What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R20 Sat - Storm 44-10 Raiders @ AAMI

Round 20: Storm v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azza29

Juniors
I was secretly suggesting had Melbourne not cheated, they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful

There's a message there, if you're game enough to cheat and can afford the short-term disgrace, it's very rewarding over the long-term
Not a convincing argument, no matter how you look at it. Melbourne lost far more than they gained from cheating. I had thought that without Cronk we would be lucky to make the top 4 in 2018, happy to be wrong about that one. If anything, it's Bellamy's ability to turn other clubs' unwanted players into Origin material that has kept them competitive for the last eight years.

Vee

First Grade
Do you think you should've been able to retain the likes of Smith, Slater and Cronk who no doubt benefited largely from the systematic rorting that went on?

Because you know.. that cheating kind of set you guys up until they retire
What, as opposed to the Broncos’ cheating? Please...

Vee

First Grade
Just imagine having to be a Cronulla supporter we had to endure crap like Geoffrey Edelsten wanting to buy Cronulla how embarrassing was that having to endure whether will be around, thats why that premiership win in 2016 was the greatest day of my life I was there I’ve never ever scene so many Shire hobbits in my life who said Cronulla doesn’t have any fans
Bandwagon?

GongPanther

Referee
We do get it G. the afl get great crowds to their games when 2 Vic teams play each other. today the G was sold out with 2 Vic teams playing so your logic just doesn`t cut it. sydney just don`t get crowds to their games

The demographics compared to Melbourne and Brisbane have swung and changed dramatically over the years. It's more to do with real estate than anything else. People have simply sold up and moved interstate,or to other regional areas. People were sitting on goldmines,and when some overseas or interstate person wants your property at a figure too good to knock back...well,you sell up.

Lots of ppl have moved to Qld and the nth coast of NSW. The Illwarra and further south.The Blue mountains and the Penrith,Campbelltown areas. On the obverse,you have quite a big number of Victorians who have moved into the Balmain area and surrounds. Chinese on the North shore (although the north shore is predominately Rugby Union) and southern areas of Sydney.

Simply put,a lot of the population shift in Sydney are simply not RL fans as much as most think.

Over the past 43 years,I've seen these changes of Sydney. The population change as well as Sydney's structure.

But of course it is a different picture the further West of the inner city you go. And that is where the real growth of sport in Sydney is.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Salty methinks

Maybe. But the Storm shit is so obviously neglected that it does make your games unwatchable

I started the season watching as much as I could. I now watch my team (sadly) and the games I think will bring the best rl of the weekend.

None involve Melbourne. Blight on the game and a pack of merkins to boot...

moffla

Bench
Maybe. But the Storm shit is so obviously neglected that it does make your games unwatchable

I started the season watching as much as I could. I now watch my team (sadly) and the games I think will bring the best rl of the weekend.

You didn’t seem to have an issue with watching us at the start of the season when we were losing?

In fact it seems it’s only when we flog teams that we are apparently “unwatchable”

With that said, id also hate watching the same team that isn’t storm win every week.

Pedge1971

First Grade
You didn’t seem to have an issue with watching us at the start of the season when we were losing?

In fact it seems it’s only when we flog teams that we are apparently “unwatchable”

With that said, id also hate watching the same team that isn’t storm win every week.

Funnily enough the refs were policing your shit and wow you were losing.

Who would have thought?

Anyways good luck just don't expect me to watch.

The_Shield

Juniors

And yet Melbourne were involved in easily the most entertaining game this year against the Dragons a couple weeks ago

_Johnsy

Referee
Let's all take a deep breath, and relax. Some perspective may help. Melbourne are the victims here.

The_Shield

Juniors
Brisbane is Rugby League heartland, 30k every week
Well really what are the other alternatives for Brisbane? A shit AFL team, a shit rugby union team and an average soccer team. Broncos aren’t really competing with much. The Storm are up against 10 AFL teams, two of the better A-League teams, and an improving rugby union team.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well really what are the other alternatives for Brisbane? A shit AFL team, a shit rugby union team and an average soccer team. Broncos aren’t really competing with much. The Storm are up against 10 AFL teams, two of the better A-League teams, and an improving rugby union team.
Why is it that whenever you get a V ictard & Derplander together it invariably turns into a pissing contest?

I'm just glad they're both sitting down.

blaza88z

Coach
Why is it that whenever you get a V ictard & Derplander together it invariably turns into a pissing contest?

I'm just glad they're both sitting down.

He's just trying to be relevant and besides, he started it

I know you are but what am I.. etc