What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Predictions

Crush

Coach
Id love to hear the forums predictions on the following.
1. Who will win the comp?
2. Where will dragons finish?
3. Who will be the most damaging player for Dragons and why?
4. Which Dragons player are you most excited about watching next year?

1. Roosters. I think Teddy at the back will be the extra 5% they need to go all the way.
2. 3rd. I reckon we will be the most improved team next year. I think we lack speed in our outside backs but if we can find a solution to that problem we will be a powerful force.
3. Garreth Widdop. Ive never been a fan but I think Hunt may just take the pressure off him and when he is hot he is certainly a damaging player. Im putting a pineapple on him to win Dally M.
4. I am really looking forward to seeing what Dufty can do. I think if he fires we will go far. He needs some help in defence but with the right attacking structures he could score a lot of meat pies.

Walpole

Juniors
1. Cowboys to win it, Thurston and Scott back, Morgan even better, Jordan Maclean joining forces with Taumalolo and Hess gives them a very powerful pack.
2. Dragons to finish 6th and then hopefully a great ride through the semis.
3. Ben Hunt. The best no.7 we've had in a long, long time
4. Yep, Dufty for me too. The chance to start the season at fullback and chime into the backline with two top line halves is plenty of reason for optimism.

BrissyRedV

Bench
1. Cowboys- Thurston swansong.
2. 8th- after an early season winning run built upon some fantastic ad lib play from Hunt and Widdop, the Mary effect will kick in. Much better side on paper that with a decent coach I think would be top 4.
3. Toss up between Hunt, Widdop and Dufty.
4. Our two big recruits and Dufty after a preseason training at 1.

ouryear

Juniors
COWBOYS

6TH

FITZ WITH THE HELP OF JIMMY GRAHAM

4. Which Dragons player are you most excited about watching next year?
BEN HUNT, AND CLOSE SECOND DUFTY

dragonssamy61

First Grade
1. Cowboy with JT back As much as I don't like the Roosters if they get Cronk will go close.
2. 5th or 6th
Any lower is not good enough
3. The most important for us is hunt.
We have not had a world class 7 for years.
4. In top grade dufty .
I want to see how he goes with week in week out.
Also excited to see how young lomax goes against men.

Crush

Coach
Samy I think they will go back to back ..... They were just pipped by the Sharks the year before , this year they were very dominant . I know they have lost Cronk , but they will find someone to slot in ... What its worth that is my prediction ......
If I were a betting man Id say Roosters vs Storm Grand Final

jeffdragon

Bench
If cronk goes to rorters
There should be an enquiry if they don't
6th for us but i hope higher.
Graham and Hunt

Old Timer

Coach
1. Storm in a cantor.
2. Equal 9th as our outside backs will be a hinderance.
3. Vaughan (a really good 1st year and hopefully with a good 7 and if our 9 is allowed to play more freely he will prosper even more)
4. Widdop as this year is really make or break, Vaughan because of point 3, Mc Innes as I hope he is given a lot more freedom and of course Dufty. All this is predicated on Hunt being the answer to the 7 jumper which is what he is expected to be.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. Who cares? It won't be the Dragons.

2. Outside the eight.

3. Vaughan, although I'm keen on seeing what impact Graham will have on and off the field. Hopefully, Sims continues his late season form, and finally becomes the devastating player we all know he can be when focused.

4. After a hiccup or three, Widdop will finally deliver the form he's capable of providing thanks to the stability of a genuine halfback. We will witness the same, consistent form he showed at Melbourne with Cronk at his side.

This is Leiliua's last chance at redemption for a wasted year in 2017. It's make or break time for him. Fingers crossed his career doesn't go down the gurgular like Matt Mundine. The Dragons desperately need him to fire, particularly if Thompson departs.

MrDragon007

Juniors
f**k this im tipping the Dragons to win the comp....
Dragons to finish minor premiers...
Hunt and Widdop will destroy the field this year...
With Widdop and Hunt in top form im looking forward to seeing Dufty emerge as the new and improved version of Billy Slater... Dufty will be Slater 2.0
With Jimmy up front leading, we shouldnt fall off like we did in 2017.... Graham has the experience, so does widdop and hunt, so does Friz, so does JDB....
We have the boys that can lead from the front, Graham will take there leadership qualities to the next level.
Say what you all want, im riding the boys home each and every week....

ALSGI

Bench
Dragons.
4th, if we can keep our spine injury free.
Aitken, McDonald and Lafai on the other side. This will be mostly due to an improved forward pack and halves combination and improved kicking game.
4. Which Dragons player are you mostexcited about watching next year?
Dufty, Luciano, Field and Lomax.

Our forwards are very good. Our spine is good, potentially great if McInnes can do more than tackle and pass, and Dufty could be anything with an off season under his belt.
Our backs I think are actually very good. I think Aitken and McDonald will both benefit from Hunt and our right edge will be a weapon. I’d like to see Field replace Nighty on the Wing.
Mann and Luciano coming of the bench will complete our attack.

Coffs dragon

Bench
1. Broncos vs Cowboys GF with Broncos victory
2. 8th up one position & so Mary safe again!
3. Fritz running off Ben Hunt
4. Besides the obvious in Hunt & Graham, any backline player with Speed to burn

Latest posts