What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R22 Fri - Warriors 20-4 Knights @ Mt Smart

Round 22: Warriors v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I don't think the Knights played that badly today. Played our first game against a team in the top 8 for 6 weeks and didn't get embarrassed. Our attack left a lot to be desired but I thought our defence was better. We are carrying some serious plodders in our team who won't be playing firsts for us next year in Cogger & Denniss.

Canard

Immortal
Two weeks in a row as well.

The fapping over slater will continue, meanwhile RTS will be quietly playing out of his skin and no one will notice.

Yes we shouldn't speak about a 13 year veteran ,who is retiring, because RTS strung 2 good games together.

Meth

Staff member
Yes we shouldn't speak about a 13 year veteran ,who is retiring, because RTS strung 2 good games together.

Well, a pretty great season really...but I agree with what you are saying. The accolades for Slater are deserved

Canard

Immortal
Yep. You're making a straw man.

How about you go ahead and point out to me the bit that makes you think I'm enraged?

You're an absolute drama queen sometimes Canard.

Why are you so upset about Slater being "fapped" over??

SBD82

Coach
Why are you so upset about Slater being "fapped" over??
I'm not upset about it. It was an observation on the poor quality of our media.

The slater feel good story that they've been jamming down our throats doesn't take an ounce of intelligence to write. It is very simple analysis of our game and it's lazy journalism at best. That doesn't mean that slater's receiving undeserved plaudits, just means that I'm crying out for more diverse content. .

Meanwhile RTS has had a massive year, turned into the player that he always had the potential to be, is leading the warriors like a champion, and there is nothing but crickets. The media have ignored this so much that when I make a comment about it, even you, who I assume follows rugby league pretty closely, assume that I'm only referring to two games.

Canard

Immortal
I'm not upset about it. It was an observation on the poor quality of our media.

The slater feel good story that they've been jamming down our throats doesn't take an ounce of intelligence to write. It is very simple analysis of our game and it's lazy journalism at best. That doesn't mean that slater's receiving undeserved plaudits, just means that I'm crying out for more diverse content. .

Meanwhile RTS has had a massive year, turned into the player that he always had the potential to be, is leading the warriors like a champion, and there is nothing but crickets. The media have ignored this so much that when I make a comment about it, even you, who I assume follows rugby league pretty closely, assume that I'm only referring to two games.

You've created a false equivalency, that coverage of one player impacts on the other. Your dislike of a player clouds your judgement

There is mere weeks left of Slater's career and your still upset that he is getting any type of press.

I'm sure RTS, whose Warriors career to date been patchy at best, will get plenty of Australian press in the next decade.

Latest posts