What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R21 Fri - Rabbitohs 30-20 Storm @ ANZ

Round 21: Rabbitohs v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
Roosters v Souths next week should be an absolute cracker.

Can't remember a time that I was so excited to watch a comp game as a neutral.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thankyou Souths for showing that a team that goes out and plays hard, tough, uncompromising but pure clean footy can beat a bunch of overcoached cynical cheating merkins who win purely by pushing the envelope with officials to the point they are officiated on percentages and not the rules.

Bellamys record suggests he is a great coach but his methods have taken the game backwards and are a stain on the game.

Tonight Souths showed that pure footy can always beat cynical shit and for what its worth I will always back that a team that plays entertaining front foot footy over a team that constantly challenges the rules.

STORM.99/07

Bench
a103da0c-9373-40f6-849c-5b7c9008391d_100_h_6.gif

KHqtXTN
??????????

blaza88z

Coach
Thankyou Souths for showing that a team that goes out and plays hard, tough, uncompromising but pure clean footy can beat a bunch of overcoached cynical cheating merkins who win purely by pushing the envelope with officials to the point they are officiated on percentages and not the rules.

Bellamys record suggests he is a great coach but his methods have taken the game backwards and are a stain on the game.

Tonight Souths showed that pure footy can always beat cynical shit and for what its worth I will always back that a team that plays entertaining front foot footy over a team that constantly challenges the rules.

Don't fire up The_Shield, whatever you do

STORM.99/07

Bench

You think bargearse played clean footy???

Pommy

Coach
He played footy. Not that tangle yourself up in lie over the top, niggle rake at the ball shit referee Smith was doing all game.

And Cook owned Cam like a bitch. No wonder he opted out of origin. Looked slow.

Hang on Smith is the best Hooker in the NRL, the players voted for it apparently.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Cook has Clive Churchill written all over him if they make it to the GF. He was the difference that 2nd half.

TheFrog

Coach
Decide the minor premiership? Gain a psychological advantage? Guarentee a home semifinal? There's a surfeit of meaning
Minor premiership is a cheque for a hundred grand. No other advantage over running 2nd. Psychological advantage is bullshit in my humble opinion. You only have to look back over results in finals compared to comp matches, they are evenly spread. Home final for finishing 1st or 2nd is something I suppose, but to not finish 1st or 2nd the Storm would have to lose more matches than just this one, especially since the Rabbitohs play the Roosters next week.

The biggest thing to come out of this game is the injury to Cam Smith. That might cost them, but it would have no matter the result. Otherwise this result will be forgotten at finals time. The Tigers match before it had more bearing on the makeup of the finals.

TheFrog

Coach
There has certainly been a surfeit of scorn aimed his way over the course of the evening...
I guess I must have missed it. It was pretty good for an exhibition game, but hard to get enthused about. A bit like an allstars game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Minor premiership is a cheque for a hundred grand. No other advantage over running 2nd. Psychological advantage is bullshit in my humble opinion. You only have to look back over results in finals compared to comp matches, they are evenly spread. Home final for finishing 1st or 2nd is something I suppose, but to not finish 1st or 2nd the Storm would have to lose more matches than just this one, especially since the Rabbitohs play the Roosters next week.

The biggest thing to come out of this game is the injury to Cam Smith. That might cost them, but it would have no matter the result. Otherwise this result will be forgotten at finals time. The Tigers match before it had more bearing on the makeup of the finals.
You keep on believing that .

Latest posts