What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R24 Sat - Roosters 8-22 Broncos @ Allianz

Round 24: Roosters v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
Straight sets

6-3, 6-2

Roosters fans trying to act like it's all part of the plan are dead set kidding themselves, they're at serious risk of losing their first week home final and the way they're going at the moment you wouldn't put a Parramatta upset past them, especially given it's the last regular game of the season and Parra got pumped this week

Playing Melbourne in Melbourne is a real possibility and there's not a single team in the comp who wants to do that

Tommy Smith

Referee
Straight sets

6-3, 6-2

Roosters fans trying to act like it's all part of the plan are dead set kidding themselves, they're at serious risk of losing their first week home final and the way they're going at the moment you wouldn't put a Parramatta upset past them, especially given it's the last regular game of the season and Parra got pumped this week

Playing Melbourne in Melbourne is a real possibility and there's not a single team in the comp who wants to do that
All trolling aside - and I like to troll, especially in the heat of the moment - the Broncos & Warriors (and Sharks if they finish outside the top 4) are absolutely capable of making a run to the GF from 5th-8th. Your record vs the top 4 is evidence enough of that. And on a side note it makes your club's desire to punt Wayne Bennett all the more bizarre, but I digress...

I genuinely, honestly, do not care about our losses the past two weeks. Call it misguided if you will; as a result of seeing us going into the 2014 and 2015 finals series on the back of massive win streaks only to lay an egg when it mattered.

I'd rather we lay those eggs now and learn from it.

Cronulla won 1 of their last 6 in 2016

The Cowboys lost 3 of their last 5 in 2015

Souths lost 2 of their last 3 in 2014.

We lost 2 of our last 3 in 2013.

You see a pattern? I do. I know the Storm won it with a massive win streak last year but that's because they couldn't have lost if they tried as they were that far ahead of the pack lol

That being said I will be worried if we don't beat the Eels as I believe now is the time to flick the switch - if we have a switch.

I'm also majorly worried about our ability in dewy night conditions because we have, and pardon my none PC language, some absolute spastics in our line up capable of single handedly killing us - see Toops laat night and Fergo in last year's Prelim.

So those are my concerns. Playing conservative in the big games doesn't suit us because we have too many mongs with serious cases of the dropsies. So maybe that's a valuable lesson learned last night. And again, better last night than in 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm under no illusions that this is a seriously open comp. The Broncos and Warriors have only won one less game than us and it's so close that we can still miss the top 4.

But no, our losses the past two weeks haven't made me any more worried about our chances.

Leber

Bench
The Roosters are the scum of the earth team. The ONE time you want them to win, they play like asshats.

Kick them outta the comp.

bull rider

Juniors
Yeah the f**king boys.

How long does that merkin of a human Napa get in jail? Attempted murder has to be at least 10 years.

merkin is f**ked

Tommy Smith

Referee
On a side note can someone please tell me how the referees missed this?

Just look where the merkins are standing. Good f**king grief!

Screenshot_20180826-063558.jpg

footy75

Bench
Roosters got themselves to blame... errors

Napa... just dumb as dog shit... why why why

Going on about refs is fruitless...play good smart footy and put urself in a position to win

I stil lt hink the Roosters are gona be fine... so much talent

Valheru

Coach
Straight sets

6-3, 6-2

Posts like this just prove the plan is working.

Unlike the broncos we can afford to have a dip in performance leading to finals. Your mob has been scratching and clawing to even make the finals and when the good teams finish the taper off and put the foot down, the broncos just won't be able to go with them.

They just aren't good enough.

Bronco18

Juniors
Posts like this just prove the plan is working.

Unlike the broncos we can afford to have a dip in performance leading to finals. Your mob has been scratching and clawing to even make the finals and when the good teams finish the taper off and put the foot down, the broncos just won't be able to go with them.

They just aren't good enough.

When are the Roosters putting their foot down?

Seems you and Albert have been having a little countdown party all year...

Tommy Smith

Referee
When are the Roosters putting their foot down?

Seems you and Albert have been having a little countdown party all year...
Why would we put our foot down now? The last two games have meant nothing to our Premierships aspirations.

In fact we've achieved the two goals I'd hoped for:

1 - no injuries
2 - everyone is writing us off

Brilliant.

Valheru

Coach
Why would we put our foot down now? The last two games have meant nothing to our Premierships aspirations.

1 - no injuries

Brilliant.

It really is brilliant isn't it. We are in the same position as a fortnight ago despite the losses.

We have had 1000 errors, 6 penalty goals and 2 sin binnings in those games whilst committing less missed tackles and making more line breaks than the opposition.

It is pretty obvious it will turn around soon.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

1 - no injuries

Brilliant.
All except you're going to lose Napa. Unless he gets off with an early plea or something.

Canard

Immortal
Are the Broncos the only team to have an opposition player binned for foul play (now twice) all year?

Last edited: