What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R24 Thu - Wests Tigers 22-20 Sea Eagles @ Campbelltown

Round 24: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Oh please, what you would rather he kick it dead and give away 7 tackles? Tackled one metre out from the goal line with less than 2 minutes to play is not selfish nor dumb.
Yes it is . Roll it into the damn in goal area. We just dont know how to close a game out.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Oh please, what you would rather he kick it dead and give away 7 tackles? Tackled one metre out from the goal line with less than 2 minutes to play is not selfish nor dumb.

I believe we were dudded a tackle, one ref gave 6 again on tackle 1, the other didn’t realize. It was tackle 4.

Edit, just watched it and yes, we were

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
If only Brooks and Liddle shows the composure Robbie and Benji did in the 2011 Warriors semi to run it on the last fromhalfway with 3 minutes to go when up by 2
Ive no doubt they would and probably put a chip kick in as well.
I watched Brooks closely that last few minutes. He directed no one and had no plan. He had heaps of time and a great kicking angle and put it dead. Then let others control the final set. When the game is there to be won he is not.

martielang

Bench
Manly stood around like they still had 5 minutes left, their fault there for not deciding what to do a bit quicker.

Regardless, if they got the ball kicked for touch straight away that’s 10+ seconds gone. If they tap it & run straight they’ve lost 5+ from when the whistle is blown as they aren’t able to play the ball.

Might not seem much but that’s 1 or 2 tackles.

There’s zero advantage getting a penalty.

Front-Rower

First Grade
If only Brooks and Liddle shows the composure Robbie and Benji did in the 2011 Warriors semi to run it on the last fromhalfway with 3 minutes to go when up by 2

There was a kick out on the full to from memory by Robbie which lead to Inu’s try? I was at the game that night and have never watched a replay. Memory is a bit scratchy.

I'm still pissed off

Not about the loss, other than a 5 minute unacceptable period they showed guts and even missing the hail Mary kick didn't upset me, at least they tried other than that 5 minutes of barrett inspired shit

I'm pissed off I stayed on for the breaking news and all it was, was a joke that fletch took over, that wasn't funny and it was false advertising

I'm pissed off I can't even trust them to break news what the f**k was that

Only 80 more minutes, hopefully it's a spin 6 avoiding 80 minutes

f**k this season

Grapple

Bench
DCE was in some fine form last night. His passing and running game was beautiful to watch. No wonder he decided to take the kick. Shame Manly just crumble when they don't have possession.

Not sure what Cleary is doing with bringing Farah off, unless his fitness is not up to par. They are a different team with him off the park, and not necessarily a better one. Pretty sure i've seen the same thing happen in other games, and the tigers middle opens up. Or perhaps it was just Addin Fonua-Blake steamrolling everyone last night?

Russell Coight

Juniors
DCE was in some fine form last night. His passing and running game was beautiful to watch. No wonder he decided to take the kick. Shame Manly just crumble when they don't have possession.

Not sure what Cleary is doing with bringing Farah off, unless his fitness is not up to par. They are a different team with him off the park, and not necessarily a better one. Pretty sure i've seen the same thing happen in other games, and the tigers middle opens up. Or perhaps it was just Addin Fonua-Blake steamrolling everyone last night?

Manly were the better team by far last night. If it wasn't for that 10 min period after half time we were in all sorts

As for the Farah part, not so sure of the tactics either other than giving liddle some game time...think I'd rather just have four forwards on the bench

ed-grimley

Bench
If CE had have kicked the penalty it would underlined the absurdity of GP for most games. The only thing riding on this match was West's faint hopes of making the 8.

I'm still pissed off

Not about the loss, other than a 5 minute unacceptable period they showed guts and even missing the hail Mary kick didn't upset me, at least they tried other than that 5 minutes of barrett inspired shit

I'm pissed off I stayed on for the breaking news and all it was, was a joke that fletch took over, that wasn't funny and it was false advertising

I'm pissed off I can't even trust them to break news what the f**k was that

Only 80 more minutes, hopefully it's a spoon avoiding 80 minutes

f**k this season

TheFrog

Coach
Bloody ch9, would have liked to see a replay of the kick, it looked close, obviously just short but instead of being able to see how close he got 9 just cut straight to the footy show.
It was caught a metre or so in the field of play so didn't even go under the posts. Kyle Feldt would have got the distance.

Russell Coight

Juniors
You can't have these defensive meltdowns and still be the better side. Manly have done it several times this year.

Manly had the overall better stats, but I guess an ugly win is better than no win

Still walked away after last nights game feeling like we lost.

Latest posts