What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 SF2 Sat - Rabbitohs 13-12 Dragons @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thommo4pm

Coach
Beware of the wounded we mustn’t underestimate them.

Who knows what will happen and what immortal Mary will come up with...

What sucks is the winner won’t get all its members in week 3 as it’s at Allianz. Only ticketed members will get in.

One things for sure the Dragons got most of the calls today so hopefully they don’t next week.
We got most of the calls?
Not sure what game you watched.

thommo4pm

Coach
Others here suggest late-70's. I have no idea myself hence my query but..

Whatever the case - without disrespect to other teams - this is the Sydney-centric semi final the NRL needs to have. Press all weekend about NRL semi final crowds down... all that crap.. (even though Brissy fires in 47k....)..
1984, SCG. It was the bash-a-thon. We beat them but I still remember watching all of the fights in that game.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm so pumped for this game. Win or lose I'm so proud of them to get here and I get to celebrate my birthday a week later. The atmosphere should be amazing and this week will be a celebration of what all but the most one eyed could think was possible.

What confidence does to a team in such a close finals series could prove to the difference!

Go you Dragons!

moffla

Bench
Funny how finals work. All of a sudden Dragons have the confidence and also the physical edge after Rabbitohs played through 80 minutes of incredibly high intensity football. Dragons on the other hand had the chance to take their foot off the pedal in the second half vs Broncos.

Still think Bunnies have too much in them to go out in straight sets though. South by 6

This Year?

Immortal
Funny how finals work. All of a sudden Dragons have the confidence and also the physical edge after Rabbitohs played through 80 minutes of incredibly high intensity football. Dragons on the other hand had the chance to take their foot off the pedal in the second half vs Broncos.

Still think Bunnies have too much in them to go out in straight sets though. South by 6

I wouldn't say we have the physical edge. We lost Widdop who was a huge part of that win and hopefully JDB can play but he def won't be 100%. Teams don't back up well after playing the Storm.
I think this will be a game for the ages and I hope both sets of fans can come out in force to support their teams who both have done magnificent to get this far.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can’t see the dragons matching it in attack so it will need to be a 12-10 like win on the back of Herculean defensive effort if they do get the win. Not impossible.

Matt checcin come on down!!!

TheFrog

Coach
Dragons have played their Grand Final. Widdop gone. deBelin must be doubtful, Graham on a 6 day turnaround also doubtful. They gave their all yesterday and I fear for them in this game against serious opposition.

Souths more than comfortably.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons have played their Grand Final. Widdop gone. deBelin must be doubtful, Graham on a 6 day turnaround also doubtful. They gave their all yesterday and I fear for them in this game against serious opposition.

Souths more than comfortably.
Lol. Brisbane were pretty much the form team of the comp going into Sunday's game. Don't let a surfeit of facts get in the way though.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Teams don't back up well after playing the Storm.
Souths beat Melbourne in round 21 and lost to the roosters the following week.

3 teams lost to Melbourne by 1 during the year. Cowboys backed up to win (as did Rooster after a bye), Manly got belted.

6 teams lost to Melbourne by 6 or less. 50/50 win/loss record the following week.

Including the Panthers last week, 9 sides won the week after they played Melbourne (10 if you include Roosters but their game against storm was followed by a bye then a win).

6 of those 9 lost to the storm and won the following week.

Strong but not compelling data in Dragons favour!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wouldn't say we have the physical edge. We lost Widdop who was a huge part of that win and hopefully JDB can play but he def won't be 100%. Teams don't back up well after playing the Storm.
I think this will be a game for the ages and I hope both sets of fans can come out in force to support their teams who both have done magnificent to get this far.
We have had an eight day turn around though! The first half against Brisbane was very physical..you guys could tire in the second half..

If we play like we did against Melbourne and defend a bit better I think we have enough in us to find a way to stay alive.

_Johnsy

Referee
Lol time to take out the trash of which most of their supporter base bays for the coach to be sacked and next minute he’s an immortal. That is the thing I question some of these Dragons fans on.... to the ones that verbally abused and threw objects at em when they lost 38-0 shame on them....
That was a reaction to what they dished up when honouring a club legend (Thommo) & sending of another legend, Nighty. Nothing more, but you knew that.

Last edited:

ed-grimley

Bench
Souths, as long as S Burgess doesn’t get monstered by all and sundry and nothing happens to Reynolds.

TheFrog

Coach
Lol. Brisbane were pretty much the form team of the comp going into Sunday's game. Don't let a surfeit of facts get in the way though.
I tipped you to win that game. You have injuries and are facing a much better side.