What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R22 Thu - Cowboys 34-30 Broncos @ 1300SMILES

Round 22: Cowboys v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
TBF you begin to wonder, the rate of close contests between these two feels more than coincidental. If it happened twice that'd be notable, 3 times is amazing but more than that?

The NRL is entertainment first and foremost, let's remember.

One alt is a coincidence.

bull rider

Juniors
Yep. Which makes Brisbane losing to us even sweeter.

It's admirable that you can set aside your shame and still find some positives in a train wreck of a season.

Going from competition favourites to potential spoon recipient in one season, it takes a special kind of effort to f**k up that hard.

Silent Knight

First Grade
This one is my favourite...

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-8
"The way we're performing especially, the last couple of weeks, doesn't entice any Broncos diehards for sure. It's utter disappointment for 2 weeks in a row for mine. We are very capable of bagging 4 points in the last 2 games but, alas. Tonight's game made sure we will not be in top 4 for sure.

If the analogy continues, we might win the next 2 (impossible at this stage) & lose to Manly in our last round but if it doesn't happen, we still be in 8. Let's say we finish on 8.

Mel (1) vs Dragons (4) - Mel to win to secure a home preliminary final
Souths(2) vs Roosters (3) - don't care who wins here

Panthers (5) vs Broncos (8)
Sharks (6) vs Warriors (7).

Can we fancy winning against Panthers at their home ground? With the loud noise being made around that club off lately & the speculation that Wayne could be their next coach, I suspect NRL would churn up this to happen.

If we do manage to win against Panthers (I doubt this as Refs will come to their rescue again) then, I very much fancy our chances against Dragons. That match should be the nail in the coffin for them Dragons for mine. If we managed to get till here, anything can happen.

As long as we don't get to play Melbourne in Melbourne in finals series, I fancy our chances.

I know it's all my enthusiasm, hope & speculation but, this is of no use. The only thing that matters is, team performance, their attitude & I can only WISH all the above said happens. We need to build that winning culture, putting the teams out of games. We're not doing either sadly."

You know Donkeys fans are desperate when they try and single out teams that in their mind are "vulnerable", meaning they can only beat teams that end up beating themselves (ohhh Penrith are in turrrmmmoooiiiiiillllll...therefore we'll win!).

If the Donkeys were a real contender like the Storm, Roosters, Souffs or Dragons then their fans would be feeling optimistic that they can beat any team on their day but instead they're left with this hypothetical scenario that if they can beat (A) and then get to (B) without facing (C) well then GRAND FINAL HERE WE COME BOYS!

To put it bluntly, they're cannon fodder. If they even make the 8.

bull rider

Juniors
This one is my favourite...

You know Donkeys fans are desperate when they try and single out teams that in their mind are "vulnerable", meaning they can only beat teams that end up beating themselves (ohhh Penrith are in turrrmmmoooiiiiiillllll...therefore we'll win!).

If the Donkeys were a real contender like the Storm, Roosters, Souffs or Dragons then their fans would be feeling optimistic that they can beat any team on their day but instead they're left with this hypothetical scenario that if they can beat (A) and then get to (B) without facing (C) well then GRAND FINAL HERE WE COME BOYS!

To put it bluntly, they're cannon fodder. If they even make the 8.

They've beaten the roosters and souths already this year and the Sharks twice.

Canard

Immortal
It's admirable that you can set aside your shame and still find some positives in a train wreck of a season.

Going from competition favourites to potential spoon recipient in one season, it takes a special kind of effort to f**k up that hard.

It must be more embarrassing for Broncos fans such as yourself when they lose to such a side then

bull rider

Juniors
It must be more embarrassing for Broncos fans such as yourself when they lose to such a side then

Hardly, It's our MO for the year. Beat the good teams, go down to the shit.

Not real worried about losing to the Cowboys or the Bulldogs in the finals because, ya know, they wont be there.

Lebbo73

Bench
I'm as happy laying the boot into the broncos as anyone, but seriously, what a cracking game.

These two teams just keep on delivering. The last 10 I completely forgot about my broncos hate and just thoroughly enjoyed watching the game. f**k I love rugby league.
Do you enjoy games being manipulated? Do you enjoy the fact that referees keep a running count on penalties? Do you enjoy the fact that both teams were reffed back into that game last night?

SBD82

Coach
Do you enjoy games being manipulated? Do you enjoy the fact that referees keep a running count on penalties? Do you enjoy the fact that both teams were reffed back into that game last night?
That's quite the rabbit hole you've jumped down. I won't join you if that's ok. Thanks for the invite.

Canard

Immortal

Haha, it's a conspiracy!!!

I especially like how the refs conspired to kick a 55m penalty and ensure that Milford's height made him unable to outleap Coen Hess.

Lebbo73

Bench
Haha, it's a conspiracy!!!

I especially like how the refs conspired to kick a 55m penalty and ensure that Milford's height made him unable to outleap Coen Hess.
The last three games of this comp have finished 33-32, 40-31 and 34-30. I really don’t need to say any more. The NRL has torn apart the fabric of the game and created some hybrid touch/league version of rugby league. There won’t be a game left in 10 years time worth watching.

beave

Coach

Broncos fan I take it? Takes a special kind to lose a GF in GP after leading pretty much the whole game. Brisbane will be on mad monday either the same week or the week after us. Considering all the resources and corporate advantages you merkins get, I’d be more worried about your own back yard.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's quite the rabbit hole you've jumped down. I won't join you if that's ok. Thanks for the invite.

Once you sift out the fresh crystalline sea salt I do think there's the beginnings of a valid point there...it's not that games are being manipulated as such, but the number of penalties almost always seems to square up quite a not after 80 mins.

The number of times I've seen a side concede the bulk of the penalties in the first half and look out of the contest, and then come out and win the penalty count by almost the same margin in the second half despite both sides playing pretty much the same is ridiculous. And there are other factors too, but there does seem to be a desire from the referees to have a reasonably even penalty count regardless of whether it's warranted or not.

All that being said the Broncos quite clearly got the better of the calls last night, when it all washes out.

Canard

Immortal
The last three games of this comp have finished 33-32, 40-31 and 34-30. I really don’t need to say any more. The NRL has torn apart the fabric of the game and created some hybrid touch/league version of rugby league. There won’t be a game left in 10 years time worth watching.

Haha, I love a good lunatic fringe.

A sample size of three is enough to come up with that turd of a conspiracy.

Let me guess, you think the Moon Landing is a hoax

Lebbo73

Bench
Haha, I love a good lunatic fringe.

A sample size of three is enough to come up with that turd of a conspiracy.

Let me guess, you think the Moon Landing is a hoax
No I don’t dickhead. However, I do find it interesting that they don’t know how to go to the moon any more.

A few of my favourites from the thread:

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-2
"Honestly, I was so proud of that effort in the second half, but I'll say it again - we were reffed out of the game. Piggy back penalties. Where the **** were our penalties? Same shit, different jersey, different rules."

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-5
"From the outset, settle the **** down gents. Stop bitching about this player or that player. It’s a team game and regardless of all the points I intent to make below, we were not good enough to control our own destiny.
I’m 41 and have been highly invested in my team since ‘88. In the NSWRL era you knew you were going to get screwed. The important aspect was that the “opposition” knew they were ploughing ring. Today it’s like they deny any variation of interpretation, favouritism or whatever you want to call it. For the first time in a long time, I watched the game alcohol free. Not the norm but I feel I’m reasonably capable of noticing trends even with a bit of piss in me. More so sober and with recent events, I’m getting more attuned to the vagrancy of the NRL. Tonight’s game was a perfect example. The time allowed for slowing the ruck was all over the place. Certainly not to our favour at exactly the wrong times, or so it seemed to me. Such a sense of “keep it close”. And the no try to Milford but we’ll give you a penalty? Not a hint of WTF from Ch9. Surprising? It’s really, really frustrating but I know my team, YOUR team will overcome this adversity but **** me, it’s painful."

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-8
"The way we're performing especially, the last couple of weeks, doesn't entice any Broncos diehards for sure. It's utter disappointment for 2 weeks in a row for mine. We are very capable of bagging 4 points in the last 2 games but, alas. Tonight's game made sure we will not be in top 4 for sure.

If the analogy continues, we might win the next 2 (impossible at this stage) & lose to Manly in our last round but if it doesn't happen, we still be in 8. Let's say we finish on 8.

Mel (1) vs Dragons (4) - Mel to win to secure a home preliminary final
Souths(2) vs Roosters (3) - don't care who wins here

Panthers (5) vs Broncos (8)
Sharks (6) vs Warriors (7).

Can we fancy winning against Panthers at their home ground? With the loud noise being made around that club off lately & the speculation that Wayne could be their next coach, I suspect NRL would churn up this to happen.

If we do manage to win against Panthers (I doubt this as Refs will come to their rescue again) then, I very much fancy our chances against Dragons. That match should be the nail in the coffin for them Dragons for mine. If we managed to get till here, anything can happen.

As long as we don't get to play Melbourne in Melbourne in finals series, I fancy our chances.

I know it's all my enthusiasm, hope & speculation but, this is of no use. The only thing that matters is, team performance, their attitude & I can only WISH all the above said happens. We need to build that winning culture, putting the teams out of games. We're not doing either sadly."

The funny thing is what was said above will probably happen.
LOL it changes b r o n c o s h q to nospam37, when I post the link.
Jesus h f**k the delusion is strong with these idiots
That thread is a goldmine of conspiracy rants .

Have a read of this

Anyone without a vested interest in seeing us / Wayne / Scapegoat Player fail could see that last night was one of the most scripted games in the history of manufactured results.

It was spoken about pre-game, we were never going to win, but it was always going to be a manufactured close result.

When either team was down by enough points, the ghost penalties came out. For the first 70 minutes though, both teams got the benefits of the calls. There was one there when we were "fighting back" where Sims just flopped like a fish with no defenders touching him, gets a penalty in front. Once the Cows were 12 behind with 20 to go, they got every **** call. The commentators were wanking on how much of a difference Scott, Taumalolo and McLean made, but dismiss the fact the Cowboys got 3 or 4 piggybacks late in the tackle count simply by holding the jerseys of our tacklers and not allowing them to get off to milk penalties. It was the exact same tactics as the 2015 grand final, but the refs didn't just fall for it, they were hoping for it so they could blow the whistle.

We should have been up by 8 when McCullough grubbered for Milford for what would have been the match-sealing try, but nope, that's not the fairytale we're after tonight.

I'm less pissed off with the result, and more pissed off that you could foresee 5 minutes in to the future and it just went perfectly to plan. This competition is a manufactured farce, scripted by the need for TV ratings, engineered by the bloke in the video ref's chair (how that still hasn't blown up just shows how protected Greenburg is), and enacted by a bunch of pawns on the field who are all vying to have their fairytale be THE fairytale of that season.

GongPanther

Referee
Give up Gus, and wrong thread..
I asked you in a civil and polite manner to what your take was.,And this is what you come up with..this is what your response was? I mean,come on,surely you can be more cerebral than that reply? Were you brought up on a f**king riverbank next to a tip? If that is the case,I'll stop my donations.