What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R20 Sat - Rabbitohs 26-20 Eels @ ANZ

Round 20: Rabbitohs v Eels

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pommy

Coach
Souths get the favourable calls week in, week out and nobody bats an eye lid

We get a hard fought victory against Cronulla, barely had a call go our way all night and it leaves Cronulla fans frothing all over their keyboards, oh well, beats rioting I guess

Broncos are really hard done by.

This Year?

Immortal

We get a hard fought victory against Cronulla, barely had a call go our way all night and it leaves Cronulla fans frothing all over their keyboards, oh well, beats rioting I guess
But mate, they have been holding us down all game! Ask @Nemesis. Those Eels are cheats trying to hurt our forwards like that. Isn't that right @alien. The Broncos get all the calls go their way!!

Generalzod

Immortal

Penalty Broncos mate their is no other club that has had more favourable decisions than the Broncos lol

blaza88z

Coach
But mate, they have been holding us down all game! Ask @Nemesis. Those Eels are cheats trying to hurt our forwards like that. Isn't that right @alien. The Broncos get all the calls go their way!!

I will you what it is mate, it's just so unfair, there isn't a week that goes by where my club (the mighty Brisbane Broncos) isn't responding to adversity in some way, it's a dead set miracle we're still alive and kicking, a lesser club would've been kicked out of the comp

RWB

Bench
I don't know if anyone else picked up on it but Sam Burgess was fired up after giving away a penalty and absolutely gave it to both refs and accused them of being biased by giving all the 50/50 calls to the Eels. I'm sure every body saw that part.

Then literally 2 plays later Sam Burgess put on a big hit and fired he up he got up shouting at the refs to call for a knock on, there was a bit of a delay and then they obliged. Replays showed no knock on.

A few plays later Sam Burgess trips over his own feet running a decoy and the refs give him a penalty for being taken out.

Two rulings that never were, awarded to a player who had clearly just intimidated the referees.

For the next 20 minutes after that the Eels haven't received 1 penalty but have had a player sent to the bin for 'consecutive penalties' including that penalty where Burgess fell over his own feet.

Say what you want about Burgess's comments, credit to him for changing the momentum of the game by getting in the heads of the referees. But neither referee should be in first grade for a very long time, you shouldn't let a player influence your performance or the game in such a manner.

There's a difference between referees who make an error here or there - we're all human. What we've seen tonight is two refs who just aren't up to being NRL referees, not yet anyway.

Latest posts