What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R19 Fri - Broncos 50-18 Panthers @ Suncorp

Round 19: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JW

Coach
No we weren't.

Mate...

Secondly, he was asking whether or not they can ever be a day where he could return home to Penrith to play rugby league.

I told him that he owed first option on his services to Wayne Bennett and the Brisbane Broncos who had assisted him through his rehabilitation processes and given him the opportunity to return to rugby league at Redcliffe. He agreed that that was the right thing to do.

However, I did tell Matt that if any time in the future he was looking for a move back towards Sydney, and that provided he kept working hard on his rehabilitation and maintaining a healthy and honest lifestyle, that I would have no problem accepting him back at the Panthers as a part of our club.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/07...dge-could-be-a-very-good-nrl-story-phil-gould

JW

Coach
Empty platitudes. He's making it sound good for the media.

I don't entirely doubt Gus' sincerity, but he's playing it safe here and pretty much telegraphing it too. He'll wait for the rage surrounding Lodge to wane a bit before making a proper play for him.

OldPanther

Coach
I don't entirely doubt Gus' sincerity, but he's playing it safe here and pretty much telegraphing it too. He'll wait for the rage surrounding Lodge to wane a bit before making a proper play for him.

He might. The problem with Gus is he will talk a lot of shit to the media so knowing what's genuine is tough.

TheFrog

Coach
you do realise that your club were interested in signing him for this season and are still interested in his signature ... right

so i guess that means the Panthers have no ethics either
Not interested, no room in cap.

OldPanther

Coach
then i guess you know more about who the Panthers are interested in than Phil Gould does ... which i find interesting since Phil Gould is the Panthers General Manager

I could be wrong but I think he's talking shit to pump up Lodge's rehabilitation story.

Gus has a god complex and wants to "save" Lodge. Problem is some people are just scum and not worth saving as harsh as that sounds.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
We've been crap tonight and deserve to lose but the NRL is such an unevenly run sport. We haven't hosted the Broncos at Penrith since March 2016. We're forced to travel to that abortion of a city for the last 4 times we've played this fixture. It must be nice following a club that gets the schedule it wants every year.

Shut the f**k up you bitch

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Use the phrase 'doing a Ben Creagh' in any pub in NSW or QLD and they instantly know what you are talking about.

Doesn't matter what he did in his footy career, that's what he is remembered for now.

Bit harsh but can't argue with that.
The poor merkin.
Superb footy player

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Take to them, sick of their shit, been in here fighting the good fight all night ffs

The missus took me out for tea. I'm very disappointed I missed this thoroughly enjoyable thread.
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to you and all my other fans.

Go the mighty Broncos. f**k yeah!!!!
Gonna come close this year

Latest posts