumble,in all of his profile pics he was dressed up as an elephant.

That’s love right there.

My kinda player.